Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Why the fuck would anyone want to be a priest?
(19-03-2015 03:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 12:08 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  For many beer and wine are just drinks. For me it's a form of giving thanks to God.

Nope. For you, wine is a form of cannibalism. Weeping

All your high highfalutin BS about sex being "spiritual" is just crap from someone who knows NOTHING about what he's talking about. Facepalm

I didn't mean in mass. I find smoking a pipe or drinking a pint to be almost a form of prayer. Why would sex be different.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2015, 04:35 PM
*sigh*

Sex is normal and healthy. It's ok to have those feelings. On one hand - it's just sex. On the other - oh gawd yes, it's sex. (commence toe curling) And it can be had in sooo many positions with varying levels of emotion and varying levels of kink. (No one wants to do missionary their whole life, hell no one wants to do missionary for one entire session)

Yes. Sex is better than masturbation. How much better depends on the partner, experience, each other's mood, etc. Sometimes it's mind blowing, sometimes it's just a release. Kinda like kissing - sometimes it's just a playful peck, sometimes it takes your breath away and you don't want it to stop (and when it doesn't stop it leads to great, passionate sex - yay).

Two inexperienced persons figuring out sex together usually works pretty well, cause you're both still figuring out the basics, like getting the penis in the hole and not letting it slide on to the gooch or climax control (no one wants a three minute session - unless all you've got is 3 minutes and it's rough and hard up against the wall).

One of my biggest disgruntlements with the Christian faith is how it takes sex and twists it into something that is full of guilt feelings and judgement. Like it's only ok to even want to have sex with a particular person once you've exchanged rings.

What I find *really* screwed up is the Catholic Church has celibate nuns and priests giving out sex and marriage advice. Right. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
19-03-2015, 04:41 PM
(19-03-2015 08:52 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've heard-tell that when a Catholic couple gets married the priest sits them down and gives some sort of marriage advice. Dodgy

Facepalm

Not after, actually before...pre cana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Cana

They actually get to decide if you can or cannot marry in the church. I wasn't allowed to marry my first husband in the church that also refused to baptize my daughter...ummm...buh bye.

My mom had to say that she would raise us kids as Catholics in order to marry my dad. Scariest thing about that is not that she was a (gasp) Methodist, but that she was 16 years old - and NOT pregnant.

I think Girly went through the same sort of thing when he and Manly got married.

Our senior year of high school we HAD to take a class that was called 'Towards Marriage'. Yeah, that was useful. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Catholic priest? Idk!

There are other kinds of priests, though, right?
[Image: polls_image_319_171_5631_455860_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg]
Yes

19-03-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2015 12:14 AM by Shadow Fox.)
Hmm..other things I would change.

1.The concept of currency
2. The concept of Racism
3. The concept of Religion
4. The concept of land ownership
5. The concept of needless killing I.E murder, war, revenge, holy or divine fighting, disputes over political issues etc. *not including mercy killings*

Would be forever erased from the human mind and be made to be permanently impossible due to new laws of biology and physics to ever be possible.

*Edit*

whoops! I could had sworn this was my other thread about if you were a diety what would you change about the universe and life.....

IGNORE MEEEE!!!! IGNORE THE COMMENT I MADE!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-03-2015, 06:52 PM
When I married my first husband, we went to catholic counseling by the priest (you had to if you wanted a church ceremony and I didn't want to make trouble for my parents) . He had to promise that we would have children and would raise them catholic. He was episcopalian.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-03-2015, 08:33 PM
(19-03-2015 06:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I married my first husband, we went to catholic counseling by the priest (you had to if you wanted a church ceremony and I didn't want to make trouble for my parents) . He had to promise that we would have children and would raise them catholic. He was episcopalian.

My dad was supposed to sign the same thing, but the priest forgot, and when asked after the wedding to come back and sign it, he kept saying "Ok but I'm busy right now". Facepalm And the rest is history. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-03-2015, 11:49 AM
(19-03-2015 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 08:52 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've heard-tell that when a Catholic couple gets married the priest sits them down and gives some sort of marriage advice. Dodgy

Facepalm

Not after, actually before...pre cana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Cana

They actually get to decide if you can or cannot marry in the church. I wasn't allowed to marry my first husband in the church that also refused to baptize my daughter...ummm...buh bye.

My mom had to say that she would raise us kids as Catholics in order to marry my dad. Scariest thing about that is not that she was a (gasp) Methodist, but that she was 16 years old - and NOT pregnant.

I think Girly went through the same sort of thing when he and Manly got married.

Our senior year of high school we HAD to take a class that was called 'Towards Marriage'. Yeah, that was useful. Dodgy

Don't priests do marriage counseling too? Like if a couple is having marital issues? I can't imagine what priests tell couples. Damn, it must be ridiculous sounding stuff.

Wow, I dodged all religious indoctrination growing up. I feel sorry for all of you. Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-03-2015, 01:02 PM
(20-03-2015 11:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not after, actually before...pre cana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Cana

Don't priests do marriage counseling too? Like if a couple is having marital issues? I can't imagine what priests tell couples. Damn, it must be ridiculous sounding stuff.

Wow, I dodged all religious indoctrination growing up. I feel sorry for all of you. Sadcryface

Well....some priests do have degrees in counseling. If they didn't feel comfortable or felt the issues were beyond them, they'd refer to other Catholic therapists.

As far as being married to give marital advice -- I'm not so sure that really is an issue. Not all marriage counselors have "successful" marriages. Most of the ones I knew were divorced and one was never married.

Not all marriage issues involve sex, they usually involve money and communication.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2015, 01:28 PM
(20-03-2015 01:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 11:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't priests do marriage counseling too? Like if a couple is having marital issues? I can't imagine what priests tell couples. Damn, it must be ridiculous sounding stuff.

Well....some priests do have degrees in counseling. If they didn't feel comfortable or felt the issues were beyond them, they'd refer to other Catholic therapists.

As far as being married to give marital advice -- I'm not so sure that really is an issue. Not all marriage counselors have "successful" marriages. Most of the ones I knew were divorced and one was never married.

Not all marriage issues involve sex, they usually involve money and communication.

And promising to raise the kids as Catholics. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user