Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
20-11-2012, 02:42 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
Satanism looks to me like an atheist with a massive ego, all dressed up in ritual and 'meaning'. I look at it like I see the religion of FSM, except a little more intense- not quite the same pirate party. I 'get' the idea but I'm a no frills person.

Anj is right about the influx from the podcast, at least that's what I've assumed all week.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 03:19 AM
(19-11-2012 10:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone in the Church of Satan probably came across the podcast about Satanism and then posted it on one of their forums and they all had to come and check us out.

Whenever TTA gets mentioned somewhere new, we get an influx of people from that group who come in, stir things up, post some BS that really doesn't apply here, they get bored and then move on.

Wonder when Westboro will show up?
[Image: tumblr_m9srwddjPB1rsw1yf.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 03:46 AM
How the fuck is Irish on a necroposting spree "so much satanism?" Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
20-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Rituals, pfffft

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-11-2012, 07:31 AM
(19-11-2012 07:13 PM)Julius Wrote:  Atheism is merely the position that the supernatural does not exist...and that's it!
No, atheism is the position that there are no gods. Alternatively, atheism is defined as the absence of a belief in god(s). Either way, you can be an atheist and believe in the supernatural. (ex. ghosts, spirits, demons, etc.)

(19-11-2012 10:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  After all, Satan's kill count in the bible is still 0. It could be a lot worse.
Satan's kill count in the Bible is, according to your source, between 10 and 60.
20-11-2012, 07:43 AM
(19-11-2012 06:01 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 05:47 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  lack of belief in God, lack of belief in supernaturalism, lack of belief in superstitions, embracing of medicine and science as valid ways of understanding the world, lack of respect (by this I mean-we both likely feel that religion should be done away with) for religions. Id say thats a lot in common.
And No, I assume people do not understand by their statements which paint a phony picture of what i am and do.
Wow, you don't even know what the fuck an atheist is, do you?

Being a former Atheist, of course I know, I wasnt speaking of Atheism, I was speaking of what we have in common from your previous posts on this board. I always research and read before Joining, Ive been browsing this message board for at least 6 months and have read many of your posts and comments, you do not seem to believe in the supernatural/superstitions or God and so that means we have much more in common than you would like to believe.
You are unneccesarily rude and bitchy and there is no reason for it. You do not need to be a Vicious trollop just because you do not like Witches or Satanists or whatever, you are correct though on the other thread where you said I was breaking a Satanic sin (I am far from stupid) but I am breaking #3 Solipism. Projecting my beliefs and practices and expecting you to treat me with respect and understanding when you are not capable of doing so. For that I must apologize and try to move on or find common ground.
Personally, I cannot stand most religions and in fact when I was interviewed for The Newport Atheist I was asked if I think religion should be abolished: Do you think that it is valuable for atheists to engage in 'interfaith' dialogue with religious groups?

Sometimes I do when I am not in such an Anti Religious mood, I think that attending churches like UU or Unity can be good for people who can be open minded to learning about other cultures and spiritual paths and then when I am in that Anti Religious Mood I think its a terrible Idea...I think that Religion is very dangerous and very bad for people, I wouldnt force someone to abandon their beliefs but I would educate people on the errors of their ways if asked or if the subject of religion came up in chat, to support religion when its so destructive to me seems ludicrous and yet at the same time I listen to UU sermons on the net, I find some of the spiritualities to be engaging, I think that perhaps there is a difference between religions and some Naturalistic Paths but then again, Naturalistic Paths arent in the habit of teaching people that they are weaklings who have no control over their lives either. (1999)
By the way, while Atheism simply means someone who lacks belief in God or gods (or who actively does not believe in God) It usually includes those who have used those same critical thinking skills and have rejected all forms of supernaturalism and superstition but I personally do not think that we need to reject all forms of spirituality. I love Ritual, I love holidays and I love celebrations, I enjoy meditation and spirit dancing, I love candles and incense and sage and psychodrama and I see nothing wrong with engaging in these sorts of Rituals.
[+] 1 user Likes Irishdize's post
20-11-2012, 08:00 AM
(19-11-2012 07:13 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 04:07 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Satanism is a form of Atheism
You will likely find us here from time to time because we have so much in common
Satanism is a form of Atheism? Bullshit!

Atheism is merely the position that the supernatural does not exist...and that's it! There is no doctrine, there is no dogma and no weekly services!

While...Satanism is some crazy offshoot religion of Christianity with it's own doctrine, ritual and, of course, services and membership fees. This makes you Satanist not really much different from the Christians from whom you had to steel your concept of a deity.

