Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-02-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
It has been rather hot this past week in Sydney. Today I had to go to the Dr in a suburb called Campsie, located further from the city than myself. As a result the shopping is cheaper. I was able to buy 1 kilo of high grade espresso coffee for just $14.99. In Newtown, my suburb, high grade coffee can be $16.50 for 250 Ml.

The coffee has such a wonderful aroma that I cannot wait until tomorrow morning to have a cup. The gentleman who sold it to me even gave me a bit over a kilo. It was like 1.4 kilos. I insisted he take a bit more money. He refused so I told him it made it easier to walk if I had less change. So then he kept it.

So I saw my doctor and got my regular medication, cheap but excellent coffee and Metamucill which was $5.00 cheaper than it is here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
26-02-2016, 02:25 AM
Today is mani pedi day.

Yay me!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-02-2016, 08:57 PM
So, for the last week, we have been on a cash only basis. We're trying to get control over the spending and using the debit card isn't cutting it.

We just don't seem to keep track. It's way too easy to walk into a store for a couple things and walk out with bags and bags of stuff we don't really need or could wait. Or blowing $80 on a meal no one really enjoyed.

Since moving to cash only we're better paying attention to what goes inside the cart. We're not compromising on taste, and we have plenty of treats and snacks too -- plus entertainment and occasional eating out.

I'm kinda pissed we didn't start this years ago

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-02-2016, 09:15 PM
(27-02-2016 08:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, for the last week, we have been on a cash only basis. We're trying to get control over the spending and using the debit card isn't cutting it.

We just don't seem to keep track. It's way too easy to walk into a store for a couple things and walk out with bags and bags of stuff we don't really need or could wait. Or blowing $80 on a meal no one really enjoyed.

Since moving to cash only we're better paying attention to what goes inside the cart. We're not compromising on taste, and we have plenty of treats and snacks too -- plus entertainment and occasional eating out.

Better late than never.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Smile Had so much fun getting to know Ziggy. He has been here two days and already runs to the door with the other dogs to go outside. He already knows to stay back from the edge of the pool. He's very, very playful and is making good use of the toys the other dogs aren't interested in.

The other dogs are easing their way toward him. He melts my heart. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-02-2016, 09:55 PM
(27-02-2016 08:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, for the last week, we have been on a cash only basis. We're trying to get control over the spending and using the debit card isn't cutting it.

I wish to have that problem for a few weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
27-02-2016, 10:32 PM
I made some easy money today. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-02-2016, 10:38 PM
(27-02-2016 10:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I made some easy money today. Smile

You just be sure to wrap your Willie. I hear senior citizens are the fastest rising groups for stds.

Oh and use a dental dam too.

27-02-2016, 10:41 PM
(27-02-2016 10:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 10:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I made some easy money today. Smile

You just be sure to wrap your Willie. I hear senior citizens are the fastest rising groups for stds.

Not that kind of easy. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2016, 10:49 PM
(27-02-2016 10:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 10:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You just be sure to wrap your Willie. I hear senior citizens are the fastest rising groups for stds.

Not that kind of easy. Dodgy

Well, put some linament on your back and get back to it. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post