Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Made a surprise call to a dear friend...had a wonderful conversation...made me smile. Big Grin

And I didn't choke anyone at work today...this is becoming more and more difficult. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2015, 05:35 PM
With the weather warming up outside (81F right now), it's certainly made for a more scenic work commute - flowers, green leaves on the trees, couples walking their dogs, and sweaty men wearing nothing but their tiny running shorts and tennis shoes. Big Grin Totally appreciating the benefits of cardiovascular fitness this evening - thanks fellas for improving the lives of everyone in your vicinity Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-05-2015, 02:11 AM
Well... I managed to do my chem today without help. ...(relative to the usual amount that is...)

I also managed to not totally be worthless on my test. My score sucked, but I was expecting worse, so I'll take it as a.good thing.

I also had a nice time watching captive double-barred finches...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Two reasons...work has been awesome, and I just ate a delicious sammich. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-05-2015, 10:55 AM
So I've been gone a lot recently, mostly to catch up and get ready for finals. I spent two weeks in the library with my thermo book and my surveying notes. After finals I left for a road trip with my fiancé. But now I'm de-stressed, since I got my grades.

3.54 semester GPA! Here I come professional school!
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
13-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Hmm. Let's see if I can put my finger on why this was a good day, because I certainly *feel* happy.

Instead of being devastated over yesterday afternoon's events, I actually feel...relieved. I finally got to say my piece and find some peace with it all... make sense of everything that's happened.

I actually went to sleep with a smile on my face. You know how there are certain people that are just...a breath of fresh air?

I woke up refreshed this morning. I also just went for a six mile (just shy of 10K) run.

Life is so much better front this vantage point. It's like being in the Smokies when the fog clears.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
13-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Well ... I got the lawn mowed and it's just starting to sprinkle, signaling the monster rain storm that is threatening to last through the weekend. I guess that's good, so far.

Of course, I have to drive in this crap so ... guess I'll find out later how good "good" is. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Got a good deal on some beers today. Sitting down watching football on TV and having a beer.....nice.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
13-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Actually this happened last week...I am trying not to be too giddy about it.

One of the women at work who has treated me like absolute shit since the day I started the job put in her two-week notice.

In another week I don't have to deal with her miserable self ever again. And it appears that some of her little mean girls squad will be leaving too. Maybe things are looking up just a bit. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm beginning to understand something.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces