Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
16-06-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(16-06-2015 10:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 08:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So what happened ... you can't not tell us now !

Sorry. I did leave that kinda vague...

Patient less than 40, unknown cause of cardiac arrest at home, therapeutic hypothermia induced, v-fib arrest on the unit. Really fucking difficult and kept trying to die on me two nights in a row. Finally stabled out early this am around 0200 (went from norepinephrine at 30 mcg/min to off in three hours). Went from 12 drips to 4 by shift change. At 0600, sedation off. 0615 - pt alert - neuro intact. Fucking completely neuro intact - completely unexpected. Normal sinus rhythm, rare ectopy. Was probably extubated an hour after I left, he passed his spontaneous breathing trial.

I love a good outcome. After working so many futile hypothermias, this was a breath of fresh air - most I've had in similar circumstances become organ donors or live only to go rot in a nursing home with very little brain function.

Whew. I thought you were gonna say he arrested on you after the drips were D/C'd. I had two "fun ones" recently. They decided they want me to "get out" of the office occasionally and I have to go hand out "pt experience" surveys to certain ones, if they get (randomly) selected. (They said it was a temp assignment, and asked if I'd mind). Shit, for what they pay me I'd pretty much do anything. (I still don't get why "analysts" make more than QA nurses (???) but we do. I know they wanted someone ... ummm, "personable" to do it, as a national firm gets them to tally, and it gets reported to TJC. So 1. I get this world famous composer, and we had a long talk, and no one really even knew who he was (fucking dumb shits in Ca). His wife says "You are the ONLY one who actually mentioned his work to him, and gets who he is". So she starts crying. Blush That was cool. #2. This really nice order lady from Bev Hills was all alone ... no one at all had come to visit her. No one. I can't tell you her name, but when I realized who she was, ... Jesus H. Christ. An old star from the old Hollywood days. We literally gabbed for hours. I took her down and outside for coffee. I have a new "girlfriend". Yes .. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Got tickets for my first free thought con!

Seth, Matt dilahunty, and Aronra are all speakers.

Cool!
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
16-06-2015, 04:09 PM
(16-06-2015 04:07 PM)natachan Wrote:  Got tickets for my first free thought con!

Seth, Matt dilahunty, and Aronra are all speakers.

Cool!

That rascally Australian! Selling *tickets* to get conned by him nogal. Jassus!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-06-2015, 06:11 AM
What's a nogal?
17-06-2015, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2015 06:40 AM by Free Thought.)
(17-06-2015 06:11 AM)natachan Wrote:  What's a nogal?

My tireless research has lead me to be belief that it is some kind of tree.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-06-2015, 06:36 AM
(17-06-2015 06:11 AM)natachan Wrote:  What's a nogal?

Ah... er... it's an Afrikaans phrase. Hard to translate (especially 'cos I don't speak Afrikaans Tongue) but it means something like "indeed", "on top of everything"...

ETA: The g is pronounced as ch in Scottish 'loch'... Otherwise it just sounds silly Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-06-2015, 11:39 PM
They're nearly done with interviews at the workplace. I was told I will soon be able to take off practically whenever I want! Just as soon as they get someone hired, trained, & qualified who actually will stick around and put up with their bullshit. Then, I was cornered into goining in early an extra night this week ... meaning tomorrow night.

One minute, someone's after my job ... the next minute, pigs fly out of my manager's ass. Business as usual. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-06-2015, 01:46 AM
Actually, my doctor put the fear of the Great Spaghetti Monster into me today. I have the distinct feeling i will be told, once again, I have 8 weeks to live. This will happen at 11 am Eastern Standard Australian Time tomorrow, Friday 19 June.

So no, today was not a good day.

I may order a Thai meal for dinner. That'll improve it. Beats the shit out of the canned soup I was going to heat up.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Got to read Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra all the way through. Got to play the big bass clarinet solo four times.
23-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Yesterday I worked my first midnight release!!! We had intense Batman trivia and a PS4 Injustice tournament to keep everyone entertained while they waited on Arkham Knight. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post