Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Started up work again, which is keeping me pretty occupied. That, along with writing, reading, and maneuvering around two lovely ladies is getting me pretty tired. Been browsing this place more often. I'm finally feeling like I have come back to a place where I am happy.

Today has been fantastic, and I hope it's the same for all of you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
24-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Last night was my son's first time spending the night with me in my new apartment. Today hung out at the pool, went to Rain Forest Cafe (his first time being there), and then I got him an iPad mini so we can skype when we're apart.

He said it was the best day ever. Heart I took tons of pictures of him at the restaurant to help him remember this week - gonna make sure and put pics of us on his iPad. It may not be Disney World, (his dad is making it a surprise), but it was a happy time with Mom.

The restaurant and pics were suggestions by the therapist. This lady is awesome - fiercely strong woman - who would have thought me and a hijab-wearing Muslim would get along so well?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
24-06-2015, 08:51 PM
(24-06-2015 08:29 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Last night was my son's first time spending the night with me in my new apartment. Today hung out at the pool, went to Rain Forest Cafe (his first time being there), and then I got him an iPad mini so we can skype when we're apart.

He said it was the best day ever. Heart I took tons of pictures of him at the restaurant to help him remember this week - gonna make sure and put pics of us on his iPad. It may not be Disney World, (his dad is making it a surprise), but it was a happy time with Mom.

The restaurant and pics were suggestions by the therapist. This lady is awesome - fiercely strong woman - who would have thought me and a hijab-wearing Muslim would get along so well?

He should be immensely proud to have you as a parent. I know I would.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Passed thesis defence, got 5 for the thesis and 5 for the defence. Now PhD awaits Smile

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
25-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Re: Why was today a good day thread
I just got child support. Back support, dating back years from the mostly absent one.

So I took the kids to the book store. Today we'll probably get new shoes. We'll pick out real furniture for my daughter's bedroom for her birthday in a month. I mean a nice clothes rack, wooden dresser, and toybox instead of plastic drawers and tubs.(The other kid already has a nice set from a birthday a couple years ago.) We can get a major appliance that we're lacking. I'm debating on a new swingset that's big enough. Yes, I'm quite pleased today. And yes, most of it is safely put up for the future.
[+] 5 users Like mecanna's post
25-06-2015, 12:14 PM
(25-06-2015 07:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Passed thesis defence, got 5 for the thesis and 5 for the defence. Now PhD awaits Smile

I knew you would Smile
25-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Found frames I like almost immediately! YAY! And I can pick my new glasses in a little bit instead of the week or so it usually takes. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
26-06-2015, 01:13 AM
(25-06-2015 12:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 07:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Passed thesis defence, got 5 for the thesis and 5 for the defence. Now PhD awaits Smile

I knew you would Smile

Thanks for the confidence, I was somewhat nervous, though it went without problems.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-06-2015, 01:19 AM
Good company and good food make for a great day.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-06-2015, 08:41 AM
(26-06-2015 01:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Good company and good food make for a great day.

Especially if somebody else is paying.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post