Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(30-08-2015 12:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Audition one of three this week: done! Got bravos on my way out, so I think I did pretty well.

Awesome! Big Grin

I awoke to a text that said "We'd love to have you in the band!"

So I am joining a band for the first time in nearly 30 years as usually I work freelance. This band wants to help me rebuild my chops. I will mainly be a percussionist and on occasion, the drummer. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 03:26 PM
(31-08-2015 12:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  But umm...this guy...is ummm not...he's a friend. Friend zone. Definitely. Friend. Zone. I'm just excited to have a friend. Undecided Blush

Poor guy. Blush

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
07-09-2015, 03:52 PM
(07-09-2015 03:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 12:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Audition one of three this week: done! Got bravos on my way out, so I think I did pretty well.

Awesome! Big Grin

So I am joining a band for the first time in nearly 30 years as usually I work freelance. This band wants to help me rebuild my chops. I will mainly be a percussionist and on occasion, the drummer. Smile

That sounds like it will be fun, and a good way to get your skills up to speed. Congratulations!

As it turns out, I made two of my three auditions. I was happy because I achieved my personal goal for the week of playing consistently under pressure. I used to be terrible at auditions and now I am much more focused and don't let nerves get the best of me.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
(07-09-2015 03:52 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 03:24 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Awesome! Big Grin

That sounds like it will be fun, and a good way to get your skills up to speed. Congratulations!

As it turns out, I made two of my three auditions. I was happy because I achieved my personal goal for the week of playing consistently under pressure. I used to be terrible at auditions and now I am much more focused and don't let nerves get the best of me.

That's fantastic. Let us know how you went. It sounds like you did great if they cheered as you left. Smile

Banjo.
07-09-2015, 04:26 PM
(07-09-2015 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 03:52 PM)julep Wrote:  That sounds like it will be fun, and a good way to get your skills up to speed. Congratulations!

That's fantastic. Let us know how you went. It sounds like you did great if they cheered as you left. Smile

I'm going to have a busy fall, for sure, and get to play in some fun groups!

This was the solo piece that I played at all three auditions. It gets quite flashy at about the 3:30 mark to the end. (not a video of me, but my tempos and interpretation are similar)

[+] 3 users Like julep's post
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Very cool Julep! Thanks for sharing.

Banjo.
07-09-2015, 05:28 PM
(07-09-2015 04:26 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That's fantastic. Let us know how you went. It sounds like you did great if they cheered as you left. Smile

I'm going to have a busy fall, for sure, and get to play in some fun groups!

This was the solo piece that I played at all three auditions. It gets quite flashy at about the 3:30 mark to the end. (not a video of me, but my tempos and interpretation are similar)

Beautiful!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Daughter had a great visit with the counselor. The counselor's very pleased with her progress. Big Grin

Also really hit the pavement today with looking for a place to rent. I've got some good promising leads going. Feeling good. And excited. Can't wait for Revs to get here. Heart

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
08-09-2015, 07:38 PM
A student played on TV today. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
09-09-2015, 03:39 PM
I just had one of those days that I will remember the rest of my life. I don't remember the last time I felt this free.

I may have over 100 mosquito bites (not exaggerating - in a 6"x6" section of my thigh I have 19 mosquito bites...I stopped counting after that. Not too thrilled about the ones on my face), a sunburn, and possibly will develop a rash from poison oak and ivy, but it was so worth it. Next time I'll be prepared with bug spray, pants, and sunscreen.

Used a jet ski as a mode of transportation to go to a centuries old HUGE abandoned slaughter house. It was creepy as fuck (I said "this looks like the start of a really fucked up horror movie" and he replied "oh, it's been used for that before"), had beautiful rooms with trees growing in them, and then we hung out on the roof and looked over downtown and talked for hours. He picked me up from work this morning and I only just now got home. Saw a lot of other cool areas and tiny waterfalls, too.

Now that I've been up for 24 hours after working 5 in a row (last two were absolute shit), I'm in my PJs in my bed. It feels sooooo good.

Also, in less than one week I'm flying out to meet Stark. It's going to be EPIC. I can't fucking wait! I'm so excited!!!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post