Why the hell are you an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Why the hell are you an atheist?
(06-05-2017 08:25 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Please don't think that.

I just had a bad title is all. I'm sorry.

I was serious when I asked why you were not a Buddhist. Please answer.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-05-2017, 08:36 PM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

I'm an atheist because people claim gods exist and, near as I can tell, I don't believe in any of those. I say "as near as I can tell" because I'm not at all sure I really understand what you mean by a 'god'. You hear things like "creator of everything"; "undetectable", omni-everything, supernatural, blah blah blah. So if a god is anything like that, then no I don't believe anything like that exists - and won't unless I find out otherwise. [Pro-tip: eye witness accounts don't come close to sufficing where such extravagant claims are being thrown around.]

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Why haven't you devoted yourself to Odin and the coming of Ragnorok? It's not that hard to die in battle and earn your place.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
06-05-2017, 08:38 PM

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

Thanks.

First if all, why do you care? You came here, we didn't go get you to be all atheisty around you.

If it's not difficult for you to be a devout Christian then go do that....emphasis on 'go'.

You have nothing to say about your faith that someone here hasn't heard before.

I don't believe you are curious...I also think I smell either troll or sock.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-05-2017, 08:40 PM
(06-05-2017 08:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:25 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Please don't think that.

I just had a bad title is all. I'm sorry.

I was serious when I asked why you were not a Buddhist. Please answer.

Because anything and everything outside of Christianity that is in any way spiritual, I consider to be the work of the devil. Classic Christian doctrine. At least I think.
[+] 1 user Likes Zombocalypse's post
06-05-2017, 08:43 PM

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

I find it excruciatingly hard to "love" a fictional character. So there's that. And I can love my neighbors without being a Christian.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-05-2017, 08:43 PM
(06-05-2017 08:40 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  I was serious when I asked why you were not a Buddhist. Please answer.

Because anything and everything outside of Christianity that is in any way spiritual, I consider to be the work of the devil. Classic Christian doctrine. At least I think.

Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 08:50 PM by cactus.)
Hey, I love Voldemort. His nose is sexy, and I'd do him in a very gay way Smile

I'd Flipp his endo
I'd Alo his mora
I'd Levi his osa
and I'd certainly Avada his Kedavra

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-05-2017, 08:49 PM
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:40 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Because anything and everything outside of Christianity that is in any way spiritual, I consider to be the work of the devil. Classic Christian doctrine. At least I think.

Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.

Would someone parse this exchange for me please. I am struggling to make sense of it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-05-2017, 08:49 PM
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:40 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Because anything and everything outside of Christianity that is in any way spiritual, I consider to be the work of the devil. Classic Christian doctrine. At least I think.

Yes, but the history of the Bible preceded Buddhism.

Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.