Why the hell women talk too much ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Why the hell women talk too much ?
Also, I'm not intimidated by silence. I like being quiet together sometimes with my bf. I think when you are comfortable with someone you can just be yourself. When people are nervous--like on a first date, a male or female may be uncomfortable with silence in that type of scenario. It's circumstantial, not gender specific.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-12-2016, 06:22 PM
(15-12-2016 05:58 PM)Leo Wrote:  Any theories fellas of why women are so chatty ???Consider Women are often intimidated by silence. I always enjoy my moments of silence and introspection. Talking for practically the whole day isn't my thing.

Girl toddlers usually talk before little boys. We have a different brain setup. I love to chat with other women. We can chat for hours, it's fun! It's one of the great joys of my life. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-12-2016, 06:27 PM
I have a very good friend who talks NON-STOP. I can't keep up with her, nor do I have any desire to.
I fully admit that when we part ways, I am exhausted. lol
I love her dearly, but her level of conversation is tiring after a while.

But then I have female friends who are very quiet and pensive. Perhaps this isn't a gender thing, but more of a personality thing?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
15-12-2016, 06:28 PM
I've known a few women who I couldn't concentrate on what they were saying just because of the sheer amount of blabber they were creating.
15-12-2016, 06:28 PM
(15-12-2016 06:20 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 06:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like to talk, but I also like quiet like when I'm doing yoga or meditating or watching a movie or reading or just being a human. Hobo So yeah, stereotype away, buddy Tongue

You can't deny that women are addicted to chatting. Maybe you talk less than most women but facts are facts. Big Grin

Women might enjoy talking, but I wouldn't say we're addicted to it. I also know plenty of men who won't shut the fuck up and chat away uncontrollably Wink But I would agree more women enjoy that type of chatty thing than men--but not as an addiction or because they are intimidated by silence though. It has more to do with enjoying talking with friends.
15-12-2016, 06:36 PM
(15-12-2016 06:20 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Conversely, I am envious of how men can 'get away' with being silent.

Tongue

15-12-2016, 06:38 PM
It's not so much that they talk too much, it's that they get caught up on irrelevant details when telling stories.

I called my mom out on it the other day. Unfortunately my sister and aunt were there too and I was the only guy in the room. I'm bad at picking my battles.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
15-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Whatever, my dad is worse than any Hollywood golddigger. The guy can talk about how a grain fascinated him for 15 mintues, when all I ever asked him what the time was.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
15-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Any conversation I take part in will ultimately be directed towards guns and/or cannibalism. Therefore silence is often a more prudent option.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-12-2016, 06:58 PM
I've always found men seem to talk much more, and always seem to act like experts on subjects they don't really understand.
[+] 4 users Like ViolexTV's post