Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
14-01-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(13-12-2012 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  I just got several old VMs up and running on my server; I'd thought they were lost, but now they are found.

Also got a Linux VM running on my Win 7 laptop; it's running a NetApp simulator.

Ah, virtual is its own reward! Thumbsup

Like the old song "I once was lost, but Now I am fondled, was blonde all over me!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2016, 03:34 PM
My son's first college acceptance letter was received today! Plus he got a scholarship! Three more colleges to hear from, then he will get to decide which he'll attend.

And we walked into the first college music major audition (at UMass) this afternoon and the first thing the adjudicator said was, "excellent job on the Berceuse last week" (he had been at the music festival where my son had some big solos). And he told me just after the audition that as far as the Music Department is concerned, my son is in.

Happy happy happy happy.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
16-01-2016, 03:40 PM
(14-01-2016 11:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok so we are sitting in the candy shop enjoying our malted milkshakes (they were damn good btw old fashioned made with the mixmaster yum) just people watching as yesterday was rather warm for January (around 65*f) when up comes these two guys walking a dog. One of the men was older the other younger, I think they were a couple, but by far the weirdest thing we saw in Austin was their dog.

To start is was dressed in a green tweed smoking jacket. It's fur had been shaved so that it had a Mohawk that was dyed purple. The tip of it's tail had also been uncut and was dyed the same shade of Purple. EA and I just looked at each other and laughed. Keep Austin Weird.

I have a few Keep Austin Weird t-shirts. I have only been there a couple times but I love it there. Interesting place.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-01-2016, 03:43 PM
(13-01-2016 02:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I exercised for the first time in years today (interval running for 30 minutes) and I'm completely exhausted. I'm out of breath, snot is running out of my nose, but I feel great because I accomplished something today. I took the first step towards getting into shape for the first time in my life. I've been overweight for over a decade and the last time I was at a healthy weight was when I was in my pre-teen years. Big Grin

What no pics?
17-01-2016, 04:12 PM
(16-01-2016 03:43 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 02:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I exercised for the first time in years today (interval running for 30 minutes) and I'm completely exhausted. I'm out of breath, snot is running out of my nose, but I feel great because I accomplished something today. I took the first step towards getting into shape for the first time in my life. I've been overweight for over a decade and the last time I was at a healthy weight was when I was in my pre-teen years. Big Grin

What no pics?
Well, I posted this one two days ago. Tongue

[Image: RkedaG0.jpg]

It turns out I really enjoy running in sub-zero temperatures at night. Hardly anyone else is on the streets, it's quiet and I love the way the cold air feels on my skin.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-01-2016, 10:18 AM
When I returned to college after five years in 2014, I didn't have any problems with my instructors. Everybody was professional, and that was that! In the fall of 2015, I took chemistry for the first time ever. I had two separate instructors -- one for lecture and the other for lab! The one for lecture? Fantastic instructor! Professional, polite and kind. The one for lab? Can't stand her... unprofessional, rude, loud, obnoxious and unhelpful.

Anywho, this is my second semester of taking chemistry. I have lab on Wednesdays at 3pm. Classes have been cancelled today due to the weather! I'm in a fantastic mood, since I don't have to go to lab! I could rant about the lab instructor for days! Loving the reprieve!Tongue
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
21-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Had my first class of Computer Animation 1 today (and by that I mean technically yesterday but I haven't slept yet)! Didn't do anything, but damn I'm just so happy to have a class where when they go over what we'll be doing over the course of the semester I actually feel excited.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
21-01-2016, 05:24 AM
I got released from hospital. Big Grin

They say "discharged". I say released. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 08:32 PM
...apparently I am the exception. Big Grin

He called me today to hang out - I gave him a hard time and nearly refused to go. He knew I didn't have an actual camera, so he took me to the store and bought me one to teach me how to use the more special features on it. Even so, I was still standoffish with him.

It dawned on him this evening what I was saying last night, that it was over. How much he hurt me. He realized he didn't like the thought of me not in his life, that he wanted to be a part of mine, that he would work hard to make me happy. He said, "I don't know how to act around kids. I've never been around them." He talked positively about meeting my son after I talked to him about how sweet he was, how kids that age are easy, how he loves to explore and figure out how things work. "Never thought about that. I love teaching others about how things work. I could really enjoy that." Then he answered my question about what I am to him Shy Heart

About damn time. Sheesh. You men are so difficult. So much truth to this song:

He'll be back in a bit - went to get a bottle of wine to go with dinner, and to get his work clothes for tomorrow.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
06-02-2016, 09:16 PM
(06-02-2016 08:32 PM)Nurse Wrote:  ...apparently I am the exception. Big Grin

He called me today to hang out - I gave him a hard time and nearly refused to go. He knew I didn't have an actual camera, so he took me to the store and bought me one to teach me how to use the more special features on it. Even so, I was still standoffish with him.

It dawned on him this evening what I was saying last night, that it was over. How much he hurt me. He realized he didn't like the thought of me not in his life, that he wanted to be a part of mine, that he would work hard to make me happy. He said, "I don't know how to act around kids. I've never been around them." He talked positively about meeting my son after I talked to him about how sweet he was, how kids that age are easy, how he loves to explore and figure out how things work. "Never thought about that. I love teaching others about how things work. I could really enjoy that." Then he answered my question about what I am to him Shy Heart

About damn time. Sheesh. You men are so difficult. So much truth to this song:

He'll be back in a bit - went to get a bottle of wine to go with dinner, and to get his work clothes for tomorrow.

Shy Yay, Nurse! Big Grin Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post