Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?
(18-03-2015 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 06:58 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I cant really comment since I have never felt drawn to the priesthood, but it wasn't too long ago that single life was quite common. Up until the 30's many doctorate holders were single people. That level of study often required commitment and pay that could not support a family. If your dedicated enough to your vocation then other vocations don't really call to you. I know that my entire being seems to be directed towards married life and so I don't worry about becoming a priest.

Also if I recall priests have one of the highest job satisfaction ratings. They don't give up their happiness anymore than someone does when they get married. Priesthood would actually have some advantages over married life. There is hardly any stress, there is more freedom. if you want to take a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. you don't have any dependants. All your needs are cared for. Sounds like a pretty good gig if you ask me.

The priests in my hometown lived in the rectory that was attached to the Basilica. It was a NICE place! It was huge! Often only one priest lived there at a time. Housekeeping and cooking were taken care of. They drove nice cars and played a lot of golf - of course they weren't buying their own drinks or dinner when out and about.

But it couldn't have been all sunshine and roses. My dad even remembered finding empty liquor bottles that the priests at the time dropped out their window onto the yard below. Sounds like a lot of drinking alone and an expectation of near perfection and being at the beck and call of everyone in the parish. Over the years there were several drunk driving charges and rehab stints...all that glitters is not gold. Obviously, living like a prince had/has it's price.

Hmm, ours had a nice place too, and a housekeeper. Turned out he was sleeping with the housekeeper - or at least that is what the word in the streets was.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I'd probably become an alcoholic if I were to live a life of celibacy - it's about all I think about when I'm not getting it regularly. I just couldn't do it. Sex is one of the greatest pleasures of adulthood. If I were a nun, you'd probably catch me sneaking out of the priests' quarters in the morning trying not to get caught doing the walk of shame.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
18-03-2015, 07:34 PM
(18-03-2015 07:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For the exact same reason why a grown man would want to put on shorts and a kerchief and go camping on his day off with a bunch of young guys in a tent out in the wilderness..... (Think "Boy Scouts")

Suuuree -- nothing wrong there, huh????

Think about this one folks --- would you allow your DAUGHTER to go hang out with some guy all weekend in a tent??? Why not??? He's an upstanding guy - and he's NOT gay!!!! So WHY THE FUCK do they assume it's OK to send their sons out with freaks like this?????????????????

The stupidity and gullibility of people never fails to astound me....

Think about it for a second....

WHY would a guy want to live in close proximity to other guys who aren't getting any sex from women??????

Do we have to draw you a fucking picture???????

I'm living with 9 other guys who aren't getting any sex and its attached to another house with 10 guys who aren't getting any sex. It's actually pretty damn good.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
18-03-2015, 07:39 PM
(18-03-2015 07:34 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:20 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For the exact same reason why a grown man would want to put on shorts and a kerchief and go camping on his day off with a bunch of young guys in a tent out in the wilderness..... (Think "Boy Scouts")

Suuuree -- nothing wrong there, huh????

Think about this one folks --- would you allow your DAUGHTER to go hang out with some guy all weekend in a tent??? Why not??? He's an upstanding guy - and he's NOT gay!!!! So WHY THE FUCK do they assume it's OK to send their sons out with freaks like this?????????????????

The stupidity and gullibility of people never fails to astound me....

Think about it for a second....

WHY would a guy want to live in close proximity to other guys who aren't getting any sex from women??????

Do we have to draw you a fucking picture???????

I'm living with 9 other guys who aren't getting any sex and its attached to another house with 10 guys who aren't getting any sex. It's actually pretty damn good.

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why are there 20 men living together and none of them are getting laid?

I've lived in all girl dormitories (80 women my freshman year of college, 150ish my sophomore), but we all did our fair share of sneaking in guys or waking up in a guy's bed.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
18-03-2015, 07:50 PM
(18-03-2015 07:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:34 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I'm living with 9 other guys who aren't getting any sex and its attached to another house with 10 guys who aren't getting any sex. It's actually pretty damn good.

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why are there 20 men living together and none of them are getting laid?

I've lived in all girl dormitories (80 women my freshman year of college, 150ish my sophomore), but we all did our fair share of sneaking in guys or waking up in a guy's bed.

Basically its a private Catholic school and even if the couples that existed wanted to have premarital sex, no one would vouch for them so you would definitly get caught. (Although there has been sex at my college, just not in the 3 years I've been here).

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
18-03-2015, 08:05 PM
(18-03-2015 07:32 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'd probably become an alcoholic if I were to live a life of celibacy - it's about all I think about when I'm not getting it regularly. I just couldn't do it. Sex is one of the greatest pleasures of adulthood. If I were a nun, you'd probably catch me sneaking out of the priests' quarters in the morning trying not to get caught doing the walk of shame.

Celibacy is a forced choice for me.

Nothing female ever wantz anythings to ever do with meh, I make the choice of NOT paying for a prostitute, and I haz no social or opposite gender communication skills to be able to even give me da time o' day.

So, really, me more than anyone can not understand why ANYONE would want to live like this... Weeping

Its just.....it sucks!

Plus, there are all those other religiously rules and what nots that take a lot of the other fun out of life too!

..seriously.....life being ignored by the opposite gender is terrible. It feels like the most terrible thing ever. I tried online dating, only to have the website auto eject me from the website itself with a "there is no one out there for you" page and tells me good luck and rejected me from signing up. Four other places everyone ignored me completely.....blah.....Whoever would choose to be like this is a moron.

Dodgy

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-03-2015, 08:07 PM
(18-03-2015 07:50 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why are there 20 men living together and none of them are getting laid?

Basically its a private Catholic school and even if the couples that existed wanted to have premarital sex, no one would vouch for them so you would definitly get caught. (Although there has been sex at my college, just not in the 3 years I've been here).

Dude. There's some hanky panky going on behind the scenes. Guarantee it.

When you hear your roommate saying "Oh God, Mary", it's cause sweet Mary down the hall is on her knees, it's not Til after that your roommate is on his knees saying Hail Marys in repentance.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
18-03-2015, 08:12 PM
(18-03-2015 07:50 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why are there 20 men living together and none of them are getting laid?

If you don't think there is sex going on at college, you are truly delusional. The fact that it isn't talked about means nothing. You may not be having sex but someone there is.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-03-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 08:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-03-2015 03:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Seriously? why?

You are not allowed to make love, get married, have a LIFE, nor are you allowed to do many other fucking things that bring people happiness, joy, excitement, and fulfillment in their lives.

Why the hell would anyone willingly subject themselves to ruining their lives and willingly throwing away their happiness like that?

Because they're acculturated into a very small sub-culture, and they're addicted to the beta-endorphins that praying and being a part of that culture produce in their brains. You want to be accepted and you *think* you're taking the "high road". It's for the same reasons as why anyone would join and be a member of any group.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-03-2015, 09:17 PM
(18-03-2015 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 07:50 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Basically its a private Catholic school and even if the couples that existed wanted to have premarital sex, no one would vouch for them so you would definitly get caught. (Although there has been sex at my college, just not in the 3 years I've been here).

If you don't think there is sex going on at college, you are truly delusional. The fact that it isn't talked about means nothing. You may not be having sex but someone there is.

I think there are 81 students in my college. I know everyone by name. I can very confidently say that no student is having sex with another. The only student I would have suspected is now doing a transfer program. Considering most of the couples havn't even kissed despite going out for several months should tell you the culture of my school.

- my friend Marc