Why the hell women talk too much ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: Why the hell women talk too much ?
(15-12-2016 08:27 PM)Loom Wrote:  I get that many women can easily talk their mouths off, but I suppose I'm one of the rare silent types. I hate talking. I have a lisp, so I try to avoid talking at all if I can. I only get 'talky' for my job, and I'm darn awkward at it.

I prefer to sit back and listen, or enjoy the silence. I don't even like music that involves singing, just instrumental stuff (vocals are ok, just no words).

I don't know how some people have the stamina to constantly talk for hours, let alone minutes.

Maybe I'm broken Sad

I understand. *pats your back*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
15-12-2016, 10:01 PM
(15-12-2016 08:27 PM)Loom Wrote:  I get that many women can easily talk their mouths off, but I suppose I'm one of the rare silent types. I hate talking. I have a lisp, so I try to avoid talking at all if I can. I only get 'talky' for my job, and I'm darn awkward at it.

I prefer to sit back and listen, or enjoy the silence. I don't even like music that involves singing, just instrumental stuff (vocals are ok, just no words).

I don't know how some people have the stamina to constantly talk for hours, let alone minutes.

Maybe I'm broken Sad

No way are you broken! The world needs talkers and non-talkers alike. Imagine if everyone talked and talked and talked and never stopped to listen?
You keep rocking that silence. Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
15-12-2016, 10:22 PM
(15-12-2016 10:01 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  

Maybe I'm broken Sad

No way are you broken! The world needs talkers and non-talkers alike. Imagine if everyone talked and talked and talked and never stopped to listen?
You keep rocking that silence. Smile

I know many people who talk talk talk...well, you get it. I had a lisp as a child, but got therapy for it. That consisted of my 2nd grade teacher pointing it out and giving me a little training. You should really consider speech therapy, if you perceive it as a problem. You are NOT broken, dammit! You have differences from what mainstream TV shows you, and I can tell you right up front that those people are broken in ways you may not even imagine. I have been in a place where I have felt unfit to live, but just ground through it. You can do that, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-12-2016, 01:41 AM
(15-12-2016 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 06:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Women might enjoy talking, but I wouldn't say we're addicted to it. I also know plenty of men who won't shut the fuck up and chat away uncontrollably Wink But I would agree more women enjoy that type of chatty thing than men--but not as an addiction or because they are intimidated by silence though. It has more to do with enjoying talking with friends.

Men seem to be the opposite. When something emotional befalls them they just sit there and brood. It's especially true if it has anything to do with relationships. Dodgy A wall goes up around them and they sit there silent and stuck. It's the most annoying thing. I've given a man a couple of weeks to think about stuff and maybe come out of it and discuss stuff, but no....they keep their emotions all pent up. Daymn, guys. Talk about stuff, you'll feel better for it! Geeze.

Discussing stuff may simply not help depending on the issue. So why bother? Also everyone has their problems so why burdening others with one issues?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-12-2016, 02:05 AM
(15-12-2016 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 06:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Women might enjoy talking, but I wouldn't say we're addicted to it. I also know plenty of men who won't shut the fuck up and chat away uncontrollably Wink But I would agree more women enjoy that type of chatty thing than men--but not as an addiction or because they are intimidated by silence though. It has more to do with enjoying talking with friends.

Men seem to be the opposite. When something emotional befalls them they just sit there and brood. It's especially true if it has anything to do with relationships. Dodgy A wall goes up around them and they sit there silent and stuck. It's the most annoying thing. I've given a man a couple of weeks to think about stuff and maybe come out of it and discuss stuff, but no....they keep their emotions all pent up. Daymn, guys. Talk about stuff, you'll feel better for it! Geeze.

Dodgy

Consider

Unsure

tl;dr

Sleepy

16-12-2016, 03:42 AM
I don't mind talking... but I have noticed a difference between the way I think and the way most women I've met think.

If something happened, or if someone's upset or whatever... they way they tell a story and the way I tell a story are opposite. So say I hang out with Mum and she's all annoyed, I ask "What's so annoying"... she will tell me how two weeks ago X happened and then Y and... and eventually she'll get to the reason. To me it seems like a lot of women like to tell you the whole story from the beginning with all the details filled in. I call it the "scenic route". Most men that I know take the direct route.

For me, if you ask me why I'm pissed off I'll say one sentence. Something like "I've been waiting for a delivery all afternoon, and the fuckers haven't come". Whereas Mama will say "I went to the supermarket on Friday, and they didn't have tickled eggs, so later in the week I asked Margaret to help me, and she ordered them online from weneverdeliver.com. They sent me an sms saying that our order would be ready for delivery on Tuesday, but this very nice man from Outer Mongolia phoned later to explain that they'd had to cancel because the driver has a sore pinky finger. So we rescheduled the delivery for Wednesday but..." and possibly 30 minutes and a cup of coffee and a shortbread biscuit later you find out why she's annoyed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-12-2016, 05:41 AM
(15-12-2016 08:27 PM)Loom Wrote:  I prefer to sit back and listen, or enjoy the silence. I don't even like music that involves singing, just instrumental stuff (vocals are ok, just no words).

Oh goody! I can promote Genesis instrumentals!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
16-12-2016, 06:02 AM
I like it when people, male or female, talk--that means I don't have to--plus I get to know enough about them to form an opinion about their personality and character. I have deficient natural instincts about other humans, so I appreciate the extra information.

In my experience, women don't talk more than men in gatherings that include both men and women. Many women do seem to take on the responsibility of making sure people are getting along together and use language in order to facilitate that. Doesn't always work, of course.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-12-2016, 06:04 AM
(15-12-2016 06:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 06:11 PM)cactus Wrote:  It's because they have penis envy. They talk to distract themselves from how much they want to have dicks. Thumbsup

Um, we can have dicks anytime we want Tongue

To be honest...she has a point here. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-12-2016, 06:08 AM
(16-12-2016 06:04 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 06:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Um, we can have dicks anytime we want Tongue

To be honest...she has a point here. Blush

You have a point

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post