Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

First - I will not shop there any more as what they offer is next to nothing now.

Second - In the future when I do a book purge the books will go to the garage sale to raise money for the exotic cat rescue here in town. I would rather they get something than me get the shaft.

But - then when to cash in a scratch ticket that I thought I had won $50.00 on and it was actually a $100.00 ticket...happy dance. Bought $25.00 worth of tickets and got $30.00 back.

Thumbsup Even with the screwing at HPB - I have nearly $100.00 more than I had yesterday.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 08:38 PM by Nurse.)
Two bitches down!

Sooo two of the nurses that I hate the most are leaving! The one that gave me grief yesterday - tonight is her last night.

The other one that is hateful is leaving at the end of summer - she's got a busy assignment - sucks for her. I ain't doin shit to help unless somebody starts to crash. Even then - oh, there are three people in the room? You got this - I'm out. Never pays to be a hateful bitch.

I've made progress with nurse anal warts - she and I get along just fine these days. Also made progress with another catty lady. No probs with her.

Just oooone more to go on night shift and I'll be golden. The rest I can handle with the clique dissolved.

Day shift is a different story - fuck day shift. You'd have to pay me shift diff just to deal with those hussies. Like I'd need at least a $6 raise to even consider it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
28-06-2015, 12:38 AM
(27-06-2015 01:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

First - I will not shop there any more as what they offer is next to nothing now.

Second - In the future when I do a book purge the books will go to the garage sale to raise money for the exotic cat rescue here in town. I would rather they get something than me get the shaft.

But - then when to cash in a scratch ticket that I thought I had won $50.00 on and it was actually a $100.00 ticket...happy dance. Bought $25.00 worth of tickets and got $30.00 back.

Thumbsup Even with the screwing at HPB - I have nearly $100.00 more than I had yesterday.

Glad your day came out so well, ma'am.

In Ventura County, the main branch library had a little used-book kiosk whose proceeds went 100% to the local Friends of the Library. Moving back home, I donated seven or eight milk-crates full of books. Talk about a good feeling!

Do they have anything like that where you are?
28-06-2015, 12:48 AM
(28-06-2015 12:38 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 01:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

Glad your day came out so well, ma'am.

In Ventura County, the main branch library had a little used-book kiosk whose proceeds went 100% to the local Friends of the Library. Moving back home, I donated seven or eight milk-crates full of books. Talk about a good feeling!

Do they have anything like that where you are?

When we moved to TX, I loaded up the library in our old town. I have also donated to the library here.

But I think I will support http://www.insyncexotics.com/ next time around. I have actually purchased books at their annual garage sale before. In Sync is just a couple miles from my house and they deserve the support.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I enjoyed my 4th of july. Got sushi for breakfast, and i got to see a movie again and enjoyed fireworks. You know, america ain't so bad. Sure it has bad but it has its good. Who knows i might like it before I leave

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
05-07-2015, 02:23 AM
(18-06-2015 01:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Actually, my doctor put the fear of the Great Spaghetti Monster into me today. I have the distinct feeling i will be told, once again, I have 8 weeks to live. This will happen at 11 am Eastern Standard Australian Time tomorrow, Friday 19 June.

So no, today was not a good day.

I may order a Thai meal for dinner. That'll improve it. Beats the shit out of the canned soup I was going to heat up.

Well, tomorrow will be a good day, because that's when you'll tell him to go hammer sand up his ass with that prognosis.
05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
The author of my favorite urban fantasy series finally updated her blog again. She is not dead! I am so excite! Weeping She says the next book in the Downside Ghosts series is tentatively set to come out in February of 2016.

I can't... I can't even express... Hobo

So excite! Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
05-07-2015, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 03:54 PM by Anjele.)
We have an old birdbath that was left here by the previous owner. It had a tall fountain in the center of it but the pump quit working so we removed that part. We were still using it as a bird bath the last couple years but it has developed cracks and leaks that we can't patch any more.

It weighs a ton so getting rid of it was going to be a challenge. So it has a new purpose. With it being mid-season, plants were cheap.

[img][Image: Planter_zps0rz4tuzk.jpg][/img]

Will see which plants work out and which don't so this is still a work in progress. But I think it looks pretty good.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-07-2015, 03:36 PM
(05-07-2015 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have an old birdbath that was left here by the previous owner. It had a tall fountain in the center of it but the pump quit working so we removed that part. We were still using it as a bird bath the last couple years but it has developed cracks and leaks that we can't patch any more.

It weighs a ton so getting rid of it was going to be a challenge. So it has a new purpose. With it being mid-season, plants were cheap.

[img][Image: Planter_zps0rz4tuzk.jpg][/img]

Will see which plants work out and which don't so this is still a work in progress. But I think it look pretty good.

I don't know much about plants, but something that hangs over the sides might look cool. Smile
05-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I decided, after much mental back and forth to start a collaborative blog between me and a very dear friend of mine (Whom chooses to be anonymous). I am moving some posts of mine to there (with further edits and revisions as given the length of time that has passed) along with adding new stuff that would give everyone that reads it a clearer view of what is going on in the head of this teenager. Names will be changed to protect privacy, unless it is my business.

Points of Two

^Blog title and link to it, if you are interested. So far I am the only one posting anything, but there will be content from the other person coming shortly.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.