Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
15-03-2016, 05:10 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(14-03-2016 10:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That little jumping spider I found(turns out he is a she) landed on my hand today. Cute little thing.

See. Nice and slow. No need to jump in the deep end right away. Good for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2016, 06:53 AM
I bought flavored coffee that I thought was being sold only in one place. It's not often that mistake make me glad.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
15-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Feeling hopeful today. More so than I have felt in a long time.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
15-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Today is little hobbits first trip to the dentist. I'm excited and nervous. I hope she doesnt bite the dentist. lol.
15-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Near got the job! I'm so excited! Life is going to be SOO MUCH EASIER for us financially now.
[+] 10 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
15-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Went to my alma mater for a ribbon cutting at the uni's new solar observatory. Now that I'm retired I get to do that kind of stuff. Met up with a couple profs that I haven't seen in a really long time. One couldn't see me. He went blind in the intervening time. Sadcryface
16-03-2016, 12:04 AM
(15-03-2016 10:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Went to my alma mater for a ribbon cutting at the uni's new solar observatory. Now that I'm retired I get to do that kind of stuff. Met up with a couple profs that I haven't seen in a really long time. One couldn't see me. He went blind in the intervening time. Sadcryface

I guess profs don't get a lot of sex...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-03-2016, 01:38 AM
(15-03-2016 08:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Near got the job! I'm so excited! Life is going to be SOO MUCH EASIER for us financially now.

I'm so happy for you all Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Last night I decided to go to happy hour at this really nice restaurant in walking distance from my apartment. I was super excited to find they carried sloe gin and ordered a sloe gin fizz. A gentleman overheard me, discreetly paid for my drink, and left before I knew and could thank him. I haven't had one of those in YEARS.

I also met a neighbor last night. He was quite the interesting character. He can't be more than forty and is already "retired." He now plays with stocks all day, goes hiking, chills with his super cute pug. He walked me home last night, and I went over to his apartment- we were too busy talking. Great conversationalist. I saw his chess board so he got it out. We played two games - I won the first round, he the second. It was soooo much fun! I accidentally left my leftovers in his fridge and went to get them this afternoon. This is the first time I've ever seen someone the next day without beer goggles and not been disappointed.

At the moment I'm trying a loose leaf Tennessee Honeysuckle black tea blend. Yum. Smells kinda like fruity pebbles.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
19-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Lazy day...re-watching season five of Game of Thrones in preparation for the new season.

Doing some sewing, took a nap, played with the dogs and the cat. The evening looks like more sewing and more GoT. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF