Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built
(17-06-2017 11:54 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Lord Dark Helmet

Yor narrative seem to revolve around the fact that pro-gun Americans love their guns more than they value the lives of other human beings and potentially their own. I posite that most pro-gun Americans would never die or accept to be killed, imprisonned or theatened for the sake of their weapons. The Australian program didn't face any sort of armed opposition despite the threats of its own pro-gun organisation and many of its proponents. In fact, today, the gun laws are more popular than they were before and even people who claimed they would never accept such laws have come ot term with them. Let's face it, a person ready to kill another for a possession that is in no way essential to his survival, prosperity and hapiness is a very disturbed person.

In Australia, guns were not a constitutional right. It's just different in America. For a gun owner in America, banning guns would meet with the same resistance as the removal of any of the other rights. The constitutional right to bear arms is no less important to the gun owner than the right to free speech or religion. In fact, to the American gun owner, the 2nd amendment protects the other amendments, as our belief is that the government would never dare attack the other amendments for fear of the 2nd amendment.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Not sure where you live, but I've only ever had to consider exercising my 2nd amendment right against fellow citizens, never the government. Maybe it's your local government that's fucked up.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
17-06-2017, 12:08 PM
My opinion is that even though a lot of the campaign promises made by candidates, on both sides, are complete bullshit promises thrown out there in order to garner votes, some promises are things they actually believe in and want to accomplish. But once in office, reality sets in, and for factors they never considered before, and informed advise given, or current events, they back off those promises. Obama, for one example, promised the closure of Guantanamo Bay. I think he was sincere and genuine in that promise. But here we are, almost a decade later, and the joint is still open. Not wanting to pick on Obama, but that's just one of many examples that both parties fall victim to. But, in Trump's case, I think the guy is delusional.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
17-06-2017, 12:22 PM
(16-06-2017 08:46 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "build a wall" was the most idiotic, grandiose piece of stupidity to come down the pike in decades. What's pathetic is that so many people bought it, hook line and brick.

"Just say no" gives it a run for its money.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-06-2017, 01:22 PM
(17-06-2017 12:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Just say no" gives it a run for its money.....
Yeah, I'm old enough too to remember than line of crap.
Although, if Sessions gets his way it might make a come back. Retro T-shirt companies might do well to get ahead of the curve on this. Tongue

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
17-06-2017, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 02:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm sure that violence won't have to happen. In the scenario we are talking about, democrats become the majority across all levels of government and use that majority to implement Australian/European style gun control.

Well, then so much for that Supreme Court, huh? What did packing it full of Originalist ventriloquists get you then? If Gorsuch shoving his fist up the ass of a George Washington puppet in an effort to add undeserved legitimacy to his own opinions isn't going to save you, then why even bother?

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The gun owners make a statement through the NRA that they will never comply, and any police or military that attempts to implement the law are traitors to the constitution, as are the democrats that passed the law.

Oh, the NRA? Lapdog of the firearm manufacturers, who stood with the money makers over the vast majority of their own rank and file members, even after events like Sandy Hook swung gun owner public opinion far in the other direction? That worthless excuse of an organization masquerading as a public advocacy group? Those spineless cunts?

What makes you think the NRA has your back? They don't, they serve the ones ones who pay them, the weapon manufactures. They don't care about you, they don't care about what you want. They only care about towing the company line of those concerned with their bottom line, fuck everyone else (yourself included). That mantra appears to be a recurring theme, no?

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I imagine it would be a swift removal of power.

How well did that work out last time?

American Civil War: April 12, 1861 – May 9, 1865

Right, over 4 years. Plus, nobody removed Lincoln from power.

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Perhaps a constitutional convention where the people with the guns dictate the new terms.

Can't be assed to participate in a convention to say, reverse the Citizen United decision and help get money out of politics. But you'll start a rebellion over what? A national firearm registry? Limiting the amount ammunition you can purchase? Maybe not letting you have double stacked extended pistol magazines?

Go fuck yourself. Once again, 'I got mine, fuck everyone else' is your modus opernadi. Can't be bothered to fix the system, but you'll turn traitor with little provocation. Who do you think you are to go around calling others un-American? You're the poster child for how fucked this country is, why the rest of the world sees us as little more than a petulant playground bully.

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Pro-gun military forces and police forces would keep things under control.

No, traitorous military and police forces would just add more fuel to the fire.

Once again dipshit, we quite literally already fought a war over this.

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A few rock throwing protesters might flare up and a few with guns like the guy that shot up the GOP baseball practice but they will be handled fairly easily. Liberal policies will be strictly prohibited in the new constitution. Conservative policies will be ratified.

It's shit like this that almost makes me want to see Escape from New York become a reality, except we throw all of the traitorous libertarian gun-felating fuckwits onto Manhattan and let them Ayan Rand themselves into a Mad Max dystopia and leave the rest of the nation the hell alone. I'm sure your 'I got mine' attitude would only last as long as you had bullets, and you wouldn't be such hot shit trapped on an island with other might-makes-right assholes who likewise have guns and no compulsion against using them. When Battle Royale comes around, I'm not betting on you.

(17-06-2017 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The golden rule: He who hath the guns shall make the rules.

Well, right now that's the military. One hopes that if those serving in the military really are such hot shit, that they'll remember their oaths and, I don't know, not betray the very republic they've sworn to serve and protect? That they're smart enough to realize that you handle civil disputes civilly? That they recognize that their power and authority is subservient to civil authority, hence why the civilian President is the Commander in Chief? That if such measures were able to come even close to passing, they could only do so with overwhelming public support (cause that's what you'd need for an Amendment, let alone one that went against the economic interests of the military-industrial complex), critically undermining the very foundations of the rebellion you are currently masturbating to?

Of course you didn't, that'd take too much thought.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2017, 02:15 AM
That last post of LDH was so insanely stupid that i can only conclude he is trolling now. Not even he himself tool such extremist and insane positions in the past.

However funny he thinks he is, i dont think its funny at all, since the nonsense he posted is actually very believable to be the position of actual people and that is indeed, as EK said, one of the core problems of the current US society.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
18-06-2017, 05:53 AM
(18-06-2017 02:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  That last post of LDH was so insanely stupid that i can only conclude he is trolling now. Not even he himself tool such extremist and insane positions in the past.

However funny he thinks he is, i dont think its funny at all, since the nonsense he posted is actually very believable to be the position of actual people and that is indeed, as EK said, one of the core problems of the current US society.

I think it's trolling to the extent that he doesn't "mean" it...his comments are intended to make anyone who isn't a conservative feel fearful, or at least nervous. Attempted terrorism, but inept. I agree it's not funny.
18-06-2017, 06:06 AM
(16-06-2017 08:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Having had the unfortunate experience of being ensnared in concertina wire, how come nobody's talking about using that? 100 feet deep of that would be cheap and effective and easy enough to identify and repair breaches.

It's effectiveness is dependent on human support. Its great at stopping vehicles or forcing troops to slow their advance and abandon cover long enough to get shot out in the open, and it is indeed cheap and fast to lay down. But without armed people covering it, getting over it is as simple as laying down a 2x4 and walking across.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-06-2017, 10:31 AM
(18-06-2017 06:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 08:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Having had the unfortunate experience of being ensnared in concertina wire, how come nobody's talking about using that? 100 feet deep of that would be cheap and effective and easy enough to identify and repair breaches.

It's effectiveness is dependent on human support. Its great at stopping vehicles or forcing troops to slow their advance and abandon cover long enough to get shot out in the open, and it is indeed cheap and fast to lay down. But without armed people covering it, getting over it is as simple as laying down a 2x4 and walking across.

Yes, but a wall of concertina would be easy to find - just look for circling buzzards and follow the smell of decay - at least in the areas north of the Rio Grande. The desert is filled with wildlife - deer, foxes, wild pigs, among a host of others - that depend on the river for water. So it would be die of thirst or die tangled in the wire. Not that Donald Trump would understand that. I'm sure the only thing he knows about ecosystems is that they need to be bulldozed to build golf courses and parking lots.

There has been extensive electronic surveillance along the border since at least the 70's, and it is a lot more effective than most people realize. The problem is that Coyotes (the human-trafficking kind) vary their crossing points. They can be picked up on surveillance, but the nearest border patrol may be more than an hour away - time to move people away from the border and hide their routes. More people and transportation would be a much more effective use for money than a wall.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post