Why the world is not perfect.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Many christians who I have talked to always say that god created the world so perfect. Lets get a list going of things that disproves this argument : 1) the bible
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Why the world is not perfect.
Disease
War
Poverty
Natural disasters - those are supposedly acts of God. Why do people in coastal areas deserve tsunamis and hurricanes?

The statement is laughable from the get go. Disease is a good one 'cos they can hardly argue that that's human caused, although they might come up with some deranged idea that we deserve horrible diseases because Adam ate an apple or because we're just natural "sinners". Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-08-2014, 02:42 PM
(21-08-2014 02:25 PM)alegzac54 Wrote:  Many christians who I have talked to always say that god created the world so perfect. Lets get a list going of things that disproves this argument : 1) the bible

That's theologically retarded.

No where in the Bible does it state that God created anything "perfect"... in fact, quite the opposite, as God is the only bearer of perfection.

I know you're sincere in what you say about Christians saying that God created "perfection", it's just frustrating that the vast majority of Christians don't know WTF the Bible says or how to read/interpret what it says.

Sorry. Carry on. Rant over.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
21-08-2014, 02:59 PM
(21-08-2014 02:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:25 PM)alegzac54 Wrote:  Many christians who I have talked to always say that god created the world so perfect. Lets get a list going of things that disproves this argument : 1) the bible

No where in the Bible does it state that God created anything "perfect"... in fact, quite the opposite, as God is the only bearer of perfection.

I know you're sincere in what you say about Christians saying that God created "perfection", it's just frustrating that the vast majority of Christians don't know WTF the Bible says or how to read/interpret what it says.

Hahaha I know I completely agree with you. I think what i mean to say is the fact that they think there is perfect design yet they fail to see things mentioned above and i am sure there is many more
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2014, 03:44 PM

I will never understand how Yahweh could have fucked up on his book so badly.
If the thing is that damn important, it really shouldn't need interpretation and word twisting to make sense.

Plus there is a very long standing tradition that christians not read their holy books, why change it now?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-08-2014, 04:02 PM
For a serious treatment on this subject see Leibniz's Best of All Possible Worlds.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-08-2014, 04:09 PM
6. Really stupid religious people exist.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
21-08-2014, 05:10 PM

If I'm an architect and I create buildings that occasionally collapse and kill everyone in them I'm not a perfect architect.
21-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Parasitic worms that eat your eyes

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
21-08-2014, 05:18 PM
That weird mole on my taint. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post