What I meant is that Satanists are Atheists first and foremost.
Its Important to understand that the COS does have a $200 membership fee, You are not required to join the church to be a Satanist and there are not weekly services like a Christian church. Satanists have 3 major holidays that they celebrate and I personally have incooperated Random Ritual days into my practices but thats ME and not a common Satanic practice as far as I can tell.

Satanism is not an offshoot of Christianity, In Fact, Most Satanists consider this to be their philosophy, I and a small minority consider it to be a religion but I do because it has Rituals and Magic but thats again MY interpretation of things.

There also isnt really any dogma. There is a Satanic Bible and several other books that are based on our philosophy but these are Guidelines and ideas that we should or could follow. Not all Satanists adhere to all of these teachings nor should we because Satanism is about thinking for yourself first and foremost and individuality.
20-11-2012, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 08:13 AM by Logica Humano.)
(19-11-2012 10:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 06:01 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Wow, you don't even know what the fuck an atheist is, do you?
I don't get it. He summed up many common views of atheists, and the first point (lack of belief in God) is kinda important when discussing common ground.

I don't have a problem with Satanists. Even if they actually believed in Satan (which doesn't appear to be the case), I like the idea that someone would believe in both God and Satan and choose to follow Satan. After all, Satan's kill count in the bible is still 0. It could be a lot worse.
The only quality of an atheist is the disbelief in God. You will find, however, that he is not like any of us on here if he participates in the sociopathic cult. And you do know what LaVeyan Satanism is, right? It has nothing to do with actual Satan, and only to do with their fucking retarded sociopath founder.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
20-11-2012, 08:07 AM
(20-11-2012 02:42 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Satanism looks to me like an atheist with a massive ego, all dressed up in ritual and 'meaning'. I look at it like I see the religion of FSM, except a little more intense- not quite the same pirate party. I 'get' the idea but I'm a no frills person.

Anj is right about the influx from the podcast, at least that's what I've assumed all week.
The big difference is that in the Church of the FSM we are goofing, while the Satanists take themselves seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 08:35 AM
(20-11-2012 08:05 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 10:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I don't get it. He summed up many common views of atheists, and the first point (lack of belief in God) is kinda important when discussing common ground.

I don't have a problem with Satanists. Even if they actually believed in Satan (which doesn't appear to be the case), I like the idea that someone would believe in both God and Satan and choose to follow Satan. After all, Satan's kill count in the bible is still 0. It could be a lot worse.
The only quality of an atheist is the disbelief in God. You will find, however, that he is not like any of us on here if he participates in the sociopathic cult. And you do know what LaVeyan Satanism is, right? It has nothing to do with actual Satan, and only to do with their fucking retarded sociopath founder.

I tend to have quite a lot in common with Atheists since I am in an Atheistic philosphy (or religion). The only difference is that I refuse to let go of my love for Rituals and ceremonies and That I follow a set of ideas (but dont most people have a philosophy of some kind)?
Yes, Ego and Pride are very important concepts to a Satanist but then again, an Atheist can have the same ideas no?
Also, MOST Satanists are not sociopaths, in fact we are very intelligent, calculated and cool people, we leave people alone who do not deserve to be harmed-Meaning that if an average person on the street encountered me, Id be polite, Id hold the door open for them when they went into the store, I started a charity in 2009 to help those in my community who are less fortunate but I dont help everyone-I look for people who do not ask/beg and who do seem to be trying to get themselves into a better place-not those who just want a hand out but if someone makes themself into a mark or shows me that they deserve to be treated with disdain or whatever it is, then Yeah, I will do whatever it takes to make sure that they dont cross me again. Thats not a Satanic thing in reality, many people are that way, many atheists are that way.
I do work in a field where I have to actively pretend to be something I am not and people come to me with money and goods and give them to me for fake products and I admit that but also I have told clients that I am not selling anything real and they either didnt believe me and purchased them anyways or they believed MY products were phony but the general product I was offering was real and went elsewhere and purchased it, people will believe what they wish to believe, perception is a major key for most consumers and so I have decided that it is not beneficial for me to quit my job especially in this economy and instead focus on making my life better and also my circle of 9's lives better.
Unethical? Yeah. But not all of our actions in life are ethical. something we have to make a choice of doing something that benefits US when it doesnt benefit others at all.
IN RL I am a nice person, I believe in making myself into the best person I can be, I believe in church/state seperation, I am an activist in several organizations (atheist) and I think that we have much more in common than you would like to think but because you are so hung up on the word Satanism or Satan as the case may be, you refuse to see. which is fine, I dont want people in my life who run away from me because of perception.
Drooling