Why the hell are you an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 11:46 PM
RE: Why the hell are you an atheist?
(06-05-2017 10:13 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why the hell do you ask stupid questions you already know the answer to ?

Yes, it's a stupid question. However.... A very stupid person might not know the answer yet.... So.... @ zombie do you know the answer and are being a jackass? Or not? Do tell.....

If you really want to learn, Why the hell are you not asking more pointed answerable questions? Why the hell aren't you like.... being civil when you ask stuff? Why the hell don't you read the rest of the forum before asking questions that have been answered LITTERALLY thousands of times on this site already?

When you have a serious question, I'll have a serious answer. Till then... Enjoy the hostility Tongue

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
06-05-2017, 11:49 PM
(06-05-2017 08:52 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Who created satan?

Who is more powerful: god or satan?

God.

Also, God created Satan.

.... Incorrect... The correct answer is Cthulhu

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
06-05-2017, 11:54 PM
(06-05-2017 09:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I could see where a Trump mask would be indistinguishable from the real thing, given how waxy his face is.

The mask is easy, but how do you fake the tiny little hands?
[+] 2 users Like John Derderian's post
07-05-2017, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 12:08 AM by JesseB.)
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.

Yes, but the history of the Bible preceded Buddhism.

Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.

Wait..... WHAT???!!!!!????!!!!

..... wow..... The education system really failed you. Here's a rough guide on religions and how long they've been around. Tell me which religion out of all of them came first eh? ....ignorant jackass

[Image: 85acb7827abdbd83b2580f173ee2e784.jpg]

Now for the specific claim about the "history" of the bible...

"Scientists have discovered the earliest known Hebrew writing — an inscription dating from the 10th century B.C., during the period of King David's reign."
Source- I used this one since it is pretty accurate and is easy, but there's better sources out there.

The history of the bible places it almost as old as Buddhism.... and Hinduism came before both.... so.... you're converting to Hinduism eh? I mean.... That's some fool proof logic you just employed there, just find the oldest one it must be right..... except.... the bible is one of the newer ones.... Just pointing that out.

Edit* I have a question. How about that part where the bible talks about a world wide flood that wiped out everyone.... except for.... well everyone alive at the time as no societies even noticed this "world wide" event took place, their civilizations happily survived just fine without noticing that anything at all crazy was going on.... It's not just that the bible isn't the first, its also that most of it can be proven to be outrageous bullshit. The Jews didn't flee Egypt to the land of Canaan, they were already in Canaan they arose from the Canaanite people.... (facepalm) Just a couple of examples for starters.
[+] 5 users Like JesseB's post
07-05-2017, 12:16 AM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?
Because i am not as gullible as you

(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian.
...when you are gullible
What brand of Christianity if i may ask? Its because there are so many, and most of them think all the others will go to hell themselves.

(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.
What happens if you dont love god?
What about the other 600 commandments?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
07-05-2017, 12:19 AM
>.> I tried loving my neighbors once...... I ended up arrested for exposure.......

(kidding) LOL

Big Grin
07-05-2017, 03:36 AM
(07-05-2017 12:19 AM)JesseB Wrote:  >.> I tried loving my neighbors once...... I ended up arrested for exposure.......

(kidding) LOL

The 11th commandment.
"You can ignore the previous 10 if you just believe and give us 10% of your income for life."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
07-05-2017, 04:12 AM
(06-05-2017 08:49 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Except Buddhism is older than Christianity. And Buddha was also said to have the ability to walk on water and perform magical feats.

Yes, but the history of the Bible preceded Buddhism.

Satan started fucking around with people before Jesus Christ was born.

I've held of til now I don't think you are a troll per se but this post confirms in my mind that you ARE quite possibly here to proselytize by stealth, problem is you're about as stealthy as a jumbo jet or an aircraft carrier.
I hope I'm wrong but there are alarm bells ringing, hence the hostility because frankly you have not conducted yourself in a totally honest and transparent manner, maybe that's just circumstantial and you are genuine but you need to know that folks on this forum have to deal with on average 5 or 6 bullshit apologists trolls poes and socks along with a liberal sprinkling of the deluded and sometimes psychotic every month, so its not surprising we get crusty and prickly. Be totally honest, don't start multiple threads then fail to interact on them. Its not because you are religious that's the problem its how you have so far conducted yourself and its very hard to tell if you are doing this deliberately or inadvertently.
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
07-05-2017, 04:47 AM
(06-05-2017 08:40 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Because anything and everything outside of Christianity that is in any way spiritual, I consider to be the work of the devil.

Then you should like atheists since we typically aren't spiritual at all.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
07-05-2017, 04:58 AM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)Zombocalypse Wrote:  Why the hell are you an atheist?

For one, it's not that hard to be a devoted Christian. The two great commandments of Christianity is to love God and love your neighbors. It's not that hard, people. Seriously.

Number two, I'm honestly very curious as to what led you to atheism. I'm a beginner in this sort of thing and although I still am a Christian, I'm still researching the truth. I am on the side of truth. If Jesus and God are debunked, I will surely move to atheism myself.

Thanks.

Nah. you're never going to move to atheism. You've been an utterly dishonest poster and I'm inclined to believe, with Girly, that you've been here before under another screen name.

It is pretty easy to be a devoted Christian if you keep your brain in Park, but your Heavenly Psycho's probably going to send you to Hell anyway. Your lies are sins, and your interactions here show no love for your neighbors. You're going to burn burn burn for eternity. (see you there...party at my place)
[+] 7 users Like julep's post