Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built
(16-06-2017 05:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Terrorism is a point of view. As I said in my scenario, it would take something majorly stupid to push it to that point. Something so big that it affects the conservative way of life and that the action is considered so un-American that the only option will be force. Something like a gun ban or something to do with perceived threat of religious freedom. Conservatives would consider those actions as a violation of inalienable rights and fight.

Hey dipshit, we already figured this out once before. You don't get to rebel and call yourselves Americans. We literally fought a war over this, and the people towing your intellectual bullshit lost that war.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2017, 12:05 AM
(16-06-2017 10:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not really. I've come to the conclusion that most conservative types have realized that the demographic game is lost. The democrats have won that battle. Most conservatives I know, and from what I've seen on other forums, social media etc, is that they all know its just a matter of time before they will have to fight to take the country back. We have a Republican congress and president, and a 5-4 conservative majority on the supreme court, and gun sales are still breaking records. Ammo is still being sold at record pace.

I fear that one side thinks the battle for America will be fought only with votes. Surely the other side is preparing for a different kind of fight. I have said it many times on this forum. One day soon the democrats will have the numbers to win a majority across the country. And they will do something stupid with that majority. Something that pushes the red blooded patriot American over the line. I hope it happens after I'm dead and gone. But if you pay attention to what conservatives are really saying, and watch their actions behind the scenes, you'll see what I'm saying is true.

Lets take a look at that Supreme Court. Gorsuch is a a smart man, but his judicial philosophy is fucked and far from anything mainstream. The mainstream view of jurisprudence relies upon precedent, and is relatively slow to change, and acts as a moderating force. But as for Gorsuch and the other Originalists go, that doesn't matter. Whenever it suits them, they wildly depart from precedent, provided they think they can put their opinions into the mouth's of the Founding Fathers. Gorsch is a ventriloquist, and the more shocking and unprecedented changes he and other Oringalists make to jurisprudence, the easier it will be for a liberally minded ventriloquist to come around later and likewise swing things drastically back. My problem isn't that he's conservative, it's that Originalism has no place on the Supreme Court. The damage he can do to jurisprudence will have a lasting effect that will be far more damaging than just having another conservative, and will open the door to the very boogeyman of 'liberal overreach' that the conservative are so afraid of. The appointment of Gorsush is a literal 'own goal' that will play out long after most who put him on the bench are dead and gone. Because who are the Republicans if not the party of passing the fucking buck to the next generation, because fuck them, right?

17-06-2017, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 09:55 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(16-06-2017 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 05:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Terrorism is a point of view. As I said in my scenario, it would take something majorly stupid to push it to that point. Something so big that it affects the conservative way of life and that the action is considered so un-American that the only option will be force. Something like a gun ban or something to do with perceived threat of religious freedom. Conservatives would consider those actions as a violation of inalienable rights and fight.

Hey dipshit, we already figured this out once before. You don't get to rebel and call yourselves Americans. We literally fought a war over this, and the people towing your intellectual bullshit lost that war.

The difference will be that next time, it will be one side (the Americans) kicking the other side out (the anti-Americans). One side has 90% of the guns and makes up the majority of police and military, while the other side is made up of safe space needing pot heads. It's actually hilarious that a group of adults that needed therapy dogs and coloring books after the election results are the potential combatants in this scenario.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-06-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 11:02 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hey dipshit, we already figured this out once before. You don't get to rebel and call yourselves Americans. We literally fought a war over this, and the people towing your intellectual bullshit lost that war.

The difference will be that next time, it will be one side (the Americans) kicking the other side out (the anti-Americans). One side has 90% of the guns and makes up the majority of police and military, while the other side is made up of safe space needing pot heads. It's actually hilarious that a group of adults that needed therapy dogs and coloring books after the election results are the potential combatants in this scenario.

I'll tell you one thing, you piece of human garbage. Anyone who turns a gun on those who need therapy dogs on account of their own inability to sort shit out like an adult, doesn't get to claim the label of 'American'. Or else 'American' will simply forever be associated with impotent man-children who need guns and violence to compensate for their lack of literally everything else; including but no limited to interpersonal communication, empathy, compromise, maturity, and generally acting like anything but a petulant child.

So yeah, go be a gun-toting snowflake shooting traitor. Just know that's what you are, a traitor. But more than that, a coward. The brave ones will be the people opposing you, without weapons or violence.

You know, like these American patriots.

[Image: dr-martin-luther-king-jr-leads-5-day-mar...1-1965.jpg]

That's what courage looks like. Not that you'd know.

Now run off and hide in your bunker next to your stockpile of guns and ammo, pussy.

[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2017, 11:01 AM
(17-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  One side has 90% of the guns and makes up the majority of police and military, while the other side is made up of safe space needing pot heads.

Might makes right! Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
17-06-2017, 11:20 AM
In October 1989, hundreds of thousands (even millions) of eastern germans went out to the streets and shouted "wir sind das Volk" (we are "the people). Not a single one of them had a gun, unlike all the Vopos (Volkspolizei) and military units who were intended (if Mielke would have been 1 rank higher in the political hierarchy) to mow down the protesters, arrest them, torture them, throw them into dungeons so that they would, at best, reappear in many, many years.

Its easy to pick up a weapon and take someone elses life, its much much harder to put your own life on the stake for what you believe. Thats why i think that what these people have done in 1989 was the bravest thing any German did after 1945.

Hint: The chinese guy with the biggest balls is not sitting in any of the tanks.
[Image: original__880x580__desktop]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
17-06-2017, 11:24 AM
(17-06-2017 10:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The difference will be that next time, it will be one side (the Americans) kicking the other side out (the anti-Americans). One side has 90% of the guns and makes up the majority of police and military, while the other side is made up of safe space needing pot heads. It's actually hilarious that a group of adults that needed therapy dogs and coloring books after the election results are the potential combatants in this scenario.

I'll tell you one thing, you piece of human garbage. Anyone who turns a gun on those who need therapy dogs on account of their own inability to sort shit out like an adult, doesn't get to claim the label of 'American'. Or else 'American' will simply forever be associated with impotent man-children who need guns and violence to compensate for their lack of literally everything else; including but no limited to interpersonal communication, empathy, compromise, maturity, and generally acting like anything but a petulant child.

So yeah, go be a gun-toting snowflake shooting traitor. Just know that's what you are, a traitor. But more than that, a coward. The brave ones will be the people opposing you, without weapons or violence.

Now run off and hide in your bunker next to your stockpile of guns and ammo, pussy.

I'm sure that violence won't have to happen. In the scenario we are talking about, democrats become the majority across all levels of government and use that majority to implement Australian/European style gun control.

The gun owners make a statement through the NRA that they will never comply, and any police or military that attempts to implement the law are traitors to the constitution, as are the democrats that passed the law.

I imagine it would be a swift removal of power. Perhaps a constitutional convention where the people with the guns dictate the new terms. Pro-gun military forces and police forces would keep things under control. A few rock throwing protesters might flare up and a few with guns like the guy that shot up the GOP baseball practice but they will be handled fairly easily. Liberal policies will be strictly prohibited in the new constitution. Conservative policies will be ratified.

The golden rule: He who hath the guns shall make the rules.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-06-2017, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 11:40 AM by Szuchow.)
(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 10:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'll tell you one thing, you piece of human garbage. Anyone who turns a gun on those who need therapy dogs on account of their own inability to sort shit out like an adult, doesn't get to claim the label of 'American'. Or else 'American' will simply forever be associated with impotent man-children who need guns and violence to compensate for their lack of literally everything else; including but no limited to interpersonal communication, empathy, compromise, maturity, and generally acting like anything but a petulant child.

I'm sure that violence won't have to happen. In the scenario we are talking about, democrats become the majority across all levels of government and use that majority to implement Australian/European style gun control.

The gun owners make a statement through the NRA that they will never comply, and any police or military that attempts to implement the law are traitors to the constitution, as are the democrats that passed the law.

I imagine it would be a swift removal of power. Perhaps a constitutional convention where the people with the guns dictate the new terms. Pro-gun military forces and police forces would keep things under control. A few rock throwing protesters might flare up and a few with guns like the guy that shot up the GOP baseball practice but they will be handled fairly easily. Liberal policies will be strictly prohibited in the new constitution. Conservative policies will be ratified.

The golden rule: He who hath the guns shall make the rules.

Your storytelling skills lack as much as your command of the facts.

Ever heard of Velvet Revolution or similar event in Poland? ETA: Those who had the guns weren't able to prevail.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-06-2017, 11:41 AM
The problem with that is that "liberal" and "conservative" are relative terms. If no liberal policies are allowed, then women and blacks are no longer allowed to vote. Those were after all at one time, "liberal" ideas. But today they're just, normal.
Also, liberal/conservative and Democrat/Republican aren't black/white. There's a whole spectrum along the way. I identify as a moderate independent. Or, using the alignment grid in politics, I would be true neutral with a neutral good leaning.
Plus, most of the western developed world laughs at us when we called Hillary a liberal. To them she was at best a left leaning centrist, and Trump wasn't conservative, he was a right wing extremist.

Oh, and extremists ruling by guns and fear? There are countries that do that already, namely North Korea and any country under ISIS control.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
17-06-2017, 11:54 AM
@Lord Dark Helmet

Yor narrative seem to revolve around the fact that pro-gun Americans love their guns more than they value the lives of other human beings and potentially their own. I posite that most pro-gun Americans would never die or accept to be killed, imprisonned or theatened for the sake of their weapons. The Australian program didn't face any sort of armed opposition despite the threats of its own pro-gun organisation and many of its proponents. In fact, today, the gun laws are more popular than they were before and even people who claimed they would never accept such laws have come ot term with them. Let's face it, a person ready to kill another for a possession that is in no way essential to his survival, prosperity and hapiness is a very disturbed person.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post