Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2014, 06:36 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(11-12-2014 05:50 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  It's two characters I like in a webcomic potentially getting into a relationship and eventually boinking. (It's been a good couple of months for that.)

Woo! Haven't seen this one in an *age*, glad it's still updating Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm officially a stay at home mom.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-12-2014, 08:25 PM
(11-12-2014 05:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm officially a stay at home mom.

I'm sorry for your lose.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-12-2014, 09:13 PM
(11-12-2014 08:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 05:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm officially a stay at home mom.

I'm sorry for your lose.

Lol not me. I love being a mom.
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Got my free tickets to go see the Foo Fighters and Kaizer Chiefs today....Wooohooo they cost nearly as much as my rent for my shoebox i call a room.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
12-12-2014, 05:11 PM
(11-12-2014 09:13 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm sorry for your lose.

Lol not me. I love being a mom.

Give it a year and you'll hate it.

Give it 14 years and you'll want to kill it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-12-2014, 07:26 PM
I've had a fantastic weekend.

Best part, I'll be back here more regularly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-12-2014, 11:23 PM
I finally got around (and was able to) purchase new ear jewelry. I am very excited. Soon I will be the size I want to be.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
17-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Apparently one can find happiness in the middle of hell. And then it's not really hell anymore. I have hope again, that makes this a good day deserving of my favorite color. Things are looking up. This is a weekend I'll remember the rest of my life. I have cried more this past week than I have in the past five years.

Work went quite well, for once. My weekend started off terribly with a patient my age having an intraop stroke. Initially we thought she would never recover her speech or the function of the left side of her body or be able to swallow. The day shift nurse told her it was ok to be angry, and to use that anger to fight. She apparently took it literally and fought me that night, but she also started using the left side of her body - FUCK YEAH!! She was sleeping when I left her yesterday morning, so I wrote on her board "What the mind can conceive, it can achieve." Yesterday afternoon she was walking unassisted around the unit prior to being moved out to step down. I cried. I saw her fiancé and mother on the elevator this morning and they started crying when they saw me and raving about how well she was doing and they were on their way to the cafe to get her a smoothie.

My other patient for the past several nights called out to speak to the charge nurse at 3 am after I initiated a new IV - she had absolute shit for veins and wanted it in her teeny tiny hand and I had to get at least an 18g. (First stick! Cause I'm a pro). Typically, a patient calls the charge with the intention of firing their bedside nurse. I had been busting my ass for her to keep her very OCD personality comfortable and give her much needed moral support all weekend while counting down the hours until she would go for a VAD or a heart - what could I have possibly done to upset her?! Not only did she compliment me to the charge (who writes my evaluation), but she made a point to tell the intensivist, surgeon, and PA about my supreme awesomeness Cool (my words, not hers Tongue). She then demanded that I be her nurse postop. I took her down to the OR, got some sleep while her surgery went perfectly (although she didn't get a heart), and then came back to recover her. I extubated her ten minutes before shift change this morning. It was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Had to share before I pass out for a few hours and drive home. Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
17-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Maybe this should be in the ranting section, I am confused.

I am actually happy to be home already because I have a migraine. Work sucks so bad lately that coming home to take an Imitrex to try to fight this pain is a better option that staying at the office.

Yeesh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat