Why the Zerg sucks: a Starcraft 2 rant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 05:30 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Why the Zerg sucks: a Starcraft 2 rant.
(13-04-2012 12:01 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I watched all Day9 vids, as well as all HuskyStarcraft, Idra, HDStarcraft, Spanishiwa, and Apollo's entire series of "From Bronze to Platinum" and Zerg training vids. I've probably spent 10 times more time learning and watching vids than actually playing. But the results are usually the same.

I'm tired of sacrificing a worker every time I make a new building and walking like a zombie with bad knees whenever I step off creep. I'm going Protoss. Don't try and stop me.
If you don't want to do the work to be a Zerg player and strategist, then don't be one. Protoss is, ultimately, the best macro race in the game, which is probably your play style. The reason most AMERICANS play Terran or Protoss is because they do not have the insane management skills that the Korean players do. Go on a Korean server and your ass will be handed to you by a simple Zergling micro.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Well, everyone has a race they prefer. Perhaps try another one Smile Report back with why you prefer more on another one. I am not going to say one race is better than all of them. But some definitely suit other play styles more than others.
17-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I'm sticking with Toss for the time being. With Zerg, I had to struggle with Medium computer AI, then work my way slowly up. With Toss, I steamrolled until I got to Very Hard. Tried it on some ladder matches and DT warped my way into some enemy mineral patches ftw. Non-Terran (damn scan) usually panic and try to pop up detection before they are ruined. And when they mayhem is fixed, I usually have a sizable army knocking at their front door. Whereas with Zerg, I would just mass units and throw them haphazardly in the enemy's direction.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
17-04-2012, 01:17 AM
One of the funniest drops I ever saw for harassment was a colossi drop (yeah really). A few seconds of micro with a colossus in a mineral patch will make anyone cry. Then pick it up and RUUUUUUN. Was good lol'z.
17-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Using Protoss, wait until the 9 minute mark, use halluncination and give the appearance that you went mass-void, and then go mass stalker. XD

To be honest, you are waiting too late if your opponents are defeating you with the units you say they are using. If they are turning your pressure away, you are doing something wrong. Don't just watch the pros play. Watch how your opponents play and base your strategies off of that. Pro Starcraft players play very differently from the "good" players in Platinum and Diamond.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-04-2012, 10:12 AM
(17-04-2012 04:30 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Using Protoss, wait until the 9 minute mark, use halluncination and give the appearance that you went mass-void, and then go mass stalker. XD

I'm sorry, you brought this up so I'm obligated to post this video.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana