Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
10-12-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Finally managed to install the wood burning stove we bought in September. We've wanted one for many years now and it's great to finally burn [s]Bibles[/b] wood.

Unfortunately we only get to use it for a week because we're moving but it will be here when we visit and move back again.

The house is currently being filled with a chemical smell but I am assuming that will pass!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 11:39 AM
(10-12-2014 09:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The house is currently being filled with a chemical smell but I am assuming that will pass!

Or you will...
Gasp

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Spoke politely to the plumber re still leaking toilet, after 2 visits and current 2 week wait.
He is coming today to 'fix"? itConfused

Now 9.55AM here I'm off to a new gym.
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
(08-12-2014 10:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 09:54 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  [Image: ive-lost-an-electron-are-you-positive-tshirt.png]

I own this shirt. I know it's kind of a dumb joke. I specifically got it so I could organically create a situation in which a funny anecdote could be created.

I was in the supermarket this morning, trying to remember which pasta sauce to get when a woman said to me in passing; "I like your shirt."

To which I responded "I know it's not funny, I'm wearing it ionic-ally."

She was confused but her kid got the joke and found it funny as fuck. That might actually make it better.

That's awesome.

I agree with my Aussie friend here. I would have died.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-12-2014, 05:07 PM
It was a good day today because I finally decided to get out of bed and join the day in progress.
[+] 1 user Likes RuthD's post
10-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Didn't strangle anyone at work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-12-2014, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 04:17 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Spoiler for Dumbing Of Age.
[Image: 2014-12-11-jealous.png]
[Image: 800px-S1e9_mabel_squee.png]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 05:31 AM
(11-12-2014 04:14 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Spoiler for Dumbing Of Age.
[Image: 2014-12-11-jealous.png]
[Image: 800px-S1e9_mabel_squee.png]

I don't get it, it is just two girls kissing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-12-2014, 05:50 AM
It's two characters I like in a webcomic potentially getting into a relationship and eventually boinking. (It's been a good couple of months for that.)

Details you probably don't care about:
It's this mornings update for an ongoing webcomic called Dumbing of Age.

The blonde, Joyce, is a christian fundamentalist who's slowly growing as a person by being exposed to new people and new idea's and shit. (I'm also fairly sure she's deeply closeted. With a gay crush on her, atheist, best friend.)

The redhead, Becky, is Joyce's childhood friend, also a fundamental christian going to a different university, who is apparently gay and also crushing on her best friend.

I know it's a small thing (probably should have gone in the "Small Things That Make You Smile" thread) but I don't care. Seeing convoluted love dodecahedrons develop makes me happy. Apparently.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 2 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 06:24 AM
(11-12-2014 05:50 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  It's two characters I like in a webcomic potentially getting into a relationship and eventually boinking. (It's been a good couple of months for that.)

Details you probably don't care about:
It's this mornings update for an ongoing webcomic called Dumbing of Age.

The blonde, Joyce, is a christian fundamentalist who's slowly growing as a person by being exposed to new people and new idea's and shit. (I'm also fairly sure she's deeply closeted. With a gay crush on her, atheist, best friend.)

The redhead, Becky, is Joyce's childhood friend, also a fundamental christian going to a different university, who is apparently gay and also crushing on her best friend.

I know it's a small thing (probably should have gone in the "Small Things That Make You Smile" thread) but I don't care. Seeing convoluted love dodecahedrons develop makes me happy. Apparently.

All I know is that ek loves these comics.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube