Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-02-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Earmuffs. normally Id agree with you. A year isnt a super long time. But when you know you know! There is nothing normal about him.

You've spoken to my mister several times as a matter of fact, if you couldn't tell how awesome he is you're blind. Tongue Besides I would be the one for more likely to have chopped up people hiding somewhere. Near couldn't hurt a fly.

Chas....it is one of my many precious...es?

Moms: yes cake!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 10:43 PM
(11-02-2015 05:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So you could say technically you never know a person.

^This. I don't think that you can ever really and truly know a person. And if you ever make the mistake of thinking you do know 'em, they up and change on you. Tongue

Anyway, when it comes to trusting someone, my take on it is to: 1. Always do your homework (what do others think of this person? if a lot of people are telling you a lot of bad things, you need to walk away) 2. Look for inconsistencies (does what they say line up with what they do? if you find that these two are constantly in conflict with one another, walk away) 3. Trust your instincts!!!

But you all probably know all those things. I was late to the game on them. Shy

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-02-2015, 10:59 PM
(11-02-2015 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're missing one key difference. Time period.
It's normal for old people not to know eachother. The only reason old people got married is because of social pressure and inheritance disputes.

Today people get together because they have a shared interest in things and genuinely enjoy each others company. So the time it takes to actually get to know them is a lot less, however still more than a year but not as many as 34 years.

See what I'm saying.

Old people?

How old is old?

Two women are having a heated argument.
The voices get louder and then insults start to fly.
Suddenly the first yells to the second, “You stupid old twat!”

A hush falls over the two.
Seconds seem like hours.

Finally, with lips trembling the second one asks, “Who are you calling old?”

Age, never bring it up to a woman.
[Image: TpQlBa0.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-02-2015, 08:27 AM
(11-02-2015 09:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're missing one key difference. Time period.
It's normal for old people not to know eachother. The only reason old people got married is because of social pressure and inheritance disputes.

Today people get together because they have a shared interest in things and genuinely enjoy each others company. So the time it takes to actually get to know them is a lot less, however still more than a year but not as many as 34 years.

See what I'm saying.

No no no. BTK is recent history - not like it was an arranged marriage. You'd have a point if it were 75 years ago, but it wasn't. They were post free love hippie generation, married in the 1970s. They knew each other. Actually, she didn't know him......but that doesn't correlate to time period. It's more of - do you REALLY know who's been in your bed the past ten, twenty, thirty years?

That being said, one year is more than sufficient to figure out most people, depending on communication and quality time with a person. I can say with confidence I know the man I shacked up with the past 11. I've got a pretty good read on the guy I shacked up with the other night - thought he'd be good in bed, I was right, and I'm 95% confident he's not relationship material for me (or probably any woman), still a successful date, though, we both got what we wanted out of it. Drinking Beverage

You say that but you don't know for 100% certainty that he doesn't have a secret basement family somewhere.

Quote:Old people?

How old is old?

I dunno, 30+?

Quote:Besides I would be the one for more likely to have chopped up people hiding somewhere.

Consider You raise a valid point oh vertically challenged one.

[Image: oscar.png]
12-02-2015, 08:37 AM
(11-02-2015 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How old is old?

5 or more years older than I am at any point

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
12-02-2015, 01:14 PM
(12-02-2015 08:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How old is old?

5 or more years older than I am at any point

Rolleyes Alla youse is whippersnappers unless you're Chas, and there is only one Chas.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-02-2015, 01:19 PM
(12-02-2015 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 08:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  5 or more years older than I am at any point

Rolleyes Alla youse is whippersnappers unless you're Chas, and there is only one Chas.

You make a venerable argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-02-2015, 01:26 PM
(12-02-2015 01:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes Alla youse is whippersnappers unless you're Chas, and there is only one Chas.

You make a venerable argument. Drinking Beverage

At least it's not a venereal one Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Knowing I made liquid come out of someone's nose with an off handed remark ... in public, apparently.

Every moment of struggle in my life has culminated in this victory and I am humbled. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
12-02-2015, 09:28 PM
The difference with Chas is though that he's not old. Chas is timeless so he can't be old because old implies you're getting to the end of your tether. It's like saying the Earth's old. It's not old because it still has billions of years to go yet, it's probably a teenager or whatever.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post