Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-10-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(23-10-2015 08:40 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  It feels awesome when I'm able to improve someone's day. I had a lady call and ask me if I could help her diagnose and fix her system. We normally don't fix systems, nor do we usually have the time to test systems for customers, but because we were having some dead spurts, I asked her to come by and ask for me personally. I helped her fix her PS3 and she was completely overjoyed. I couldn't have been more satisfied.

That's awesome, go Ferdi! Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 09:54 AM
So happy, I had a big (for me) voice audition and found out this morning I won it! Really psyched to have lots of new rep to learn. Excitement alternating with nervousness, but this is going to be fun fun fun.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
27-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I just got gas in my car today. Last time I filled it was around 5 weeks ago.

I drove over 500 miles.

But that's not the best part -- the best part is that it only cost me $22 to fill my puny 10 gallon tank with little under 10 gallons of gas (even tho I probably could have waited until Friday to fill it up).

I even treated my car to better gas. Angel

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-10-2015, 02:09 PM
So after two weeks and three extra trips to the student records lady (I am still mad at her) I am finally all registered for next semester! Got the last spot in materials lab too.

I do find it odd that we have one of the world's best concrete engineers (who I happen to work for) on staff and yet the course in concrete design is taught by a steel expert.
27-10-2015, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 04:49 PM by kim.)
Went to the chiropractor today (like I probably should have a couple weeks ago) and I feel soooooo much better. I'm now breathing unrestricted AND I can reach for my seatbelt without it feeling as if someone was stabbing an icepick in my shoulder. Also, looking from side to side is going to be way easier ... now that I don't have to turn my entire body to do it. Shy

Oh, and then I found out ....
looks like it will be a great new year.

Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
29-10-2015, 07:47 AM
So I've been thinking a lot lately. Those questions of "What the fuck am I doing with my life? Where do I go from here?" The song "Born and Raised" by John Mayer certainly hits home with how I've been feeling:

The guy I'm dating said to said to me last night, "Everything doesn't have to be a means to an end. That's how you're living your life. That's what nursing informatics is, you need to get back to what makes you passionate." Goddamn.

There's a job opening in the trauma center. He said all I've talked about since he's known me is how much I love and miss trauma. He's right. I get passionate about it. What inspired me to look into CRNA school was being in the OR during a level I trauma while I was shadowing my friend. I don't get passionate about CV - I mean it's inspirational to see a quick turn around with so many of my surgical patients, but it doesn't fuel me. Not to mention the personalities in the ED are sooo much more in tune with mine. Not that CV hasn't played a pivotal role in personal growth - it has - it brought me back from my burnout (fuck you very much to the drug seeking abusive assholes that think a nurse's job is to give them a warm blanket and a Sprite and curse him/her out when the doc won't write for narcotics).

There's a field outside of nursing that he's really interested in, and after I went to bed he emailed the research department at our university asking to shadow. This morning he said, "I want to be a positive influence in your life. You won't finish that application without encouragement. I'm coming over after my test." He's so right.

One of my lost dreams has been trauma surgery. As in, if I could do ANY line of work, had the time to invest, that's what I would do with my life. It wouldn't be a job. There's a PA that I work with - some days he's in the OR, sometimes he's on the unit as one of the midlevel providers caring for my patients... Working as a surgical PA - I could get passionate about that - hell, I could work with trauma patients. Holy shit. How did I not think of this before?

So yeh. Great start to my day. Aaaand I get to see my son this evening - he's a scientist for career day at school today. Win. Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
29-10-2015, 04:43 PM
I got a 100 on my test today! Woo woo!!
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
29-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(29-10-2015 04:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I got a 100 on my test today! Woo woo!!

Congrats! Smile

[Image: you-did-good-gif.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
29-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Quote:So happy, I had a big (for me) voice audition and found out this morning I won it! Really psyched to have lots of new rep to learn. Excitement alternating with nervousness, but this is going to be fun fun fun.
Julep, that is beyond cool! Congratulations Smile

Glad you are going for it, Nurse. My sister just retired from OB, but her first 38 years were trauma. It was a passion her too.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
29-10-2015, 09:59 PM
(27-10-2015 04:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Went to the chiropractor today (like I probably should have a couple weeks ago) and I feel soooooo much better. I'm now breathing unrestricted AND I can reach for my seatbelt without it feeling as if someone was stabbing an icepick in my shoulder. Also, looking from side to side is going to be way easier ... now that I don't have to turn my entire body to do it. Shy

Oh, and then I found out ....
looks like it will be a great new year.

Wink

Oooooh but it's still fo far away!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post