Why the misconceptions of libertarianism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 09:21 AM by TrulyX.)
RE: Why the misconceptions of libertarianism?
(23-01-2013 06:31 PM)impr0vise Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 09:39 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Libertarians are not pro or anti, really, any specific issue (like guns and drugs); nor do they think it should just be left to states, necessarily, even in America.

Libertarians are just the assholes that say they don't want to participate, because you told them they were going to (or had to) participate: They are the asshole kids that ran around dirty as shit, not because they had no running water or soap, but because their mothers told them they had to be clean. The same type of asshole that only listens to music until other people find out about it. The same type of asshole that tells you that they are an alcoholic and/or that their lives are fucked up because they choose to be an alcoholic with a fucked up life.

The only tie or key phrase in libertarianism is 'voluntary association'; everything is associated to, and falls off of, that. They are against anything that requires them, or really makes them feel like they are required, to be involved or associated with that thing.
Thank you for this. I hope you don't mind if I file it away for later use as a textbook example of an ad hominem logical fallacy.

You do realize, that in order to commit a logical fallacy, of any kind, a person would actually have to be making an argument/be in the process of arguing?

Or not?

All I did was jokingly describe libertarians. If there was a logical fallacy being committed, it would have been by you, for attempting to imply that my response contained false information, simply because you were offended by the joke (or whatever else).

An argument would look like: Libertarians are all stupid assholes; therefor, all of their views are incorrect and opinions irrelevant to intellectual conversation. Is that what you were looking for?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the misconceptions of libertarianism? - TrulyX - 24-01-2013 09:14 AM