Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I was out of work yesterday due to migraine. I was still in postdrome all of today as I worked. Couldn't even do a full shift. Still in it.

But I caught up and did all my work. Every single piece. And even got ahead.

BOOM! In yo faces, coworkers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 10:10 PM
(27-02-2015 12:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I got offered a promotion on Monday, which I promptly accepted. My supervisor got promoted, which left a vacancy for me. I'm stoked as this is an early, but significant step in the right direction and the pay bump is a huge help.

Out of professional curiosity, did having an ITIL qualification contribute anything to your supervisor decision?

The short answer is 'no'. The government organization I am contracted through requires all contractors (on my contract) to get ITIL certified - from the lowliest Service Desk sub-contractor, to the Program Manager. One thing I just realized is I will be required to get next level of ITIL at some point. Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
28-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Can I express, in any adequate way, how much I love Bed, Bath and Beyond?

We received our meager tax refund last week, so I asked nicely for hubby to take me there, because we desperately were in need of sheets for our bed. I already "priced" them at Macy's and they would cost us around $300. Blink Our bed is difficult, it's a California King and has an extra deep mattress so regular sheets never fit properly. Dodgy

Begrudgenly, he took me today. I got two sets of sheets that will somewhat go with our current comforter, a new shower curtain for the boys bathroom, four bath towels, two hand towels, four washcloths, rings for the new shower curtain (just in case), 2 toothpaste/toothbrush holders, 2 soap dishes (all coordinate color-wise with the new shower curtain), 4 steak knives and a new vegetable peeler. All that for a little less than the one set of sheets would have cost me at Macy's.

I am a very happy girl tonight. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Spending the day with my favorite person. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
28-02-2015, 09:38 PM
(28-02-2015 08:58 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Spending the day with my favorite person. Heart

Days alone are great, aren't they?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
28-02-2015, 09:52 PM
(28-02-2015 09:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 08:58 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Spending the day with my favorite person. Heart

Silly Free Thought. Big Grin Hug

But yeah, days alone are rather awesome as well. Yes

01-03-2015, 11:12 PM
(27-02-2015 10:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...
One thing I just realized is I will be required to get next level of ITIL at some point. Facepalm

Lemme know if you need my help.

Not so much about the knowledge... more about exam technique.

Thumbsup

02-03-2015, 12:22 AM
(01-03-2015 11:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...
One thing I just realized is I will be required to get next level of ITIL at some point. Facepalm

Lemme know if you need my help.

Not so much about the knowledge... more about exam technique.

Thumbsup

I don't really know what you mean by that, but thanks Big Grin With the way our contract works, just moving into a new year (from contract re-up) and all, I could theoretically avoid it for up to two years, but more than likely I think I will take it summer/autumn of this year.

02-03-2015, 07:34 AM
(28-02-2015 09:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I have taught you well young grasshopper.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-03-2015, 07:43 AM
(28-02-2015 08:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can I express, in any adequate way, how much I love Bed, Bath and Beyond?

We received our meager tax refund last week, so I asked nicely for hubby to take me there, because we desperately were in need of sheets for our bed. I already "priced" them at Macy's and they would cost us around $300. Blink Our bed is difficult, it's a California King and has an extra deep mattress so regular sheets never fit properly. Dodgy

Begrudgenly, he took me today. I got two sets of sheets that will somewhat go with our current comforter, a new shower curtain for the boys bathroom, four bath towels, two hand towels, four washcloths, rings for the new shower curtain (just in case), 2 toothpaste/toothbrush holders, 2 soap dishes (all coordinate color-wise with the new shower curtain), 4 steak knives and a new vegetable peeler. All that for a little less than the one set of sheets would have cost me at Macy's.

I am a very happy girl tonight. Heart

Who in their right mind would have/want a "California king" bed.
You have to "go looking for 'em" (as in someone/anyone...else, in the same bed). Blush .. Confused .. Angel .. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post