Why the hell is William Lane Craig considered the best Christian Apologist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Why the hell is William Lane Craig considered the best Christian Apologist?
(03-09-2014 12:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 12:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Yeah, and all sye did was drudge up what Matt said during previous parts of his shows and bring up solipsism. He never truly countered any of the actual meat of the debate and did what every good Christian does when confronted with something they cannot answer. He special pleaded or in 90% of the case, did every trick in the book to completely evade the question or thought at hand.

No. Instead he proves that atheism is self-contradictory.

No, he doesn't. Atheism is nothing more than the disbelief in the super natural.

That is it. It is not a religion. There are no philosophies. Nothing.

Outside of Atheism, that is where secular morality and philosophies and everything else comes into play. That is total collection of any agnostic, secular humanist, deist and any other non religious or non established religion minded persons personal believes blend together into a like minded state.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 01:04 PM
(03-09-2014 01:03 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism is nothing more than the disbelief in the super natural.

There are no philosophies.

Consider

Truth seeker.
03-09-2014, 01:06 PM
How the hell can atheism be self contradictory?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
03-09-2014, 01:12 PM
(03-09-2014 12:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 12:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Yeah, and all sye did was drudge up what Matt said during previous parts of his shows and bring up solipsism. He never truly countered any of the actual meat of the debate and did what every good Christian does when confronted with something they cannot answer. He special pleaded or in 90% of the case, did every trick in the book to completely evade the question or thought at hand.

No. Instead he proves that atheism is self-contradictory.

You can continue this point all you like, but you always avoid continuing the path it leads which isn't to anything contradictory. So what if an atheist doesn't claim absolute truth, so what that he can't know he isn't a brain in a vat for sure? It doesn't matter or denigrate anything.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-09-2014, 01:19 PM
(03-09-2014 01:04 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 01:03 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism is nothing more than the disbelief in the super natural.

There are no philosophies.

Consider

You clearly understand not what you argue against. It makes me laugh when people try to say I cannot believe in something. Sye's argument from scripture ( which is a logical fallacy btw) that states that babies, civilizations who has never once in their history had contact with Christians all know god exists but just deny it is really effing retarded.

It is along the same lines as saying Not believing in what I believe in is impossible because what I "know" is suppose to be so obvious that even a baby understands it.

Clearly this line of thinking is completely ignorant to what the word knowledge actually means. It is completely ignorant to what a baby actually is or anything about how our world actually works.

What is to stop me from saying the same kind of logic applies to the Invisible pink elephant that lives in my back pocket? You already know that elephant is there diddo. You are just denying its existence because you want to continue to be a bad person. You are rejecting him. So why won't you just believe.

The funniest thing about this argument is its circular logical fallacy is that if I already believe in him. It should not matter if I say I do not believe in him. Since I already do. My one and only thing I need for getting into heaven is automatically fulfilled without me even knowing it ( Except I do know it) so really, your arguing for no reason what so ever.

It is the kind of argument that has no idea what belief actually is or what knowing or not knowing something really means. This is the kind of ignorant ass fucking shit people back then actually thought, because they were ignorant sand dwelling, donkey riding, woman raping, murderous, monstrous barbarians who were the very first in our species to try and use their smarts to rule over people.

It saddens me that people still today still believe in this ancient stuff when we know so much better and so much more than even the smartest of them back then knew.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
03-09-2014, 02:16 PM
(03-09-2014 12:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 11:29 AM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  You can't be serious. His method makes Craig look good. Didn't you see Matt Dillahunty rip him apart?

I saw him rip apart Matt Dillahunty. Facepalm

Where is this debate. It isn't the one I saw.
Or was that him arguing with straw-matt?

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
03-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Started out Craig-bashing, became Sye bashing. Glad to see progression on this thread.

When it comes to Sye claiming everyone knows god exists, I say the emperor has no clothes.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
You guys are being trolled. Diddo doesn't even believe this. He just says it because it never fails to arouse a strong response.

Carry on.
03-09-2014, 02:28 PM
(03-09-2014 02:23 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  You guys are being trolled. Diddo doesn't even believe this. He just says it because it never fails to arouse a strong response.

Carry on.

Let them have their fun!

03-09-2014, 02:29 PM
(03-09-2014 12:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean, but this is the video I watched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL8LREmbDi0

Wow! Yup, that's the same video I've seen and I'm certain Matt hands Sye his nether regions.

Your subjective opinion seems to be different than mine. However, my subjective opinion seems to match that of Shadow Fox, spinosauruskin and others on the forums.

Interesting.

Much cheers to all.