Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I have a young woman that I supervise who happens to be the daughter of the owners. She 'told' me Tuesday that she would be out on Friday. Okay, I kind of let that slide a bit - she really should have requested the day off.

Today at two she walked in and said, "Okay, I'm out, see you Monday." And she left. The other young woman that works for me looked at me and I looked at her and just let that soak in a bit.

Decision to be made...how do I handle this? So, I went to ask her dad if he was serious about treating her like it was a real job and not like she gets special treatment 'cause mommy and daddy own the business. He was busy. Crap.

Guess who shows up - mom. And mom is not happy that daughter just announced she was leaving three hours early and bailed. Mom suspended daughter without pay for a few days. I don't have to talk to dad. Since mom is usually not anywhere near the office the timing couldn't have been better.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
06-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered and paid for all of my classes for next semester. I am excited. Big Grin
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post
06-11-2014, 08:41 PM
my husband answered my 6th grade daughters math questions. whew! I dodged a bullet. Good thing I was smart enough to marry someone who understands it when the alphabet and parenthesis get throw into a math problem.

although I do cover all the school volunteering, projects, written papers, speeches and research assignments. The least he can do is cover the math. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-11-2014, 09:17 PM
I managed to attend an exam and end it before the proctor called the end of the exam...

That counts for something toward today, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Victoria's Secret is having a 7 for $26 sale and I just so happen to have a VS gift card from graduation that doesn't expire until February.

Also dying parts of my hair blonde.

Today is good.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
10-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Just love it when you're expecting a problem and the exact opposite thing happens. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2014, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 12:05 AM by CleverUsername.)
Today a video game I was looking forward to that was supposed to be released on Christmas got released over a month early because the creator didn't want to wait three days to release the demo.

I can't find the logic in it (totally expecting to wake up tomorrow to find it was some kind of mistake), but I'm glad it happened.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
11-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Today I managed to ensure the government would continue paying me to be a student!

Additionally, I got the second volume of Attack on Titan today as an early Giftmas gift.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Today while doing a fish species survey a Bull shark swam right by me but had the decency to not eat me Ohmy Had to hose off the wetsuit extra good but that's about it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 08:32 PM
(11-11-2014 08:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Today while doing a fish species survey a Bull shark swam right by me but had the decency to not eat me Ohmy Had to hose off the wetsuit extra good but that's about it.

Wow! Amazing, really. Sooo… pics? Shy

I had that happen with a bear and then a cougar once. You'll never forget.