Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2011, 06:35 AM
RE: Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters
Eh. You must not be familiar with the concept of "Rick Rolling"

Tis a time honored internet tradition that I refuse to let die.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
06-09-2012, 05:03 AM
What makes theist debators especially those classified as apologists hard to defeat is they have something to lose. They make large amounts of money and are always defending religion, because that is what pays for them. Most of us atheists don't have a carrier of fleecing people riding on our ability to defend our position.
06-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I must say this, if any of you catch me arguing with unbeliever could you please link this thread. It will save me the embarassment as all my points are destroyed one by one.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
24-12-2012, 03:53 PM
As a general rule of thumb i disagree with the assertion that Atheists loose to good Theist debaters. I've watched many a debate on the subject of religion and can only think of one religious apologist who i would consider a strong debater - William Lane Craig. In almost every single other instance the Atheist almost without fail has come up trumps. Even with Craig, his arguments are actually pretty weak when one strips them down but being what one could consider a professional debates he uses lots of tricks, takes full advantage of the standard adversarial debate format and normally debates infront of audiences sympathetic to his cause. In an intellectual conversation format without time limits and moderators i seriously doubt even Craig would stand up to the better Atheist personalities because when you strip his arguments down far enough most come down eventually to opinions held on faith.

Admittedly i conduct searches looking for Atheist personalities that are good speakers and have a solid understanding of science and normally scripture and its inherent issues and contradictions. Those individuals are well placed to wipe the floor with their Theist counterparts, whereas lesser known Atheists may not be so articulate. But generally speaking having a host of evidence on your side always makes for better ammunition that superstition and bronze aged religious scripture.

"Nothing Great is Easy" - Des Renford (English Channel Swimmer)
[+] 1 user Likes Endurance Swimmer's post
24-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Reading this old thread was an odd experience.

History repeats itself much.

I would say that Vos is a strong contender as the new Unbeliever.

And what happens to atheists when they 'unregister'? Do they put down their arms against the sea of troubles?

25-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I also reread this whole thing.

I'm STILL blown away that someone using the internet has never heard of Rick Rolling.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
25-12-2012, 08:22 AM
wow... just wow. This was before my time, but as I see, same arguments even then... Still the same arguments.
And everyone who brings these arguments (always with slightly different wording of course) thinks, they are the first to have ever thought of it....
Actually kind mindblowing, isn't it?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2012, 03:34 AM
It is a shame the cowardly Christian never returned to finish his pathetic argument. It would have been much more entertaining for me to read this archive had he done so.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
26-12-2012, 12:43 PM
(26-12-2012 03:34 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It is a shame the cowardly Christian never returned to finish his pathetic argument. It would have been much more entertaining for me to read this archive had he done so.
Unfortunately, that's what peeps who argue with the legendary Unbeliever usually do. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
26-12-2012, 12:47 PM
(26-12-2012 12:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 03:34 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It is a shame the cowardly Christian never returned to finish his pathetic argument. It would have been much more entertaining for me to read this archive had he done so.
That's what usually happens to peeps like him when they get into an argument with Unbeliever. Wink

It's a shame that he's no longer around.
That's why he can make a claim like he did in the Title. He doesn't stick around to hear what the atheist has to say. He just declares himself the winner after posting his "irrefutable" argument.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Atheists vs. theists hangout Just Another Atheist 4 255 16-05-2014 12:37 AM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
Shocked Theist Parenting zachzachzachzach 9 250 24-04-2014 11:53 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  A reciprocal challenge from a theist. sporehux 9 547 09-12-2013 05:43 AM
Last Post: OddGamer
Question Advice required! Invited to speak at a debate with a theist! nooneofconsequence 7 335 05-11-2013 05:01 PM
Last Post: nooneofconsequence
  Another FB debate with theist friend Atheist_pilgrim 2 372 18-08-2013 04:32 PM
Last Post: Atheist_pilgrim
  The Chicken, the Egg and the Theist TwoCultSurvivor 25 935 23-07-2013 04:07 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm KMFDM_Kid2000 6 634 13-07-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: Dirtnapper324