Why the Bible states that the value of Pi = 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: Why the Bible states that the value of Pi = 3
(07-01-2017 07:28 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I would think projects such as pyramid building, will have all kinds of things that require some amount of precision, a value of 3 as pi isn't going to work.

They didn't use Pi to build the pyramids. And you've misquoted your information. The idea that Pi was intentionally associated with the slope of the Great Pyramid (and only that pyramid) by the architects was suggested in the 1800's, and did gain wide support, but there are other explanations as to why you get a close approximation of Pi from this design that has nothing to do with circles or knowing the value for Pi. I suggest reading this.

In terms of precision, yes of course they needed good precision to build the pyramids without ending up with an irregular polygon, which did sometimes happen. However, it has been shown that this could be achieved through relatively simple labour-intensive means rather than by calculations. People have been building perfectly straight brick walls for millennia as well without needing to do any calculations as well.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post
07-01-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: Why the Bible states that the value of Pi = 3
Setting Pi aside, the bible does list bats in with the fowl and insects as having four legs. I don't know how bible believers get around this but I suspect they have some convoluted way to explain it. One theist claimed that insects front legs were not really legs but more like arms. Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply