Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
20-11-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(20-11-2012 02:36 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Whether or not they choose to call themselves a cult is their prerogative. They are still a cult, whether they like it or not. He has to accept the fact that his belief system is a cult before I can delve into the sociological incompatibilities and inconsistencies with Satanism.
You've yet to explain to me why it matters. In any meaningful (IMO) sense of the word, Satanism isn't a cult. If you choose to label it one, you'll have to do the same to pretty much any religion, political party, philosophical movement... I could go on. If this is the case, it doesn't really matter.
Religion and cult are interchangeable words. They are virtually identical in all aspects save social acceptance. The fact that you even equate religion and cult with politics and philosophy shows your misunderstanding of what a cult is.

One of the many principles of Sociology include resocialization with religious and occult worship.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2012, 12:15 AM
(20-11-2012 04:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:36 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  You've yet to explain to me why it matters. In any meaningful (IMO) sense of the word, Satanism isn't a cult. If you choose to label it one, you'll have to do the same to pretty much any religion, political party, philosophical movement... I could go on. If this is the case, it doesn't really matter.
Religion and cult are interchangeable words. They are virtually identical in all aspects save social acceptance. The fact that you even equate religion and cult with politics and philosophy shows your misunderstanding of what a cult is.

One of the many principles of Sociology include resocialization with religious and occult worship.

Are all Philosophies a cult?
or just Satanism?
21-11-2012, 12:38 AM
(21-11-2012 12:15 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Religion and cult are interchangeable words. They are virtually identical in all aspects save social acceptance. The fact that you even equate religion and cult with politics and philosophy shows your misunderstanding of what a cult is.

Are all Philosophies a cult?
or just Satanism?
He never said that it was just Satanism, nor that it was all philosophies. Plus, I doubt anybody would accept such a preposterous dichotomy as you have provided here.

</iframe>
</iframe>Definition of CULT

: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fadb : the object of such devotionc : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Seems like Satanism fits into the definition quite well, as well as other philosophies, but just because one philosophy fits doesn't mean ALL do.

That's a composition fallacy.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-11-2012, 01:11 AM
(21-11-2012 12:38 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 12:15 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Are all Philosophies a cult?
or just Satanism?
He never said that it was just Satanism, nor that it was all philosophies. Plus, I doubt anybody would accept such a preposterous dichotomy as you have provided here.

Definition of CULT

: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator
a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fadb : the object of such devotionc : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Seems like Satanism fits into the definition quite well, as well as other philosophies, but just because one philosophy fits doesn't mean ALL do.

Satanism fits into 3, yes, but does a definition like that matter? Logica is clearly trying to say that Satanism is a cult and therefore bad, but with this definition that doesn't follow. Also, many political parties fit in rather nicely to 5.
21-11-2012, 01:14 AM
(20-11-2012 04:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:36 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  You've yet to explain to me why it matters. In any meaningful (IMO) sense of the word, Satanism isn't a cult. If you choose to label it one, you'll have to do the same to pretty much any religion, political party, philosophical movement... I could go on. If this is the case, it doesn't really matter.

...and?
21-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
So, how much did you say these dictionaries are again? $200?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
21-11-2012, 01:00 PM
(21-11-2012 01:11 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 12:38 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  He never said that it was just Satanism, nor that it was all philosophies. Plus, I doubt anybody would accept such a preposterous dichotomy as you have provided here.

Definition of CULT

: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator

Satanism fits into 3, yes, but does a definition like that matter? Logica is clearly trying to say that Satanism is a cult and therefore bad, but with this definition that doesn't follow. Also, many political parties fit in rather nicely to 5.
It also fits into definitions 1,2, and 5 as well. Do you not worship yourselves and treat the human with veneration? Is yourself not with Satanism is about?

Logica, I think, is implying that there is no such need as Satanism because it is unnecessary and rather useless.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-11-2012, 01:46 PM
(21-11-2012 01:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 01:11 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Satanism fits into 3, yes, but does a definition like that matter? Logica is clearly trying to say that Satanism is a cult and therefore bad, but with this definition that doesn't follow. Also, many political parties fit in rather nicely to 5.
It also fits into definitions 1,2, and 5 as well. Do you not worship yourselves and treat the human with veneration? Is yourself not with Satanism is about?

Logica, I think, is implying that there is no such need as Satanism because it is unnecessary and rather useless.
"formal religious veneration" implies dogma, which Satanism doesn't have. Roughly the same with 2. 5 is a bit questionable on this use, because it's not really referring to a religion, but something like a movie or a band, mainly.

How is whether Satanism is a cult or not in any way related to that? Furthermore, I would argue that Satanism is very useful. For instance, Satanism can work as self-manipulation, allowing you to control and work with your emotions and weaknesses to achieve what you want to be.
21-11-2012, 02:13 PM
(21-11-2012 01:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 01:11 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Satanism fits into 3, yes, but does a definition like that matter? Logica is clearly trying to say that Satanism is a cult and therefore bad, but with this definition that doesn't follow. Also, many political parties fit in rather nicely to 5.

Worship is the wrong word. I put myself first, I exalt myself in the sense that I am #1 before all others, I do what suits me best, what benefits me and then I worry about those in my circle and then maybe If Im inclined to do so I look after others.
Human beings to me are animals, we are no better than 4 legged animals so there is no veneration, we simply make sure that we are taken care of, that our needs are met.
#5? Everyone fits in that category including atheists, Im sure that there is some actor or author or type of food or political candidate or movie or tv show or whatever that most people cant get enough of, I am a star trek fanatic and I love charmed, does that mean I am a charmism and a trekism? I worship Tasha Yar?
I dont subscribe to the definition that all religions are cults, as I already pointed out earlier, dictionaries dont adequetly describe everything such as Witches, a cult to me is a small group of people like Jim Jones where there is a leader who controls his followers and all of that but thats ME and my understanding of the word, you have a right to your opinion.
21-11-2012, 02:46 PM
(21-11-2012 02:13 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Worship is the wrong word. I put myself first, I exalt myself in the sense that I am #1 before all others, I do what suits me best, what benefits me and then I worry about those in my circle and then maybe If Im inclined to do so I look after others.

Meh, worship, exalt, same fucking thing. But the fuck if I need rituals and incense to do that. Just feels natural to me. Don't need no bullshit framework invented by some other fucker, I am perfectly capable of formulating my own thankyouverymuch. And nihilism seems a more serious philosophy to me than dancing naked under a full moon tripping my gourd out (not that it isn't fun Big Grin ).

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coming out on another forum TwoCultSurvivor 31 528 Yesterday 11:10 AM
Last Post: TwoCultSurvivor
  Why We Let Theists Stay On Our Forum: Because We Have No Fear WindyCityJazz 36 774 02-07-2014 03:16 PM
Last Post: TarzanSmith
  Satanism and Ritualism Mr. Slave 68 847 19-06-2014 10:20 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The Best Quotes from Insane Rapture Forum Raptor Jesus 46 1,313 14-02-2014 01:26 PM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Forum proselytizing ghostexorcist 8 436 13-12-2013 10:34 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Can I say "BS" on this forum? black_squirrel 55 1,979 06-10-2013 08:14 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Joining a Christian Forum Adenosis 51 2,074 23-05-2013 06:24 PM
Last Post: cjs