Why the hell are you an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Why the hell are you an atheist?
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

Thanks.

None of your goddamned business. Now go play in the traffic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-05-2017, 05:36 PM
by definition, Using observations I never concluded that there is a theist type god running the show.
07-05-2017, 06:17 PM
(06-05-2017 08:18 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:15 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I'm also seriously beginning to think you are just a troll, since you start conversations then don't engage.

We are atheists, by definition, because we don't believe in any gods. It follows that we can't love any gods we don't believe exist. As for loving others, we atheists express that by being honest. Are you being honest with us? I can't tell, but it seems not.

Jesus and God have already been debunked. You just haven't done your homework yet.

Sir, I'm not a troll... Probably terrible at coming up with a good title for a thread, but I'm not here to troll.

Maybe I should've had a friendlier title. Sorry about that.

Your imaginary friend isn't going to like you lying.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
07-05-2017, 07:23 PM
"Why the hell are you an atheist ?"

Just to piss you off.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2017, 07:33 PM
(07-05-2017 07:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Why the hell are you an atheist ?"

Just to piss you off.

He's been ban hammered mate, he's a long gone motherfucker Moms slit his throat and kicked his body down the stairs. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
07-05-2017, 08:24 PM
I love Moms. Moms protects us from the awful people by Any Means Necessary. Big Grin

[Image: 5165e1d7204596714dc8b2f91f08dc01.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-05-2017, 08:41 PM
(07-05-2017 08:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I love Moms. Moms protects us from the awful people by Any Means Necessary. Big Grin

[Image: 5165e1d7204596714dc8b2f91f08dc01.jpg]

She's a star, firm but fair navigating difficult waters, I would not want her job, I think we are lucky to have her, the mods we've got aren't half bad either. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
(07-05-2017 07:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 07:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Why the hell are you an atheist ?"

Just to piss you off.

He's been ban hammered mate, he's a long gone motherfucker Moms slit his throat and kicked his body down the stairs. Big Grin

I knew that.
Just posted that sass in case he slithered back as a guest.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-05-2017, 10:04 PM
1. The bible.

2. The "arguments" made by theists. Like yours; "It's not that hard".
I used to have hope that at least once, before I died, to hear a theist make a valid point in favor of their beliefs. Just once.
How hard could it be?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
08-05-2017, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 02:43 PM by morondog.)
(06-05-2017 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Seriously ? Devils in 2017 ? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I may have told this story before. A few years ago I was at the British Museum in London, gazing lovingly at their well maintained collection of priceless treasures purloined from every nation over a period of centuries. It's a matchless trove, a veritable wonder... Anyway, I was at the Assyrian/Babylonian/Middle East end of the Museum, having a gander at ye *original* tablet whereon is recorded the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Some dude rocks up and calls people together - I thought "Brilliant! A talk about the interesting artifacts, I shall bend mine auditory sensors bequeathed to me by millennia of evolution thither". Except it wasn't Sad It was some eejit talking about how the museum dating, the tablet translation and all were most certainly wrong because it was written in the Bible that X...

As I was leaving a nervous young man handed me a pamphlet with a cartoon caricature devil in tight red pants on the cover. I kept it as a memento of how FUCKING sad Christians have to be, to be proselytizing in a museum, and how laughable the whole affair was. I mean, it was the laziest load of bullshit I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Here at the museum you have rooms full of beautiful, unique artifacts, detailed explanations of how they know what they know of the cultures that produced them, and I'm handed this crappy little pamphlet about God and the devil, quoting goddamn *Bible* verses.

The Islam dudes were there too, handing out their pamphlets, but what I appreciated about them was the pamphlet was religious, BUT all it was about, (minus the guff about Allah the beneficient and merciful) was that there was an exhibition of Islamic artifacts currently running, and would I be interested to take a look. Also they had the common decency to do their shit in the public space *outside* the museum, and not accost people inside.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post