Why the hell are you an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 07:56 PM

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: Why the hell are you an atheist?
It's not that hard to believe in tap dancing leprechauns either, that doesn't mean they exist.

I am a former Christian. Reading the entire Bible cured me of that ill.
[+] 11 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Why the hell do you keep trolling us?

You're neither interesting or intelligent enough to actually make the whole tedious experience even remotely enjoyable.

Go annoy someone else. The power of your probably-never-even-existed-and-even-if-he-did-he-was-your-garden-variety-loon Christ compels you.

[Image: 32020sw383.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2017, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 08:13 PM by cactus.)
Why the hell does the topic title sound so antagonistic? Confused

I see the lack of belief in untestable things as the default, neutral position. Anything else is unnecessary. Belief is unnecessary. I do not need to feel correct.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
06-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Why aren't you a Buddhist? It's not that hard, just follow the teachings of Buddha.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
06-05-2017, 08:11 PM
(06-05-2017 08:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's not that hard to believe in tap dancing leprechauns either, that doesn't mean they exist.

I am a former Christian. Reading the entire Bible cured me of that ill.

Checkmate Atheists.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
06-05-2017, 08:13 PM
But they do so exist, my dear Jenny, and we have visual proof

[Image: 36ccf0bc35d2934700cb3afb0d5d70bb_image-d...06-276.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2017, 08:15 PM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

I'm also seriously beginning to think you are just a troll, since you start conversations then don't engage.

We are atheists, by definition, because we don't believe in any gods. It follows that we can't love any gods we don't believe exist. As for loving others, we atheists express that by being honest. Are you being honest with us? I can't tell, but it seems not.

Jesus and God have already been debunked. You just haven't done your homework yet.
[+] 7 users Like Thoreauvian's post
06-05-2017, 08:15 PM
The only reason I feel the need to even use the word "atheist" is because I'm surrounded on a daily basis by people who expect me to be convinced by their unverifiable claims, and I'm expected to be the one to keep my lack of belief to myself while they get to ramble on about all sorts of nonsense to which I can't honestly reply without "offending" them. It's fucking exhausting. Dodgy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
06-05-2017, 08:18 PM
(06-05-2017 08:15 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

I'm also seriously beginning to think you are just a troll, since you start conversations then don't engage.

We are atheists, by definition, because we don't believe in any gods. It follows that we can't love any gods we don't believe exist. As for loving others, we atheists express that by being honest. Are you being honest with us? I can't tell, but it seems not.

Jesus and God have already been debunked. You just haven't done your homework yet.

Sir, I'm not a troll... Probably terrible at coming up with a good title for a thread, but I'm not here to troll.

Maybe I should've had a friendlier title. Sorry about that.
[+] 2 users Like Zombocalypse's post