Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
21-11-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(21-11-2012 01:46 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 01:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It also fits into definitions 1,2, and 5 as well. Do you not worship yourselves and treat the human with veneration? Is yourself not with Satanism is about?

Logica, I think, is implying that there is no such need as Satanism because it is unnecessary and rather useless
How is whether Satanism is a cult or not in any way related to that? Furthermore, I would argue that Satanism is very useful. For instance, Satanism can work as self-manipulation, allowing you to control and work with your emotions and weaknesses to achieve what you want to be.
And Nonsatanists can do that as well, Satanism is not required.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
21-11-2012, 03:56 PM
(21-11-2012 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 02:13 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Worship is the wrong word. I put myself first, I exalt myself in the sense that I am #1 before all others, I do what suits me best, what benefits me and then I worry about those in my circle and then maybe If Im inclined to do so I look after others.

Meh, worship, exalt, same fucking thing. But the fuck if I need rituals and incense to do that. Just feels natural to me. Don't need no bullshit framework invented by some other fucker, I am perfectly capable of formulating my own thankyouverymuch. And nihilism seems a more serious philosophy to me than dancing naked under a full moon tripping my gourd out (not that it isn't fun Big Grin ).

Rituals serve many purposes
1. FUN is one of them.
2. They help me de-stress and focus on my Inner/deeper self and needs, sometimes needs that I am not conciously even aware of.
3. They allow me to vent my frustrations at others without doing any harm in reality to these people and they allow me to feel like I am doing something to help others, for example when a friend tells me that her husband is ill and I offer to light a candle for him, The candle doesnt help him *Unless he knows its been lit* but it helps to remind me that there are those who are far worse off than I am or just as worse off as I am so that I do not need to feel sorry for myself.
4. Like Ive already said before, I come out of my rituals feeling relaxed, connected, calm, happy, I really enjoy a good day or night of ritual, fantasy (but Im an actor/writer), Psychodrama and whatever else I did in the ritual, I dont NEED them I suppose, I have gone many weeks without a 6 coming up (a day proposed as ritual on the die) but I do enjoy them, then again, I dont NEED a day with my dog, I dont NEED to go to the beach and play with him, I enjoy it, there are many things that we dont NEED to do but we do them anways because they bring us pleasure or peace.
This is where I differ from most atheists it seems, there seems to be a need from them for everything to make logcial sense, for everything to fit nicely into a box and I think outside of the box, not everything is rational-nor do I need it to be such, life is about (for me) so much more. OH, and its not about dancing around naked under the moon, thats more of a Pagan practice than a Satanic one but I have done it and I am not opposed to someone incooperating that into their practice, Satanic Witches for example.
[+] 1 user Likes Irishdize's post
21-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Here's a question for the Satanists posting in this thread:

In all the years of experience you've had being a Satanist, do you feel you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy explaining to others what Satanism is or isn't?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
21-11-2012, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 04:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-11-2012 03:56 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Rituals serve many purposes
1. FUN is one of them.
2. They help me de-stress and focus on my Inner/deeper self and needs, sometimes needs that I am not conciously even aware of.
3. They allow me to vent my frustrations at others without doing any harm in reality to these people and they allow me to feel like I am doing something to help others, for example when a friend tells me that her husband is ill and I offer to light a candle for him, The candle doesnt help him *Unless he knows its been lit* but it helps to remind me that there are those who are far worse off than I am or just as worse off as I am so that I do not need to feel sorry for myself.
4. Like Ive already said before, I come out of my rituals feeling relaxed, connected, calm, happy, I really enjoy a good day or night of ritual, fantasy (but Im an actor/writer), Psychodrama and whatever else I did in the ritual, I dont NEED them I suppose, I have gone many weeks without a 6 coming up (a day proposed as ritual on the die) but I do enjoy them, then again, I dont NEED a day with my dog, I dont NEED to go to the beach and play with him, I enjoy it, there are many things that we dont NEED to do but we do them anways because they bring us pleasure or peace.

I got no issue with any of that. Hell, I been practicing zazen for decades without being a Buddhist for similar reasons.

(21-11-2012 03:56 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  This is where I differ from most atheists it seems, there seems to be a need from them for everything to make logcial sense, for everything to fit nicely into a box and I think outside of the box, not everything is rational-nor do I need it to be such, life is about (for me) so much more.

Got no issue with that either. Girly didn't dismiss some bullshit idea of God only to replace it by prostrating myself before logic and reason. I ain't no Kantian. Logic and reason are tools I use to make a living for me and mine, not things deserving of worship. It'd be like a carpenter worshipping his hammer and saw and tape measure and level. I appreciate their utility and use them to my advantage, but I recognize they are just tools. Granted, the most advanced and sophisticated tools we have, but still just tools. Nothing more.

Don't think I got much of a problem with Satanism from what I've seen here so far. They do operate under a framework developed by some other fucker instead of their own, but fundamentally it don't seem much different than my own other than superficial details. ... And I bet they got a lot more recipes for baby than the Standard Atheist Cookbook. It is harvest season after all. Drooling

(21-11-2012 03:56 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  OH, and its not about dancing around naked under the moon, ...

The fuck it ain't. That is what it's all about. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
21-11-2012, 05:20 PM
(21-11-2012 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Here's a question for the Satanists posting in this thread:

In all the years of experience you've had being a Satanist, do you feel you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy explaining to others what Satanism is or isn't?

Personally, I havent.

I have a blog and on occasion someone will come along that hasnt read a proper definition and will ask for me to explain/same with my website but my friends and family do not seem to care or already know from their own research.
I think the only time I have had to explain it is when I come on to a board or chatroom that isnt geared towards Satanism. Though I havent been on a forum or chatroom in years, this is my first one in about 6 years.
21-11-2012, 05:35 PM
(21-11-2012 05:20 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Here's a question for the Satanists posting in this thread:

Personally, I havent.

I have a blog and on occasion someone will come along that hasnt read a proper definition and will ask for me to explain/same with my website but my friends and family do not seem to care or already know from their own research.
I think the only time I have had to explain it is when I come on to a board or chatroom that isnt geared towards Satanism. Though I havent been on a forum or chatroom in years, this is my first one in about 6 years.

Do you feel you've had to spend a lot of energy explaining here on these forums? Do you feel there has been a high level of misconception in need of clarification?

21-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I finally figured out the answer.

It's their annual membership drive. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-11-2012, 06:23 PM
(21-11-2012 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  I finally figured out the answer.

It's their annual membership drive. Yes

I suspected as much!

21-11-2012, 06:49 PM
And GirlyMan will continue to do as GirlyMan does. 'Cause that's just what GirlyMan does.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
21-11-2012, 11:04 PM
(21-11-2012 05:35 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 05:20 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Personally, I havent.

Do you feel you've had to spend a lot of energy explaining here on these forums? Do you feel there has been a high level of misconception in need of clarification?

I dont actually, its more like Ive spent a lot of time defending my personal need for ritual and structure which is what i need so....why defend it?
and Yes there is a high level of misconceptions that needs clarification but no more than any other religion like Shadakism or even Atheism.
I think most people here understand it (what it is) but I dont think they understand the need for ritual/structure because they do not have such needs-I am not used to running into people though that not only do not understand but also cannot open their minds to people with different needs than their own-I am coming from a Unitarian Universalist position where everyone's unique spiritual paths are recognized and honored-even Satanism so I am a bit surprised to discover this from atheists but its OK, lol.
Satanists generally are against all forms of religion and are not open minded to them-even UU's and Witches are seen as the enemy in some sense of the word. Thats ok too! It not me though, at least not at the moment Smile