Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-03-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I got to leave work at 0500 this morning. I went home, packed some clothes, and drove to my parents. After a nap, went out to the farm. I first helped out in one of the bee yards. After that, dad helped me with the tractor, we tilled the garden and planted a bunch of veggies. Also went exploring down a dirt road with my parents. We didn't get as far as we hoped, though. The road was washed out.

Right now I'm waiting on my ex to arrive with my son. Yay!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
19-03-2016, 10:19 PM
(19-03-2016 06:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I got to leave work at 0500 this morning. I went home, packed some clothes, and drove to my parents. After a nap, went out to the farm. I first helped out in one of the bee yards. After that, dad helped me with the tractor, we tilled the garden and planted a bunch of veggies. Also went exploring down a dirt road with my parents. We didn't get as far as we hoped, though. The road was washed out.

I'm sort of keeping up with this. You get to keep him, primarily, now?
19-03-2016, 10:53 PM
(19-03-2016 10:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 06:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I got to leave work at 0500 this morning. I went home, packed some clothes, and drove to my parents. After a nap, went out to the farm. I first helped out in one of the bee yards. After that, dad helped me with the tractor, we tilled the garden and planted a bunch of veggies. Also went exploring down a dirt road with my parents. We didn't get as far as we hoped, though. The road was washed out.

I'm sort of keeping up with this. You get to keep him, primarily, now?

Not right now. As soon as I'm back in Alabama I'm getting him 50%.

I just got off the phone with my brother - there are three interviews scheduled on Friday for the position I just learned about. Sooo I'm putting in my online application tomorrow - I didn't have a chance until this weekend to get to it - I need Mom's computer to update and print my resume. (I currently use my cellphone like a computer - TTA, bills, YouTube...) If I get the job I will actually be making MORE than I make right now...nearly six figures...holy shit that would be awesome. I'd get my debts paid off hella fast, possibly by year's end.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
20-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Ok, so the hospice position includes a ton of overtime, and the reviews of the company talk about how overworked the staff is... While paying off my debts super fast sounds fantastic, I've already missed a lot of my son's life. My goal is to be at home with my son more, not less.

I'm gonna ride out my lease until June and then get a 3 days/wk ICU position in Alabama. I'll still get my debts paid off, just not as quickly. I'll have four off days/week to play with my son, tend the garden, and play with chickens - LIFE.

So I went to church again this morning, as is a condition of living with my parents. I really like how the culture has changed there with the new preacher - I attended there as a teen and when my son was an infant. Mom has agreed to go there with me and my son, and not take him to her church. One of the members made a short video talking about how she had been a member there all her life, got divorced after 16 years and was devastated. Several years later she got married again, and it ended after only three months. Instead of judgement while she was broken, she found love and acceptance. Last year at this time I got the complete opposite at my parents' church - last thing a person needs during one of the most painful experiences a person can go through is vitriol. So yeh, I just sat through a Southern Baptist sermon where the point was that we should love others, not be judgy, and not to be shackled to our past (there was Jesusy stuff in there, too, obviously). Two weeks ago he added in a he "and she, my emphasis" to one of the Bible verses. Hell yeah. If I'm going to have to sit in a Southern Baptist church every Sunday morning, at least the preacher is loving, accepting, and not a douche. And I like the people there. It's better for the community, too, that he's not preaching intolerance and bigotry. Baby steps!

[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
20-03-2016, 03:15 PM
My man came home last night.

Nothing much else to say.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-03-2016, 08:06 PM
I bought some new sneakers to go walking at the gym when I get off work each night and I got a new chair for work, soooo comfy. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
20-03-2016, 08:10 PM
It didn't snow here, like it did a mere 40 miles west of here! Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Today has yet to be "good" as such. I've just been here doing nothing reading the forum.

However, my appointment at the hospital is now at the hospital that's a 5 minute walk away. Not the other side of Sydney harbour. So I have both saved and wasted time. Big Grin

About to leave........Now! Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-04-2016, 07:45 AM
I had a job interview and it went fantastic! They're going to be recommending me to HR, so hopefully I'll hear from them later today or tomorrow! Yay!!!

I'm going to get to come home Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
07-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Slept OK, sent my lovely bride off to work, washed the kitchen and hanging up the winter flannel sheets to dry and put away. Later the neighbor and I are going to pick up our new sofa and loveseat that has been on order for 4 weeks. we have been using patio furniture for the last month or so Smile
We were very pleased to purchase furniture made in the US, just one state away in Oregon.