Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
My son turns 18 today! Now we have three adults in the house.

He's a high school senior, headed for college next year to double-major in graphic design and music. He is a great person, kind and creative, a fantastic musician and artist. I'm immensely proud of him.

Big thank-yous to the doctors, therapists, teachers, friends and family members, and mentors who have helped him figure out how to navigate a world that's not always welcoming to people with autism. My son has worked hard and reaped great benefits from that expertise.

(And big fuck-yous--to family who weren't supportive when we could have really used physical and emotional help, and, most of all, to one set of doctors who told us our son would never be able to understand an abstract concept or hold a "normal" conversation. We are so glad that we didn't take your suggestions, Family and Doctors. Last years my son's courses included physics and algebra/trig (and after being on the honor roll for most of high school, he got his first set of straight As). And he has three books that can be checked out at our public library. And his next concert, upcoming in a couple of weeks, is at Boston's Symphony Hall.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like julep's post
02-10-2015, 02:25 PM
YESTERDAY I WENT TO MY FIRST WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP MEETING

PROMOTION TO MANAGER STATUS, HERE I COME
[+] 8 users Like Ferdinand's post
02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
(02-10-2015 02:25 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  YESTERDAY I WENT TO MY FIRST WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP MEETING

PROMOTION TO MANAGER STATUS, HERE I COME

Good luck!!
02-10-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm down in Destin, Florida enjoying white, soft sandy beaches and crystal clear warm water with some good stiff drinks thrown in the mix. Plus, I ate at Tijuana Flatts and got my name on the wall by taking down their hot sauce challenge of 1.5 million scoville unit capsaicin extract!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
02-10-2015, 08:11 PM
(02-10-2015 08:00 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  I'm down in Destin, Florida enjoying white, soft sandy beaches and crystal clear warm water with some good stiff drinks thrown in the mix. Plus, I ate at Tijuana Flatts and got my name on the wall by taking down their hot sauce challenge of 1.5 million scoville unit capsaicin extract!

Congratulations! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-10-2015, 08:17 PM
I still breath of just barely. There is still hope.
02-10-2015, 09:37 PM
This is gonna by kind of long-winded... I apologize in advance!
After spending a year outside of a management job, and just being a warehouse worker (with no real responsibilities... Bleh), I got a job offer from a construction/waterproofing company that my brother works for. I went and met with the superintendent I'll be training under today, thinking that it would be like an interview. Well, the guy turns out to be just friggin' awesome, and rather than interviewing me, he was telling me how great the company was, and how excited he is to work with me. I can't tell you guys how amazing it feels to not only get a job offered to you, but also to have respect and responsibilities at work. This past year I've just felt like shit about myself, since I was previously the operations manager of a small company that I left because the owners were financially unstable. I feel like I'm back on track again. I'm only 21, but I've got a wife and child, so i want to get in a career with upward mobility and transferable trade skills. I'm so damn excited I could dance. Banana_zorro

...but I won't, because that would be stupid. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like EppurSiMuove's post
06-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I just kicked ass om my second interview with Amazon! Now I'm on pins and needles till I find out if I'm flying to Seattle for the final interview!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
06-10-2015, 04:32 PM
I had a morning full of relief. I woke up drove to work, listened to some of my favorite recent music and recall thinking, "You know... things in life are good right now, I have a lot of freedom, I enjoy my work, my hobbies are great and even if stuff hit me I'd get through it. Life could be worse. Today is a good day."

I can't remember the last time I was able to think about things like that.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
06-10-2015, 10:12 PM
One of the good things about going down south last June was actually playing Super Smash Bros. I enjoyed it so much that I joined the super smash bros club at my school and now lead it. We had our first tournament and I am happy to say that King Dedede lead me to the final.

I mean I lost, but it's not bad for my only second time actually playing it.

I actually am good with King Dedede because this awesome guy named Ric(k?) taught me how to use him semi-decently (he was really good with him, I am not that bad). So it makes me smile to think about that time when I actually wasn't bad at something for the first time and then it made me smile that I got something worthwhile to take home from that voyage (in the suymbolistic sense) across the country.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.