Why so much Satanism all over the forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
19-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Gee wiz, you think one black democrat wins an election and the satanists come out of the woodwork?

/sarcasm

But really, what's the deal? Each time I click "View Today's Posts", 3 or 4 of the top 10 are satanism threads. Did I miss the memo that this is now the The Thinking Satanist forum? Religion, cult, mindfuck, whatever - it's still theology. Whether Satan is a "god" or an "antichrist" or a fat elf in a red suit (oh, wait, that's an anagram for Satan), if he's worthy of "worship" as in "I worship Satan" then he's a deity and his followers are some kind of religion or cult.

So why are there so many threads, and why are they not all in the Atheism and Theism forum?

And why is everyone so interested in arguing about the least accepted and most bat-shit crazy of all "religions"?

And why did they all come out of the woodwork and get resurrected this week? Uh, oh, not another resurrection - look what damage the last one did...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
19-11-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Why so much Satanism all over the forum?
Probably some satanist forum decided to troll us today.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
19-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Why are you adding yet another Satanism thread. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 03:14 PM
But you're right about moving them, so done and done.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-11-2012, 03:56 PM
i don't know why the influx of Satanists has occurred, but it's getting very tiresome.
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
19-11-2012, 04:07 PM
(19-11-2012 03:56 PM)Julius Wrote:  i don't know why the influx of Satanists has occurred, but it's getting very tiresome.

Satanism is a form of Atheism
You will likely find us here from time to time because we have so much in common

Read my profile for why I will no longer discuss or debate Satanism.

I am here to find like minded folks and open minded folks *which does not mean being so open minded that your brain falls out but it does not mean being so close minded that you only see your view as the correct view*
Just so you know, I was brought here after 7 of my friends who are already here thought I might like it, 3 of them are Satanists (whether they post themselves as such or not, I dont know) and 3 are Witches (Yes Witches who do not believe in God) and 1 is an Atheist, an atheist who knows I am a Satanist and finds common ground with me and we get along great. I dont see the problem but I am not a fundie
19-11-2012, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 05:14 PM by Logica Humano.)
The only things we share in common is our lack of belief in an external deity.

Another fallacy of false equivocation. Read it and, yet again, you assume that because people disagree with your philosophy that they misunderstand it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
19-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Why so many santa threads???

Well it is coming up to that time of year again......

...... and the goose is getting fat Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 6 users Like bemore's post
19-11-2012, 05:47 PM
(19-11-2012 05:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The only things we share in common is our lack of belief in an external deity.

Another fallacy of false equivocation. Read it and, yet again, you assume that because people disagree with your philosophy that they misunderstand it.

lack of belief in God, lack of belief in supernaturalism, lack of belief in superstitions, embracing of medicine and science as valid ways of understanding the world, lack of respect (by this I mean-we both likely feel that religion should be done away with) for religions. Id say thats a lot in common.
And No, I assume people do not understand by their statements which paint a phony picture of what i am and do.
19-11-2012, 06:01 PM
(19-11-2012 05:47 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 05:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The only things we share in common is our lack of belief in an external deity.

lack of belief in God, lack of belief in supernaturalism, lack of belief in superstitions, embracing of medicine and science as valid ways of understanding the world, lack of respect (by this I mean-we both likely feel that religion should be done away with) for religions. Id say thats a lot in common.
And No, I assume people do not understand by their statements which paint a phony picture of what i am and do.
Wow, you don't even know what the fuck an atheist is, do you?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab