Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Why was today a good day thread
This is a bit like the ranting corner but for more positive things. This is where people can post about why they've had a good day, or just about any events that have made them a little happier with life recently.

My day was good because I had an observation from college at work (my job in the school). My assessor wanted to observe me having an appraisal with my boss and it went really well. My boss spoke to me at length about what a great job I do, how I've grown since starting there, and just generally about how pleased she is with me. It felt really good to receive the compliments and just as good to know that they were all being heard and written down by my assessor to go into my college file. I know it's a rather self-centred thing to be happy about but it really did put a shine on my day.

Anyone else got anything?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
13-12-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Because I just finished my book.

The rest... the rest belongs in the ranting thread. Or possibly in a wailing and pulling my hair out thread. Maybe I should make one... but that'd be unfair on folks with no hair... Consider

So yeah, bloody book is done. Small mercies, I guess.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Good day because I slept in, then my older client asked me if I can do a job for him, then a new client approached me for another job, then the dog learnt a trick.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
13-12-2012, 08:48 AM
(13-12-2012 08:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  Because I just finished my book.

The rest... the rest belongs in the ranting thread. Or possibly in a wailing and pulling my hair out thread. Maybe I should make one... but that'd be unfair on folks with no hair... Consider

My magnificent ribbed pleasure rod tumesces at the thought of casting the deep mystic green orbs of my eyes over your literary achievements, no doubt achieved while sipping a ... capirinha was it? ... dressed in sexy lingerie...

Tee hee Big Grin

You thought you got away Tongue But we'll drag you back. Our throbbing manhoods will haunt your dreams...

Scuse me I just gotta go throw up...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-12-2012, 08:57 AM
(13-12-2012 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  My magnificent ribbed pleasure rod tumesces at the thought of casting the deep mystic green orbs of my eyes over your literary achievements, no doubt achieved while sipping a ... capirinha was it? ... dressed in sexy lingerie...

Tee hee Big Grin
You ain't half bad. Or rather - you suck so much, you might actually be publishable. Sadly, there're heaps of money in this, so you might consider changing careers.

(However, you'll understand shit from my achievements, as they are in Bulgarian. Но може да опиташ Wink

Quote:Scuse me I just gotta go throw up...
May I join you?

13-12-2012, 09:09 AM
(13-12-2012 08:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  My magnificent ribbed pleasure rod tumesces at the thought of casting the deep mystic green orbs of my eyes over your literary achievements, no doubt achieved while sipping a ... capirinha was it? ... dressed in sexy lingerie...

Tee hee Big Grin
You ain't half bad. Or rather - you suck so much, you might actually be publishable. Sadly, there're heaps of money in this, so you might consider changing careers.

(However, you'll understand shit from my achievements, as they are in Bulgarian. Но може да опиташ Wink

Quote:Scuse me I just gotta go throw up...
May I join you?
Oh by all means, I always like to throw up in the company of a sexy lady dressed in lingerie. That's real *class*.
13-12-2012, 09:13 AM
(13-12-2012 09:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  May I join you?
Oh by all means, I always like to throw up in the company of a sexy lady dressed in lingerie. That's real *class*.
[/quote]I meant join you in throwing up, not hold your head or something Wink

And it's -4C outside. Lingerie, my foot!

13-12-2012, 09:45 AM
(13-12-2012 08:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  Because I just finished my book.

Nah, those of us without hair just dig our fingernails into our scalps and start tearing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I just got several old VMs up and running on my server; I'd thought they were lost, but now they are found.

Also got a Linux VM running on my Win 7 laptop; it's running a NetApp simulator.

Ah, virtual is its own reward! Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2012, 10:07 AM
(13-12-2012 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, virtual is its own reward! Thumbsup
I saw what you did there Laughat