Why there aren't more female atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Why there aren't more female atheists...
Hmmn... A thread where we generalize about women... Bechased

Big Grin

Yeah, there's a bunch of sexist bullshit, there's the generalization that women avoid confrontation, and then science. Sure, Dom, ya don't hafta "be into science" to be an atheist, but if one is into science, seems to generally follow that one will be less into supernatural thinking.

But speaking of science, there is no science here. This yammering on the Internet, it's still new, it's still a kinda geeky, kinda guy thing. So...

What it comes down to, is RTS trying to stir up shit. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 02:46 PM
(29-07-2013 02:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 02:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If I were to venture an explanation, I'd say there's a correlation between finding out how the universe doesn't work (ie, religion) and subsequently wanting to find out how it does.

Someone more interested in discussions of religion and atheism, though, is almost obligated to delve rather deeply, given how often bad science is brought up by the other side.

In some respects I think it's rather microcosmic for online communities and the internet in general (and the reasons for that involve a lot of gender theory sociology). But, while I approve of inventively crude language, for the most part we don't see too much back-and-forth slur swapping, do we?

I don't think the T&A threads are particularly useful to have around. Anyone reading one already has an internet connection, rather obviating the need to find anything along those lines here of all places...

What's a T&A thread?

I think it's tits and ass. Like the Rolling Stones song Little T&A?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
29-07-2013, 02:49 PM
(29-07-2013 12:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  And maybe places like TTA don't have all that much to offer to women. It's pretty much a boy's club here, lots of name calling and 4 letter words and attacking each other and threads about cameltoes and staring at breasts and and, and, and. It ain't no place for a lady!

Are you saying ladies can't be into that sort of thing? Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
29-07-2013, 02:51 PM
(29-07-2013 02:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 02:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If I were to venture an explanation, I'd say there's a correlation between finding out how the universe doesn't work (ie, religion) and subsequently wanting to find out how it does.

Someone more interested in discussions of religion and atheism, though, is almost obligated to delve rather deeply, given how often bad science is brought up by the other side.

In some respects I think it's rather microcosmic for online communities and the internet in general (and the reasons for that involve a lot of gender theory sociology). But, while I approve of inventively crude language, for the most part we don't see too much back-and-forth slur swapping, do we?

I don't think the T&A threads are particularly useful to have around. Anyone reading one already has an internet connection, rather obviating the need to find anything along those lines here of all places...

What's a T&A thread?

I agree with cljr's assessment of 'tits & ass' threads. Unless you are 15 they are pretty pointless.

29-07-2013, 02:52 PM
(29-07-2013 02:51 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I agree with cljr's assessment of 'tits & ass' threads. Unless you are 15 they are pretty pointless.

Are you saying adults can't be into that sort of thing? Drinking Beverage

29-07-2013, 02:53 PM
(29-07-2013 02:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hmmn... A thread where we generalize about women... Bechased

Big Grin

Yeah, there's a bunch of sexist bullshit, there's the generalization that women avoid confrontation, and then science. Sure, Dom, ya don't hafta "be into science" to be an atheist, but if one is into science, seems to generally follow that one will be less into supernatural thinking.

But speaking of science, there is no science here. This yammering on the Internet, it's still new, it's still a kinda geeky, kinda guy thing. So...

What it comes down to, is RTS trying to stir up shit. Tongue

And you have no problem feeding it, huh, Cantor? Tongue

"Kinda a guy thing." Chicks can be geeky, too.

I think unless there is hard evidence where we can get everyone who is an athiest to answer all the questions about background information, we will never be able to TRULY say there aren't more women (or even equal parts) that are atheists than men. I know we see things with our own eyes and we can make assumptions, but isn't that part of science? (Since it keeps being brought up...) We make a hypothesis and test it and retest it and find out if it's true?

Smartass

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
29-07-2013, 02:53 PM
(29-07-2013 02:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 12:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  It ain't no place for a lady!

Are you saying ladies can't be into that sort of thing? Drinking Beverage

And you wonder why you can't get a date. Dodgy

29-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Overall, in my personal experience, I think that's bullshit. I think there are plenty female atheists. Hell, just look at the number of them on here. Drinking Beverage

29-07-2013, 02:56 PM
(29-07-2013 02:53 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And you wonder why you can't get a date. Dodgy

Actually, it is funny you should mention that. I did get a girlfriend today. The boob thread is gonna be empty now, but abandoning my duties is well worth it. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
29-07-2013, 02:56 PM
(29-07-2013 02:53 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 02:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What it comes down to, is RTS trying to stir up shit. Tongue

And you have no problem feeding it, huh, Cantor? Tongue

Hey, I'm totally innocent, here. Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post