Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(14-06-2015 12:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ol' Thumpy looks quite distinguished Big Grin

Back in Texas, we call it "puttin' on airs". T-shirts and jeans are much more my speed. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-06-2015, 05:08 AM
(14-06-2015 01:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 12:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ol' Thumpy looks quite distinguished Big Grin

Back in Texas, we call it "puttin' on airs". T-shirts and jeans are much more my speed. Smile

Well ya looked sharp. Reminds me of a song Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
14-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Y'all are too kind. Thanks. Smile
14-06-2015, 11:02 AM
(13-06-2015 09:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm in California right now, and it's not a great day for me, but the reason why I came out here, my son's graduation, was the other day, and I'm still gassed about that. He's in the center, his mother's on the right, and yours truly is the leftover:

[Image: 2isxp2o.jpg]

Congratulations to him! Thumbsup

So Thumps ... is that an honors cord on your boy's gown?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-06-2015, 12:46 PM
(14-06-2015 11:02 AM)kim Wrote:  Congratulations to him! Thumbsup

So Thumps ... is that an honors cord on your boy's gown?

Indeed it is. Honors, and National Forensic League / Speech and Debate honors as well. Of course, we already knew he could argue to beat the band. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Got the keys to my new pad this morning!!!!!!

Worked last night and tonight...I can't sleep...too excited...only two hours of sleep...getting up in an hour Hobo

This time next week I'll be sippin on a daiquiri by the pool! Cool must add new blender to shopping list...

I'm in walking distance to restaurants and a cute little pub and a wine shop and have lots of sidewalk and neighborhoods so I can go for long runs and a 24 hour fitness center and my patio is poolside so I can totally perv on my hot neighbors!!! Tons of social activities in the area to meet new people. 15 mins from work. Safe community. Close enough to split the cost of an Uber to get downtown without breaking the bank. Oh my god I have my own space again!!!

I start moving in my stuff tomorrow after work!!! Big Grin

Ok. Going back to bed now.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
16-06-2015, 07:43 AM
This morning just before shift change I had one of those pivotal career moments I'll never forget that make all the bullshit worth it. I don't get emotional too often, but I'm crying tears of relief.

Best moment of my career, actually.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
16-06-2015, 08:28 AM
(16-06-2015 07:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  This morning just before shift change I had one of those pivotal career moments I'll never forget that make all the bullshit worth it. I don't get emotional too often, but I'm crying tears of relief.

So what happened ... you can't not tell us now !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Congrats on both counts, Nursey.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2015, 10:28 AM
(16-06-2015 08:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 07:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  This morning just before shift change I had one of those pivotal career moments I'll never forget that make all the bullshit worth it. I don't get emotional too often, but I'm crying tears of relief.

So what happened ... you can't not tell us now !

Sorry. I did leave that kinda vague...

Patient less than 40, unknown cause of cardiac arrest at home, therapeutic hypothermia induced, v-fib arrest on the unit. Really fucking difficult and kept trying to die on me two nights in a row. Finally stabled out early this am around 0200 (went from norepinephrine at 30 mcg/min to off in three hours). Went from 12 drips to 4 by shift change. At 0600, sedation off. 0615 - pt alert - neuro intact. Fucking completely neuro intact - completely unexpected. Normal sinus rhythm, rare ectopy. Was probably extubated an hour after I left, he passed his spontaneous breathing trial.

I love a good outcome. After working so many futile hypothermias, this was a breath of fresh air - most I've had in similar circumstances become organ donors or live only to go rot in a nursing home with very little brain function.

[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post