Why the hell is William Lane Craig considered the best Christian Apologist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Why the hell is William Lane Craig considered the best Christian Apologist?
(03-09-2014 02:18 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Started out Craig-bashing, became Sye bashing. Glad to see progression on this thread.

When it comes to Sye claiming everyone knows god exists, I say the emperor has no clothes.

What I find hilarious is that diddo97 attempts to back up this absurd claim with the contradictory claim that we can't know anything. If we can't know anything, doesn't it follow that we also can't know God exists?

I actually have some sympathy with the idea that we can't know anything, if you assume a very rigorous definition of the word "know". But that would include the existence of God. We can't possibly know that God exists, or that he doesn't. We can only believe one way or the other, based on the evidence that we have. I strongly believe that God does not exist, but I don't claim to know it. The claim that we "know" that he does exist just makes me laugh.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 02:32 PM
(03-09-2014 02:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What I find hilarious is that diddo97 attempts to back up this absurd claim with the contradictory claim that we can't know anything. If we can't know anything, doesn't it follow that we also can't know God exists?

Here, I'll argue Diddo97's side for him.

"God alone can reveal things to us in a way that we know them with certainty".

How did I do?
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post
03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
(03-09-2014 02:32 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 02:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What I find hilarious is that diddo97 attempts to back up this absurd claim with the contradictory claim that we can't know anything. If we can't know anything, doesn't it follow that we also can't know God exists?

Here, I'll argue Diddo97's side for him.

"God alone can reveal things to us in a way that we know them with certainty".

How did I do?

You sound just like him. Sock puppet?

Big GrinLaugh out loadLaugh out load
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM
(03-09-2014 12:15 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I have no idea. The best Christian apologist is Sye Ten Bruggencate. He absolutely destroys everyone he debates with.
No. He doesn't.

Sapere aude
03-09-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 06:24 AM by WindyCityJazz.)
(02-09-2014 02:39 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Craig is a complete nutcase. His arguments have been debunked five thousand times. He comes across as intellectually superior while defending the indefensible position of theism.
His best tactic is his shifting of burden of proof. That is embarrassing.
So why is he their best guy? Why is he considered the best apologist? Is there really nobody better?

Because to Christians he SOUNDS smart, and that's all that really matters for them to believe his garbage. Anybody with a very basic understanding of science can tell that William Lane Craig, Ken Ham, and their cohorts are batshit crazy with the ridiculous arguments they make. Christians don't care though. If it sounds good, that's all that matters. William Lane Craig is a bullshit artist whose goal is to make his bullshit sound good so that people will believe it.

These ridiculous "scientific" arguments made by Christians are just an act of sugarcoating a turd.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
03-09-2014, 07:11 PM
(03-09-2014 02:23 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  You guys are being trolled. Diddo doesn't even believe this. He just says it because it never fails to arouse a strong response.

Carry on.

I don't want to believe it, but I have no choice. I cannot refute Sye Ten's arguments.

Truth seeker.
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM
That title is self-appointed.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
There is no "best apologist", there are merely people using circular reasoning. Like arguing for the existence for Harry Potter. Now if you want to argue some are more slick than others, you could argue that. But none of them are selling anything real, just trying to convince themselves and others they have something.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 09:20 PM
(03-09-2014 07:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 02:23 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  You guys are being trolled. Diddo doesn't even believe this. He just says it because it never fails to arouse a strong response.

Carry on.

I don't want to believe it, but I have no choice. I cannot refute Sye Ten's arguments.

But you already did
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
03-09-2014, 10:24 PM
(03-09-2014 09:20 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 07:11 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't want to believe it, but I have no choice. I cannot refute Sye Ten's arguments.

But you already did

Good one. OK everyone. Carry on now.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