Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2012, 06:59 AM
RE: Why the Atheists Always Lose to Good Theist Debaters
(25-12-2012 12:58 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I also reread this whole thing.

I'm STILL blown away that someone using the internet has never heard of Rick Rolling.

Who? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 07:09 AM
(27-12-2012 06:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 12:58 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I also reread this whole thing.

I'm STILL blown away that someone using the internet has never heard of Rick Rolling.

Who? Consider
Rick Rolling ? You know, like *the original* rolling stone.
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I think the reason why atheists lose in debates with theists is because the atheist believes logic will dislodge someone from an illogic. You can't change irrationality with rationality- in fact there has been a recent psychological study that has shown those with irrational belief systems believe in something more the more resistance accrued to the belief.

If someone doesn't want to believe in something, they won't.

I also think, more specifically- if people targeted the moral aspect, more than the technical side- you will always win. If you ask a Christian; "Is it healthy to tell a child that he/she will be tortured for eternity if they don't follow the word of god?" - they will pause for a few seconds, and really think- at least this is what I have found from my own experience
[+] 1 user Likes FZUMedia's post
28-12-2012, 08:20 AM
(27-12-2012 10:29 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I think the reason why atheists lose in debates with theists is because the atheist believes logic will dislodge someone from an illogic. You can't change irrationality with rationality- in fact there has been a recent psychological study that has shown those with irrational belief systems believe in something more the more resistance accrued to the belief.

I also think, more specifically- if people targeted the moral aspect, more than the technical side- you will always win. If you ask a Christian; "Is it healthy to tell a child that he/she will be tortured for eternity if they don't follow the word of god?" - they will pause for a few seconds, and really think- at least this is what I have found from my own experience
Sometimes you describe yourself too much.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
28-12-2012, 08:39 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjVan884b72nwcBQSl39W...IB-RAezprg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Sacred cow fully dissected. Time to BBQ.

(26-05-2010 10:10 PM)brendanIsBrendan Wrote:  He made the argum

Lurnz the Eenglysh.

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
09-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Necro!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Yes, old christian tactics.

Doubt reality, believe in beyond reality, appeal to the emotions subvert the intellect. Blah blah blah. I have heard it 90 billion times already in many different arguments.

The truth is in debates those who have already chosen their sides will claim their side has won.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
09-08-2013, 10:33 PM
(27-12-2012 10:29 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I think the reason why atheists lose in debates with theists is because the atheist believes logic will dislodge someone from an illogic. You can't change irrationality with rationality- in fact there has been a recent psychological study that has shown those with irrational belief systems believe in something more the more resistance accrued to the belief.

I think that is true and it is my practical experience too.
I sat with a fundy theist for 6 hours and tried to get him to
read the bible as it is meant to be read and he held on
to the biased teaching he had learned at courses the christians had.

The text I referred to clearly showed that these people was literal characters in a story and symbols and not something that had happen
in reality. He refused to even think that was possible. To him that woman
was no literal symbol she where as real as him and me there talking.

I pointed to an old text in Old Testament that supported she was a symbol and he refused to read that part. He wanted to keep his irrational faith that the text was literally true.

Sadly such impress others having same need so
these people see the theist as winner because them have
emotional appeal while the atheist have logical appeal only to atheists.