Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(11-11-2014 08:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Today while doing a fish species survey a Bull shark swam right by me but had the decency to not eat me Ohmy Had to hose off the wetsuit extra good but that's about it.

Apparently you weren't worth eating.

Not sure if I would consider that an insult on the shark's part....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
(11-11-2014 08:32 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Today while doing a fish species survey a Bull shark swam right by me but had the decency to not eat me Ohmy Had to hose off the wetsuit extra good but that's about it.

Wow! Amazing, really. Sooo… pics? Shy

I had that happen with a bear and then a cougar once. You'll never forget.

[attachment=2380]

Carcharinus leucas. Responsible for more attacks worldwide than any other species of shark. Highest testosterone levels of any animal.

(I'm more afraid of bears than sharks by the way)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 08:37 PM
(11-11-2014 08:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Apparently you weren't worth eating.

I had my 5 mm wetsuit on and looked like a delicious pig in a blanket I want you to know Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 08:54 PM
(11-11-2014 08:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Apparently you weren't worth eating.

I had my 5 mm wetsuit on and looked like a delicious pig in a blanket I want you to know Angry

I can't believe we have to remind you twice in one thread. Pics or it didn't happen Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
11-11-2014, 08:56 PM
(11-11-2014 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:32 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Wow! Amazing, really. Sooo… pics? Shy

I had that happen with a bear and then a cougar once. You'll never forget.

Carcharinus leucas. Responsible for more attacks worldwide than any other species of shark. Highest testosterone levels of any animal.

(I'm more afraid of bears than sharks by the way)

Aw! Heart Beautiful! And even looks like it's in space. Heart Heart

Black bears are big dumb dogs, griz's are terrifying.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
11-11-2014, 09:18 PM
(11-11-2014 08:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I had my 5 mm wetsuit on and looked like a delicious pig in a blanket I want you to know Angry

I can't believe we have to remind you twice in one thread. Pics or it didn't happen Tongue

Sheesh! Here is one taken by another diver a few years ago, I'm the one in the background. So demanding!

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 09:56 PM
(11-11-2014 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  (I'm more afraid of bears than sharks by the way)

My dad just recently took the fishing trip of a lifetime to Alaska. He loves to fly fish.

I couldn't believe it when I was sent pictures of him chasing off a huge bear that was trying to get to the salmon they had caught with nothing but bear spray. Now, I always knew my dad was a tough sumamabitch, but that was awesome!!

A series of about three pictures, one with the bear approaching, another with dad holding his ground right in front of the beast, and the last one where you see the hind end of the bear rounding the bend in the river with my dad storming into the water after it with his spray. Goddamn!! (my mother was none too thrilled about the situation)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
11-11-2014, 10:02 PM
I beat Borderlands TPS. Big Grin
11-11-2014, 10:14 PM
(11-11-2014 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  (I'm more afraid of bears than sharks by the way)

My dad just recently took the fishing trip of a lifetime to Alaska. He loves to fly fish.

I couldn't believe it when I was sent pictures of him chasing off a huge bear that was trying to get to the salmon they had caught with nothing but bear spray. Now, I always knew my dad was a tough sumamabitch, but that was awesome!!

A series of about three pictures, one with the bear approaching, another with dad holding his ground right in front of the beast, and the last one where you see the hind end of the bear rounding the bend in the river with my dad storming into the water after it with his spray. Goddamn!! (my mother was none too thrilled about the situation)

Was he on kodiak island? Those are the largest grizz.

Post the pics? Curious what the bear is like. If it was a grizz then that's winning the lotto.

(11-11-2014 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  the beast

I absolutely love beasts of all kinds Heart
11-11-2014, 10:19 PM
(11-11-2014 10:14 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Was he on kodiak island? Those are the largest grizz.

Post the pics? Curious what the bear is like. If it was a grizz then that's winning the lotto.

(11-11-2014 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  the beast

I absolutely love beasts of all kinds Heart

Out of respect for my dad (he is a preacher) I'll just pm them to you. You can't see his face, but enough people out there have seen them for me to put them here.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post