Why the media is promoting islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Why the media is promoting islam.
The Guardian article is simply refuting the idea that all Muslims are terrorists. Unless you are changing your argument to "all Muslims are terrorists", that article doesn't help your argument . And, if you are arguing that all Muslims are terrorists, I refer you to the article you posted that shows otherwise.

Those other 2 links fall under the "what the fuck?" category. Here's a reality check for you: there is plenty of outrage over Islamic terrorists. Here's another reality check: the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

And, at no additional charge, here's an observation about you: you're a bigoted scumbag.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
30-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Ok, Christianity has evolved away from barbarianism, although there are still some scary and abusive branches.

Islam stopped evolving at some point in time. The cruelties still pervade their society.

That doesn't mean that the individual Islamists are bad people, but they have been conditioned to accept some pretty nasty things as normal.

Just like we don't let xtians tell us how to live, so should we refuse Islam.

It is perfectly justified to be more scared of living in an Islamic country than in a Christian one.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
30-06-2016, 09:37 PM
I deliberately isolate myself from babbling nonsense. I deleted my Facebook account after a month or two. I have never signed up for Twitter, and it is really strange to me that tweets get quoted in news articles as if they contribute to a story. I do watch Netflix sometimes, but that's the extent of my TV. I don't own a receiver or subscribe to cable or satellite. I'm pretty sure I am a happier person because of all this. I do read the news though, and I'm pretty good at it.

Your Guardian link is framed as a refutation of Trump's rhetoric. It is not promoting Islam, it is recognizing the positive contributions of people who happen to be Muslims. The closest it gets to discussing any tenet of Islam is mentioning a couple of people who changed their names.

The australianislamistmonitor link is just baffling. It is obviously an anti-Islam screed. It tries to use the Bible to refute the Koran, which is like citing Transformers to refute Pokemon (did I read a similar analogy from someone here?). It isn't news, it isn't pro-Islam, and it isn't a reliable source about anything. Why did you link to it?

I appreciate the MintPress post. One of my buddies is a staff writer there, and is also apparently their blog editor. The writer of the article you linked to has written or co-written 5 articles on MintPress, 4 of them about Islam one way or another. In the one you link to, he is not "promoting Islam." He is responding to crap he found people saying on Facebook. He is a Muslim, and writes about Islam in a positive way. This is the article that comes closest to supporting your claim, and it's about the stupid nonsense people spread on Facebook.

That hardly adds up to "The Media promoting Islam."

You seem to be nostalgic for bygone days when "seeing Muslims in street was unpleasant." I'm not sure how true that claim is, by the way. You also seem to think that anything less hostile than open intolerance of Muslims appearing in public is "liberals" promoting Islam. Just so you know, this really does come off as bigoted. Your "I'm not a hating but..." remark just makes it seem worse. "I'm not a racist but..., I'm not homophobic but..." Those kinds of remarks just seem to mean "I am about to say something bigoted and I don't want to be held responsible for it."

I don't know anything about Rabah JTL except those few articles. I don't recall seeing him claim to be a feminist. Can you find some support for your claim that feminists promote Islam, from an actual feminist actually promoting Islam? Or for your claim more broadly, can you find Western news or entertainment that endorses the tenets of Islam, or promotes conversion to Islam, or something like that? Just affirming that Muslim people should be recognized for their contributions and shouldn't be feared in public isn't good enough for me to accept your premise.
[+] 6 users Like I Am's post
30-06-2016, 09:42 PM
How is seeing muslims in tge street different. I mainly still see people made unpleasant because of it.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-07-2016, 06:19 PM
I don't think the media is outright promoting islam, but i do think media associated with regressive left is trying to shoot down any valid criticism of islam by labeling everyone who criticize islam as "islamophobic" - speaking of which, "islamophobic" is a meaningless word on par with "KKK-phobia", "naziphobia", and the like. qu'ran actively encourages its adherents to stone gays, disparage women, kill apostates, etc. I mean... as someone who's not an islam, aren't many of these teachings scary?

unless you count this as "promoting islam"... I don't think it is, but if you wish to do so then be my guest.
[+] 1 user Likes Bear100's post
03-07-2016, 09:12 PM
(30-06-2016 07:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  The Guardian article is simply refuting the idea that all Muslims are terrorists. Unless you are changing your argument to "all Muslims are terrorists", that article doesn't help your argument . And, if you are arguing that all Muslims are terrorists, I refer you to the article you posted that shows otherwise.

Those other 2 links fall under the "what the fuck?" category. Here's a reality check for you: there is plenty of outrage over Islamic terrorists. Here's another reality check: the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

And, at no additional charge, here's an observation about you: you're a bigoted scumbag.

the guardian post is promoting islam by convincing people that there is good muslims... ( okay you seem not understanding what i'm saying so im making it simple ) well for examples MALCOME X is a muslim who is Pro-freedom .but in actual islam freedom is not really accepted regardless if you are a muslim or none. you gotta obey the Islamic rules SO HE'S BEING GOOD BECAUSE HE AIN'T REALLY DOING WHAT ISLAM ASKED HIM TOO and in islam if you didn't do that you are infidel or hypocritical and you should get killed buddy... thats what's up
03-07-2016, 09:29 PM
The problem with Islam is that it has not yet evolved past a primitive way of thinking. Given time, Islam will most likely become more liberal. Islam just needs more exposure to the concept that societal change does not equate to death of a culture.
03-07-2016, 09:39 PM
(03-07-2016 09:29 PM)Foxen Wrote:  The problem with Islam is that it has not yet evolved past a primitive way of thinking. Given time, Islam will most likely become more liberal. Islam just needs more exposure to the concept that societal change does not equate to death of a culture.

not really sure about it. fundamental religion for fundamentalists you are not real Muslim if you don't do them all. liberal muslims are infidels .

they won't stop till they convert everyone to Muslims and then when they have the power they will enforce it Europe turning to Europia WAKE UP.
03-07-2016, 09:43 PM
(03-07-2016 09:39 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  WAKE UP.

I have woken up, and now it is time for you to awaken from the nightmare you are attempting to spread to the rest of us.

Christianity had its dark, primitive, fundamentalist period, which lasted entirely too long, but reasonable people within society began a process of introducing logic to the point where Christianity itself had to admit that it either had to change or lose all of its adherents.

Christianity still exists today, yes, but it has radically evolved from what it used to be.

The same can happen with Islam.
03-07-2016, 09:55 PM
(03-07-2016 09:43 PM)Foxen Wrote:  Christianity still exists today, yes, but it has radically evolved from what it used to be.

The same can happen with Islam.

It should hurry the fuck up with that. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post