Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: Why the Trump Wall Will Probably Never Be Built
(18-06-2017 10:31 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  The desert is filled with wildlife - deer, foxes, wild pigs, among a host of others - that depend on the river for water.

More people and transportation would be a much more effective use for money than a wall.

Which are other good reasons why the wall will never be built. Not all the people in Washington DC are as uninformed at Trump and his supporters.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
18-06-2017, 11:56 AM
[Image: tingle-1000x667.jpg]

[Image: ecuador-quito-red-and-white-plane-flying...bh7xr3.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
18-06-2017, 12:56 PM
(17-06-2017 12:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  In Australia, guns were not a constitutional right. It's just different in America. For a gun owner in America, banning guns would meet with the same resistance as the removal of any of the other rights. The constitutional right to bear arms is no less important to the gun owner than the right to free speech or religion. In fact, to the American gun owner, the 2nd amendment protects the other amendments, as our belief is that the government would never dare attack the other amendments for fear of the 2nd amendment.

Nothing like a conversation about walls. For someone to bring up guns.

A question I usually bring up to people that like to flap their guns about their 2nd amendment right is "how many amendments do we have? What do they say?" Most if not all say 10 or shrug their shoulders. It's almost disturbing to be that everyone knows if their 2nd amendment right is being threatened but not let's say the the first. Most Trump supporters don't seem to care that the freedom of the press amendment is being threaten so long as they don't take their guns. It also pisses me off when freedom of speech is being abolished by the lefty's.

All 27 amendments: http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/education/all_a...sconst.htm

So let's look closer at the 2nd amendment.

First written in 1789 back when guns were flint and gun powder

[Image: Pistol,%20Duelling,%20Thomas%20Ketland_f..._870-2.jpg]

[Image: kentucky-long-rifle.jpg]

Quote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In the 200+ years this amendment has been around no laws have ever been passed or implied to ban guns. Passed and Implied for regulation but not banning. It takes people classes and test to get the 4 wheel death machines we drive in a few times a day then it dose to get the death machine i can fit in my pocket.

I am not against guns. I've done skeet shooting, gun ranges and killed animals with them. All after my father, or trainer took the time to make sure i we aware of the safe precautions to wield it. But these are not always the case in the US in many states you can just walk into a gun show and walk out with a rifle. No license to wield. No mental evaluation

Much like the amendment implies a militia that is well regulated. Having training and working propeller. If their should a narcissistic dictator who controls the military try to take charge. The people could be able to band together to fight back.

But if you think Joe the plumber has any chance against the US marines. Good luck to him.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin