Why the hell women talk too much ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: Why the hell women talk too much ?
(16-12-2016 03:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't mind talking... but I have noticed a difference between the way I think and the way most women I've met think.

If something happened, or if someone's upset or whatever... they way they tell a story and the way I tell a story are opposite. So say I hang out with Mum and she's all annoyed, I ask "What's so annoying"... she will tell me how two weeks ago X happened and then Y and... and eventually she'll get to the reason. To me it seems like a lot of women like to tell you the whole story from the beginning with all the details filled in. I call it the "scenic route". Most men that I know take the direct route.

For me, if you ask me why I'm pissed off I'll say one sentence. Something like "I've been waiting for a delivery all afternoon, and the fuckers haven't come". Whereas Mama will say "I went to the supermarket on Friday, and they didn't have tickled eggs, so later in the week I asked Margaret to help me, and she ordered them online from weneverdeliver.com. They sent me an sms saying that our order would be ready for delivery on Tuesday, but this very nice man from Outer Mongolia phoned later to explain that they'd had to cancel because the driver has a sore pinky finger. So we rescheduled the delivery for Wednesday but..." and possibly 30 minutes and a cup of coffee and a shortbread biscuit later you find out why she's annoyed.

I say things in one sentence too or as minimally as possible too re: things that are bothering me. My bf is more like your mom with the longer versions of how we started at A and got to B.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-12-2016, 09:17 AM
I hate taking with women in the phone . The conversations are exhausting.Bla Bla Bla for hours and hours.Undecided

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
16-12-2016, 09:20 AM
(16-12-2016 09:17 AM)Leo Wrote:  I hate taking with women in the phone . The conversations are exhausting.Bla Bla Bla for hours and hours.Undecided

Then don't do it. Some guys like to talk on the phone you know. And some women don't like to talk on the phone. If you have a girlfriend that is too talkative and it bothers you so much--then find someone else. Several women in here have said they don't like to be chatty all the time and enjoy silence on occasion. So clearly, women like that do exist Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Boy, for a thread about women talking too much you guys sure are talking a lot! Laugh out load

Popcorn

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-12-2016, 10:19 AM
(16-12-2016 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Boy, for a thread about women talking too much you guys sure are talking a lot! Laugh out load

Popcorn

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
16-12-2016, 10:50 AM
(15-12-2016 06:20 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Conversely, I am envious of how men can 'get away' with being silent. If a women is silent (at a party, for example), she would be perceived as anti-social or even being a bitch. My husband can sit quietly in a corner and no one thinks anything of it. I have done this before and had to make an excuse that I wasn't feeling well. It was really because I just didn't feel like chatting about stupid shit. lol

I really dislike the term 'resting bitch face' because it points out that women are expected to be social, smiling and engaging even if they don't want to be because again, if they aren't, they are a bitch.

So, bottom line is, don't get frustrated with women - we are sometimes envious of your ability to be silent! Smile

This is a very good point. We both have a kind of conditioning which entails detriments as well as advantages. We call this sort of discussion feminism because they're the only ones who seem willing to talk about it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
16-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Why the hell women talk too much ?

Well they live longer, so maybe getting shit off their minds instead of passive-aggressively letting it fester, and then blowing and shooting up shopping malls promotes something. I dunno. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Post number 58 - one person has posted 11 times. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-12-2016, 12:22 PM
(16-12-2016 11:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Post number 58 - one person has posted 11 times. Consider

Yup, I think that was me. Looks like I'm up to post # 12 now Big Grin I think for a few of them I was sitting in my car waiting for my yoga class to begin so was shooting the shit in this thread to pass the time. And I do like to talk and I can talk with the best of them, but I also like quiet on occasion, which is why in other threads that I've contributed to, I'm at one or two posts. That's during my quiet phase Wink I'm like that irl too, sometimes I'm very talkative, sometimes I like quiet.
16-12-2016, 12:37 PM
(16-12-2016 11:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Post number 58 - one person has posted 11 times. Consider

Maybe we can let her off with a warning this time since she was probably just trying to establish the premise of the thread's OP?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle