Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Why was today a good day thread
My copy of the Merriam-Webster Encyclopedia of World Religions came in. Very good condition for a 1,182-page book for 85¢.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
13-12-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
My wife didn't take my boys to church. I was able to spend the whole morning with them playing with Legos, pillow fight, and high stakes matchbox car racing. It was simply great.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
13-12-2015, 12:00 PM
(13-12-2015 11:11 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  My wife didn't take my boys to church. I was able to spend the whole morning with them playing with Legos, pillow fight, and high stakes matchbox car racing. It was simply great.

I remember those no church days as a kid. So fun!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Late firearm doe season opened on Monday- and I've been in the middle of pulling an engine out of one of our Saturns, repairing it - and putting it back together....

I was going to finish today, then maybe get out and hunt this evening.

So much for plans....

I walked out of the garage to go to blast off a wire brush with some electrical cleaner - and I looked down towards our pond -- and there was two does grazing on the bank......

I calmly walked in the house and got the binoculars - and checked them out --- both does......

I went to the gun safe, got out my H+R .357 single shot rifle (scoped) and went out the front door -- and used cover of trees and my smokehouse to get within 100 yards of them. (downwind). I stalked a deer in the middle of December in Michigan - wearing a pair of greasy sweatpants, a fluorescent yellow t-shirt a orange sock hat and old tennis shoes....

One shot, dropped in it's tracks..... Got the quad and trailer, went down brought it back, gutted, washed and hung it in the walk in cooler. Small one, but good eating...

Had lunch --- venison burgers left over from yesterday....

Back to wrenching -- the driveline is back in...... I should have it on the road either late today, or tomorrow....

Maybe I'll get laid today too....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Left work at noon - don't have to return till Monday. Thumbsup Big Grin Bowing

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2015 04:05 PM by Aliza.)
I have done absolutely nothing today except lay around on my sofa watching Netflix, and talking on the phone with a friend.

What a glorious day!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
27-12-2015, 04:01 PM
It is a good day because the Dominican Police arrove this AM and are starting to dismantle the refugee camp across the street which had played music non stop 24 hours a day for about 10 days since they brought in the generator. There had been a dozen or so Haitian Refugees there before, but when they brought in a generator and speakers the size of army tanks and dug ditches so the stream became a local toilet it has been unbearable and the number grew past 40 persons. Take a car tire rim and lay it flat, weld on 3 legs of what ever length you like and stand it on them and you have an instant BBQ. Then use them for family cooking. That I do't mind, I find it interesting, but the river as a toilet and the music pushes it beyond tolerable, but presumably by tonight the worst will be over.
27-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Just have one more day of holiday visit with relatives to get through.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
31-12-2015, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2015 05:17 PM by natachan.)
I've been sending out résumés and cover letters all over trying to get an internship. Oil companies, construction companies, aircraft companies, and I got a call back from the consulting firm I have been drooling over! I'm still putting my application out there, but in so excited! I really hope I get this one.

Time to go buy more suits I guess.

I HAS A HUSBAND Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
10-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Went to an atheist meetup this morning. I told my son we were going to church. It was awesome. And touching. And I met new people. Including a journalist who works for the site I first visited when I deconverted, just prior to me finding TTA.

We're siting in the parking lot of the local science museum waiting for my phone to charge so I can take plenty of fun pics.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post