Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(09-09-2015 03:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I just had one of those days that I will remember the rest of my life. I don't remember the last time I felt this free.

I may have over 100 mosquito bites (not exaggerating - in a 6"x6" section of my thigh I have 19 mosquito bites...I stopped counting after that. Not too thrilled about the ones on my face), a sunburn, and possibly will develop a rash from poison oak and ivy, but it was so worth it. Next time I'll be prepared with bug spray, pants, and sunscreen.

Used a jet ski as a mode of transportation to go to a centuries old HUGE abandoned slaughter house. It was creepy as fuck (I said "this looks like the start of a really fucked up horror movie" and he replied "oh, it's been used for that before"), had beautiful rooms with trees growing in them, and then we hung out on the roof and looked over downtown and talked for hours. He picked me up from work this morning and I only just now got home. Saw a lot of other cool areas and tiny waterfalls, too.

Now that I've been up for 24 hours after working 5 in a row (last two were absolute shit), I'm in my PJs in my bed. It feels sooooo good.

Also, in less than one week I'm flying out to meet Stark. It's going to be EPIC. I can't fucking wait! I'm so excited!!!

So glad you had a good day. Big Grin And I am excited for you to go meet Stark too - we needs lot of pictures for the forum! Hobo Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Super successful mushroom hunt today!

I found a plethora of Pleurotus ostreatus (oyster mushrooms)

[Image: 11999551_10207619163656470_512143461943606541_o.jpg]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Octapulse's post
12-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Sipping on a pumpkin spice latte as it's now that time of year. Big Grin

So yesterday afternoon I signed my divorce papers. I thought it was going to be awful and I'd be a teary mess, but the attorney had me and the witness laughing. It was a nice distraction. If already read through the paperwork multiple times, asked a thousand questions, many I already knew the answers to, I just wanted to be comfortable and confidant before signing.

My brother had me and my son over to his house last night so I wouldn't be alone after my son went to bed. My brother, his ex-not ex-ex-not ex girlfriend, my teenage nephew, and my brother's roommate were all there. We had the best time. I brought over Risk, but my nephew had Cards Against Humanity so we played that instead. Most of last night's tears were from laughing so hard - I won because as they put it, I'm a terrible person. Laugh out load My brother said, "See, life could be much worse than this. You could be living under a bridge drinking mountain thunder. You are my beautiful, logical sister and I love you." Also, I woke up sans hangover because I just sipped on a pink champagne cocktail last night.

It still hurts, but not as much as it used to.

Tonight I'm going to a fundraiser for the upcoming American Heart Assiciation Heart Walk that the nurses on my unit are throwing. One of the attendings donated a keg. Afterwards, we are going downtown for a 30th birthday party.

Plus, I got out of participating in the cult candlelight ceremony tonight. Got out of the entire weekend.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
12-09-2015, 01:45 PM
A happy Nurse is a good thing. Hug

(12-09-2015 01:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  his ex-not ex-ex-not ex girlfriend

Is that the new math? Laugh out load

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-09-2015, 02:14 PM
(12-09-2015 01:45 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A happy Nurse is a good thing. Hug

(12-09-2015 01:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  his ex-not ex-ex-not ex girlfriend

Is that the new math? Laugh out load

Thought it was a more accurate description than the cliche "it's complicated." Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
12-09-2015, 02:19 PM
(12-09-2015 02:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Thought it was a more accurate description than the cliche "it's complicated." Tongue

Yer liable for the replacement cost for the springs in mai brain that just went sprong! Laugh out load

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-09-2015, 07:58 PM
After enduring the humidity of my first southern summer, today the air carried a slight crisp chill and a stirring breeze. The harbinger of my favorite time of year. O sweet relief!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
15-09-2015, 09:41 PM
HOUSEOFCANTOR GIFTED ME HATOFUL BOYFRIEND ON STEAM AND I AM CRYING I AM SO HAPPY
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
17-09-2015, 11:13 AM
I just bought this. And, yes, it is delicious!!!
[Image: 05A9A5EE-E511-4CF2-8643-46D0582A7A4A_zpsq8kpc21d.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
19-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Still house/apartment/townhome/duplex-hunting and yesterday was a total bust. Rode with a girl from a leasing company to 4 different units in the Baylor area and they were all trashy and/or infested. Got real discouraged, but honestly those were below my price-range, so at least I got an idea of what I'd get in exchange for cheaper rent.

Today, though - today I went and looked at apartments that are right on budget and had a good experience. People I talked to were nice. There was one place that was a little over my price range actually so I marked them off but at the end of the day, I had two places that would work for us if need be. Gonna put in an app to one of the complexes (the floorplan for the available units there will suit our needs a bit better). Feeling so much more optimistic and energized after today's hunt. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post