Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?
Seriously? why?

You are not allowed to make love, get married, have a LIFE, nor are you allowed to do many other fucking things that bring people happiness, joy, excitement, and fulfillment in their lives.

Why the hell would anyone willingly subject themselves to ruining their lives and willingly throwing away their happiness like that?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?
(18-03-2015 03:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Seriously? why?

You are not allowed to make love, get married, have a LIFE, nor are you allowed to do many other fucking things that bring people happiness, joy, excitement, and fulfillment in their lives.

Why the hell would anyone willingly subject themselves to ruining their lives and willingly throwing away their happiness like that?

"Suffer the little children to come unto me." Drinking Beverage

Luke 18:16
Matthew 19:14
Mark 10:14

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2015, 04:04 PM
A friend of mine wanted to be a priest as a last resort because he likes history and believes churches have more complete records than other places.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
18-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Different people, different tastes I guess.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
18-03-2015, 04:11 PM
(18-03-2015 03:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Seriously? why?

Do you think people with priesthood ambitions are ever motivated by legitimately positive ideas?

I see your point when it comes to giving up some of the best things in life. I know that it would certainly ruin my life if I couldn't have sex.

Your question reminds me of something Anton Szandor Lavey said about Christianity. He believed that some people need masochism in their lives to be fulfilled, because without sacrifice and self abuse they do not feel fulfillment. For example, isn't it true that a person who sacrifices their sexuality for god might feel a sense of pious fulfillment? Isn't it possible to achieve a certain satisfaction from one's own investment?

Cool topic, interesting question.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
18-03-2015, 04:19 PM
No clue.

Though, one of my friends has a relative who just became a priest. I didn't know (seriously) whether to offer congratulations or regrets.

His mother, I've heard isn't happy. How times have changed. Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2015, 04:28 PM
I think the title of the thread should be, Why the fuck would anyone not want to fuck?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-03-2015, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 04:33 PM by Anjele.)
I grew up in a heavily Catholic area with churches, convents, Catholic schools, a seminary, and a monastery in a pretty small geographic area. Lots of people of German and/or Irish ancestry. Lots of families had lots of kids...like crazy numbers of children. It was almost expected and was considered quite an honor on the family for one or more of the children to enter the clergy. I think that some kids were groomed for just that.

The farm families had a lot of kids and therefore hands to help and someone to leave the farm to in the future. One or two of the other kids were guided to the priesthood or the convent. Many were also groomed to be active as teachers in the Catholic schools if a life in the clergy was a step too far for them.

I don't know what the drive is today, but when I was growing up that's how things were around my hometown. I recall classmates that I already thought of as clergy because that's the path they were on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-03-2015, 05:17 PM
I can't imagine women wanting to become nuns either. I could see it hundreds of years ago because there wasn't much else for a women to do. But today? Wow.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-03-2015, 05:23 PM
(18-03-2015 05:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can't imagine women wanting to become nuns either. I could see it hundreds of years ago because there wasn't much else for a women to do. But today? Wow.

Many nuns were teachers or nurses.

I had my son in a Catholic hospital and they wouldn't allow me to have my tubes tied there. I was to go to the doctor's office to have it done but the delivery was pretty rough so I put if off for six months. Crazy that the hospital would have allowed me to check out and back in knowing what I was going to do. They would have had to have taken care of me after I returned...so they were willing to be a part of it but not allow it under their roof. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post