Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
22-11-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
(22-11-2012 09:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  From what i have seen Chas the views involve magic. Let's face it; It's already childish.

1. Ritual is NOT pointless. It helps me connect to my Inner/Deeper Self and to whatever external thing I may be trying to connect on a carnal or spiritual (Satanists dont use the word spiritual but I do) level. Ritual like any other act has meaning if it has meaning for us.
2. We've covered the childish conversation before. Having sesame street dolls around the house and treating them as if they were your children, caring for them, talking as them (or in some cases pressing buttons to make them talk) watching sesame street in the morning with them is childish, however when a patient comes into my office and says they want to get back in touch with their inner child, its one of the things i suggest they do.
What is childish may also be healthy though I do not consider working magic and ritual to be childish, I consider them to be very mature ways of working through life's problems and I would again suggest any client/patient to work ritual or magic if that was something I thought would help them connect on a deeper level with themselves or with their concept of God.
I cannot afford to judge people on their beliefs or disbeliefs, Id lose my liscense in a second if I told a client, oh you believe in God, youre stupid. Uh no. I have to go along with their belief, try to make sure that its not a serious threat to them or someone around them and help them talk out their problems and work through their issues, I have learned that there are many ways to do this and applied psychology and psychodrama are wonderful ideas and I am sorry if you cannot open your small little minds to these possibilities, I can and I make no apologizes for it.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2012, 10:13 AM
(22-11-2012 09:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I say it about music, and I'll say it here.

"new" does not necessarily mean better. The great composers of the past would be rolling in their graves if they existed anymore...
That's why I am happy they don't have to listen to my brand.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-11-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 10:41 AM by Free Thought.)
Oh yes, 'tis we who cannot open our small little minds. Scientific, provable and observable wonders of the universe be damned!

So you are telling me, your magic works, and that through ritual you can "connect" with other things, whatever that may mean. Is that right?

Would you be interested in one million dollars? I know a group who's looking for people who can prove that kind of stuff.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2012, 10:21 AM
(21-11-2012 03:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 01:46 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  How is whether Satanism is a cult or not in any way related to that? Furthermore, I would argue that Satanism is very useful. For instance, Satanism can work as self-manipulation, allowing you to control and work with your emotions and weaknesses to achieve what you want to be.
And Nonsatanists can do that as well, Satanism is not required.
Never said they couldn't. Satanism is just a particularly powerful tool for that, since it's that's what it was created for.
22-11-2012, 10:22 AM
(21-11-2012 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Here's a question for the Satanists posting in this thread:

In all the years of experience you've had being a Satanist, do you feel you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy explaining to others what Satanism is or isn't?
Some times yes. Not too much, I just haven't bothered for the most part.
22-11-2012, 10:25 AM
(22-11-2012 10:21 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 03:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And Nonsatanists can do that as well, Satanism is not required.
Never said they couldn't. Satanism is just a particularly powerful tool for that, since it's that's what it was created for.
I find that if you need to join a cult for such a thing, you can do it on your own. Group identity is all that Satanism, or any religion/cult is for.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-11-2012, 10:31 AM
(22-11-2012 10:25 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 10:21 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Never said they couldn't. Satanism is just a particularly powerful tool for that, since it's that's what it was created for.
I find that if you need to join a cult for such a thing, you can do it on your own. Group identity is all that Satanism, or any religion/cult is for.
I, for one, have joined nothing, so you might want to pull your head out of your ass for one moment and listen to what I've got to say. Of course you won't, it's much easier to make fun of something you don't understand.
22-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I disagree.

It is significantly harder the commit Reductio ad Absurdum if you have no clue what you are talking about. Otherwise it's just a Appeal to Ridicule fallacy.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2012, 10:44 AM
(22-11-2012 10:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree.

It is significantly harder the commit Reductio ad Absurdum if you have no clue what you are talking about. Otherwise it's just a Appeal to Ridicule fallacy.
...which is what you're doing. You've been implying that Satanic magick is roughly the same as making fairies out of rainbows. Satanic magick doesn't tend to have a supernatural element to it. In other words, you're beating a straw man.
22-11-2012, 10:45 AM
(22-11-2012 10:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh yes, 'tis we who cannot open our small little minds. Scientific, provable and observable wonders of the universe be damned!

So you are telling me, your magic works, and that through ritual you can "connect" with other things, whatever that may mean. Is that right?

I see what the problem is now.
You are stuck in a narrow definition of the word magic.
You seem to think that i am against science, provable and observable wonders of the Universe and Nature where I am NOT, I am very much for these things.

Magic and Ritual are APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHODRAMA. What do you not understand?

Magic does work Yes and It does connect me to MYSELF and whatever external thing I am seeking to connect with, Yes. If you read any Psychology journal you may get a better understanding of how these formulas work.