Why the hell are you an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 08:51 PM
RE: Why the hell are you an atheist?
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.

Who created satan?

Who is more powerful: god or satan?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
(06-05-2017 08:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.

Who created satan?

God.

Also, God created Satan.
06-05-2017, 08:55 PM
(06-05-2017 08:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Who created satan?

God.

Also, God created Satan.

Then satan does everything with god's approval, permission and foreknowledge.

satan is doing god's work.

all loving god my ass.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-05-2017, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 09:09 PM by jennybee.)
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.

Would someone parse this exchange for me please. I am struggling to make sense of it.

Z was responding to Dom's post about not following Buddhism because all other religions are works of the devil and therefore, Xtianity is the real deal. I was pointing out to Z that Buddhism is older than Christianity and Buddha also was said to have magical powers, just like Jesus. I was drawing a parallel and trying to show Z that Christianity and Jesus are not all that special in terms of the scope of the world's religions. Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I'm exhausted was out late last night and I taught three yoga classes today and if I'm not making much sense that's why Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 08:55 PM
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I find it excruciatingly hard to "love" a fictional character.

I don't know, Grasshopper, I had quite the crush on Aragorn (in the book! Vigo What's His Mug doesn't cut it Dodgy ) when I was a tiny-teenage-tot. Always a soft spot for them tortured heroes I had Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2017, 08:56 PM
ungh, harder
[Image: Bright-Cheese-Header-Cubes.png]

harder!
[Image: 20140623-cheese101-hard-cheese-clothboun...406136.jpg]

mmm, oh god yessss give it to me. oh baby
[Image: landscape-1483633540-delish-jalapeno-pop...eese-1.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-05-2017, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 09:00 PM by Robvalue.)
I'm ignostic (God is at best an unfalsifiable concept) and an apatheist (I couldn't care less whether God is real as it makes no difference to me).

1. Most people who claim to believe in God can't define what a God is. They give me excuses why they don't have to define it. I can't assess a claim that isn't even defined.

2. For the few that do try to define it, it's mostly incoherent gibberish. I can't assess gibberish.

3. For the even fewer that actually define it in some meaningful way, it's either just another pointless word for something that we already know exists ("The universe is God!!"), or else it's totally unfalsifiable.

So at the very best, "God" is an unnecessary assumption. It answers nothing, and it's impossible to distinguish from nothing. So the only logical conclusion is to withhold belief in such a thing until it is presented in a falsifiable way. Until then, there can't even be evidence for it. And believing in things without evidence is irrational. This is all before we even get to any specific God.

And after all that... even if it was a real thing, I don't care. I'm not interested in worshipping anything or joining a cult. I can figure out on my own how to live my life, and if "God" doesn't like how I'm doing it, too bad.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
06-05-2017, 08:57 PM
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.

Yes, but the history of the Bible preceded Buddhism.

Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.

But it didn't precede Hinduism.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 09:05 PM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is* to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

Thanks.

*are

Spamy spam spam, spam spam.
You already asked these questions.
It's not that hard to be a follower of Madame Zelza, the Beach Psychic, either.
The POINT is is all bullshit. It's not about whether it's hard or not, dufus.
You think people come to unbelief because it easier ? Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2017, 09:07 PM
It's funny how the whole of the bible has been jettisoned, leaving just very obvious moral statements, and "loving God" which is rather meaningless. Is that all being Christian is these days? What about all the disgusting shit and incorrect nonsense in the rest of the book? Isn't it about time they edited it out?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post